Reason 10 early adopter voucher

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
AttenuationHz

21 Nov 2017

Faastwalker wrote:
21 Nov 2017
but everyone loves a bargain ;)
Or a sense that they're getting one.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

exe135

21 Nov 2017

Paid 129€ a week ago, and didn't recieve anything now. ://

Faastwalker

21 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
21 Nov 2017
Faastwalker wrote:
21 Nov 2017
but everyone loves a bargain ;)
Like I said, would much rather have just saved $30 on the upgrade price a fortnight ago. The more I think about it the more pissed I am about the whole situation. A situation that I don't think should exist at all. Releasing a product & then putting it on sale less than a month later, for whatever reason, is bollocks. Especially for loyal users who picked up the upgrade on the day of release. It's a real kick in the teeth I think. I initially thought the $30 voucher idea was very generous. I take that back. We shouldn't be in this boat! It should have been $99 on release for a limited time. That would have been a much better way to promote the update, reward loyal users / early adopters & would negate the need for this whole $30 (Propellerhead only) voucher nonsense. I'm not impressed.

dvdrtldg

21 Nov 2017

For a minute there I thought I could get Softube Tube-Tech Classic Channel for $109 and I nearly wet myself. Never mind. Picked up Reason Soul School 1.5 for $19 instead, which is excellent

AttenuationHz

21 Nov 2017

Faastwalker wrote:
21 Nov 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
21 Nov 2017

Like I said, would much rather have just saved $30 on the upgrade price a fortnight ago. The more I think about it the more pissed I am about the whole situation. A situation that I don't think should exist at all. Releasing a product & then putting it on sale less than a month later, for whatever reason, is bollocks. Especially for loyal users who picked up the upgrade on the day of release. It's a real kick in the teeth I think. I initially thought the $30 voucher idea was very generous. I take that back. We shouldn't be in this boat! It should have been $99 on release for a limited time. That would have been a much better way to promote the update, reward loyal users / early adopters & would negate the need for this whole $30 (Propellerhead only) voucher nonsense. I'm not impressed.
I hear you I would not be impressed myself if I had of bought into it myself on announcement day which many loyal user here made their minds up about as far I could tell. Better to wait on these things imo. I would consider myself a loyal user but everything has pro and cons. It is shitty that loads of people have a €30 not much value voucher and others get the value for waiting but chalk it up to a lesson learned I think. The Trial of Reason was in the shop on day 1 30 days to evaluate for free. Much value...

On the other hand if VST's were not just recently released and 9.5 was released late last year after November I might have upgraded to 10 myself after evaluating it.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

CephaloPod

21 Nov 2017

Faastwalker wrote:
21 Nov 2017
sublunar wrote:
21 Nov 2017
Got my voucher, happily spent it. If anyone doesn't want theirs, I'll take it. :thumbs_up:
You can have mine for $30 if you think it's so great ;)

Just had a look through the entirety of the Propellerhead products in the shop - there's nothing there I particularly want for any amount. I've got all the Propellerhead stuff I wanted already. Shame we can't use the voucher on anything in the shop but I understand why it's only Propellerhead products - they can't pull an upgrade cost sale less than a month after release & expect 3rd party developers to pick up the tab! But as it stands I'd rather have just saved $30 on the upgrade cost when I bought it a fortnight ago! :x

Should have waited! A Reason 10 upgrade promotion? That's a reason people are suggesting for the upgrade price sale? All it's promoting to me is NOT to buy anything from the Prop Shop at full price :? All these sales, discounts, special offer weekends are very good at enforcing this view. I can't remember the last time I paid full price for something in the Prop Shop .......... not including the Reason 10 upgrade! I question if it's good for business in the long run? I don't think it is but everyone loves a bargain ;)
I agree, there isn't anything eligible that I would want, even for $9 (some of those so-called RE's for $99 are a JOKE). Still, I paid $139 for the up R10 upgrade because it was a what I considered a fair price at the time. I'm not going to whine now because they are offering vouchers towards stuff I don't want.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

FlowerSoldier

22 Nov 2017

Dang it. I always buy the prop stuff cause I like supporting The Cause.
Even when I get my voucher I have nothing to drop it on....
@mattiasHG Can the stickers somehow be available with the voucher?
I promise I will buy them and stick them everywhere...

Faastwalker

22 Nov 2017

CephaloPod wrote:
21 Nov 2017
I agree, there isn't anything eligible that I would want, even for $9 (some of those so-called RE's for $99 are a JOKE). Still, I paid $139 for the up R10 upgrade because it was a what I considered a fair price at the time. I'm not going to whine now because they are offering vouchers towards stuff I don't want.
I thought it was worth it myself. I've always bought Reason upgrades. But to then put the product on sale less than a month after release?! It's a kick in the teeth. Reason 10 full version has had $100 slashed off the price. Imagine if new Reason users jumped on board at launch only to find the price reduced by a third only a few weeks later. I thought Propellerhead wanted to encourage new users? It's not the way to do it. Why not launch with an intro price? That would really stand out to potential new users. As for existing users, for our continued & loyal support, we get a $30 consolation voucher that may or may not be of any use to us. I would much rather have had $30 off the cost of the upgrade all things considered. If I had waited a fortnight I would have got it! I won't buy another Reason upgrade. Not until it's on sale.

AttenuationHz

22 Nov 2017

FlowerSoldier wrote:
22 Nov 2017
Dang it. I always buy the prop stuff cause I like supporting The Cause.
Even when I get my voucher I have nothing to drop it on....
@mattiasHG Can the stickers somehow be available with the voucher?
I promise I will buy them and stick them everywhere...
:lol: :lol:

On the bus?

AttenuationHz

22 Nov 2017

Faastwalker wrote:
22 Nov 2017
CephaloPod wrote:
21 Nov 2017
I thought it was worth it myself. I've always bought Reason upgrades. But to then put the product on sale less than a month after release?! It's a kick in the teeth. Reason 10 full version has had $100 slashed off the price. Imagine if new Reason users jumped on board at launch only to find the price reduced by a third only a few weeks later. I thought Propellerhead wanted to encourage new users? It's not the way to do it. Why not launch with an intro price? That would really stand out to potential new users. As for existing users, for our continued & loyal support, we get a $30 consolation voucher that may or may not be of any use to us. I would much rather have had $30 off the cost of the upgrade all things considered. If I had waited a fortnight I would have got it! I won't buy another Reason upgrade. Not until it's on sale.
It will never be on sale again :lol: :lol: @EnochLight

Vincent7344

22 Nov 2017

If you upgraded from Essentials, it seems you are $100 out of pocket.

Am I reading that right?

ravisoni

22 Nov 2017

Faastwalker wrote:
21 Nov 2017
A Reason 10 upgrade promotion? That's a reason people are suggesting for the upgrade price sale? All it's promoting to me is NOT to buy anything from the Prop Shop at full price :? All these sales, discounts, special offer weekends are very good at enforcing this view. I can't remember the last time I paid full price for something in the Prop Shop .......... not including the Reason 10 upgrade! I question if it's good for business in the long run? I don't think it is but everyone loves a bargain ;)
(Just thinking out loud, and possibly stating the obvious). The "regular" prices, imo, are inflated just to give customers a sense of "can't miss out on the sale price," because that will be a definite motivation and driver of a higher # of orders, and thus a higher income.

For instance if Blamsoft keeps Expanse at $149 for the year, maybe they'll get 10 customers. Then at a sale for $79, say they pick up some 50, so overall they've made $5440. However, if they were to adjust an average price, say $99, and never put their product on sale, they'd likely only get 15 (maybe 20) total orders at the most (because those who wait for the $49 price would not buy a $99 tag).

I think for the PH shop, the way the prices work has become a function of customer behavior during sale cycles the past few years, and for those of us privy to it, we should almost always wait if we can (as opposed to new users, collaborators or other longtime users who haven't seen the trends in the shop yet). To answer your final question, I don't think it's bad for business.
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

MonsterRadioMan

22 Nov 2017

My voucher isn't working. I went to use it on Polar and when I add the code it says "Code not Valid." Does the voucher not work with the stuff that's on sale or should I contact customer support? If so, that kind of sucks. Not sure I'll use it if that's the case.

tanni

22 Nov 2017

MonsterRadioMan wrote:
22 Nov 2017
My voucher isn't working. I went to use it on Polar and when I add the code it says "Code not Valid." Does the voucher not work with the stuff that's on sale or should I contact customer support? If so, that kind of sucks. Not sure I'll use it if that's the case.
If I understand the propellerhead email right, than you have to wait until Friday....

Southgate

22 Nov 2017

Wow... I had my eye on PH Nylon guitar for the BF discounts...

Just picked it up for 9€ with the voucher code...one happy camper here!

Thanks Props!

Steedus
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2017

As soon as I saw the voucher code in my email I thought, Oh snap I bet the upgrade just got cheaper (thought it may have been a permanent price change) and all I could think was, "Good on them, this was a nice gesture." Sure it's a shame it's not store wide, but I think it's more than fair.

Wondering if the Drum Takes refills are any good .. ? They're all $5 each for the sale.

Adabler
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2017

Man, I did not notice that e-mail before saw this thread. Thanks!

I used mine to further lower the price of the PX7. This turned out to be the synthiest week ever.
:reason: 12, Win10

moneykube

22 Nov 2017

"my code didn't work...seems I owe 34 dollars including tax and duties... should have be 4"
note... sale on prop products only... it was confusing on the site and email... so bought radical keys for 29.00
63 dollars and counting lol... must.... stop... buying... impulse buys... hmmmm,,, but hey Nautilus free... yay 54 dollars for 3 racks and a refill
Last edited by moneykube on 22 Nov 2017, edited 5 times in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

stephensmattlee

22 Nov 2017

MonsterRadioMan wrote:My voucher isn't working. I went to use it on Polar and when I add the code it says "Code not Valid." Does the voucher not work with the stuff that's on sale or should I contact customer support? If so, that kind of sucks. Not sure I'll use it if that's the case.
Sounds like you might need to contact Propellerhead. I used the voucher last night to get the 30 euros off Polar and went through with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qn5

22 Nov 2017

househoppin09 wrote:
21 Nov 2017
I bought the R10 upgrade for $129 on November 10, and I haven't received anything in my e-mail about a voucher. Am I the only one who hasn't gotten it? How does the voucher work, is it a coupon code? Is there any way I can still attempt to use it without having received the e-mail?
I upgraded as well and I haven't gotten it either. :(
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

Loque

22 Nov 2017

qn5 wrote:
22 Nov 2017
househoppin09 wrote:
21 Nov 2017
I bought the R10 upgrade for $129 on November 10, and I haven't received anything in my e-mail about a voucher. Am I the only one who hasn't gotten it? How does the voucher work, is it a coupon code? Is there any way I can still attempt to use it without having received the e-mail?
I upgraded as well and I haven't gotten it either. :(
Check your spam folders. The sender was a bit different than usual and it was in my "unknown" folder. And no, without a code you cannot participate.

If the spam folder does not show anything from "donotreply@propellerheads.se" you may contact PH and maybe they can help. But i would not expect any replies within time... Maybe try Facebook or Twitter if Email does not work.
Reason12, Win10

sot

22 Nov 2017

thumbs up to Propellerhead for this offer :thumbs_up: (rotor for me)
Last edited by sot on 22 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: 10

supersplaron

22 Nov 2017

If you haven't received the voucher email, that's most probably because you're not subscribed to our offers and newsletters. Make sure that you are by ticking the box on the settings page in your account.

If you want the voucher, please get in touch with our sales support team here and they'll help you out: https://www.propellerheads.se/support/contact/

TheMiles

22 Nov 2017

Just bought Polar, a device i have been longing to get for ages. Always thought it was too expensive, now i got it for 9 bucks :)

sublunar

22 Nov 2017

Faastwalker wrote:
21 Nov 2017
sublunar wrote:
21 Nov 2017
Got my voucher, happily spent it. If anyone doesn't want theirs, I'll take it. :thumbs_up:
You can have mine for $30 if you think it's so great ;)
I PM'd you then realized you were joking. Meh. A $30 voucher from PH is better than not getting $30 voucher.

• Information