Reason 10 early adopter voucher

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
LuxB

21 Nov 2017

Wow! Just wow!!

Received a mail from Props with a 30€ voucher as a Reason 10 early upgrade adopter.

This is loyalty bonus as some may say.

Thank you Props!

shropshirelad

21 Nov 2017

Just got mine but it's only valid for Propellerhead products. I'm such a loyal customer that there's very little left that I don't already have! I might get FPN for 9euro to complete my guitar arsenal.

kuhliloach

21 Nov 2017

This is not a gift but rather a scam to get you spending yet more money. Looks like I wont be using my code. What a sad state of affairs - nothing on the list is $30 or less. When will the greed end?

joeyluck

21 Nov 2017

kuhliloach wrote:
21 Nov 2017
This is not a gift but rather a scam to get you spending yet more money. Looks like I wont be using my code. What a sad state of affairs - nothing on the list is $30 or less. When will the greed end?
What??? :lol:

The upgrade was $129
The upgrade is now on sale for $99
The difference is the $30. And you can choose to use that $30 towards other Propellerhead products or not... Which are all heavily discounted right now.

kuhliloach

21 Nov 2017

Joey - there is nothing I can use the voucher for without spending more money. Talk about adding insult to injury. Since I have no money the voucher will be wasted.

joeyluck

21 Nov 2017

kuhliloach wrote:
21 Nov 2017
Joey - there is nothing I can use the voucher for without spending more money. Talk about adding insult to injury. Since I have no money the voucher will be wasted.
Sorry to hear. If you upgraded to Reason 10 before today, you paid $129.
Folks today can upgrade for $99. They are being thoughtful by giving you the exact difference in value ($30) to spend or not spend. What, do you want them to pay you to use Reason? I don't understand your thinking here...
And stuff is heavily discounted right now! Can't imagine your response to have this voucher not during a sale :?

shropshirelad

21 Nov 2017

If it was 30 euros to spend in the shop, it would be very cool. As it is, like I said above, I'm stuck with just one choice which I don't really need.

stratatonic

21 Nov 2017

The new Propellerhead. Well, they HAD to offer at least $30 so as to survive the shitstorm that would have happened from the early adopters.

But offering a 30 dollars discount for the Reason 10 upgrade so soon after launch (less than a month!) makes it appear that sales were not that hot.

Kuhioloach, I see Rotor for 25. But you're right, you still have to mostly spend MORE money. Should have been $39. There are quite a few 39 dollar Prop products on this sale. (but obviously the name of the game is additional money for Propellerhead). Regardless of when the vouchers are used, you will be spending moar money.

platzangst

21 Nov 2017

If PH had done nothing, there'd be endless batch about the Black Friday discount and how it screws the early adopters. Nevermind that nobody put a gun to anyone's head to spring for the R10 update, never mind that November was coming right up and people could have waited, no, all this is somehow PROPELLERHEAD'S fault, and a scam to boot.

PH could cure cancer worldwide and there'd be someone waiting to complain about how they can't get chemo treatments afterwards.

joeyluck

21 Nov 2017

Y'all are being ridiculous. Just do the math. Are you seriously complaining about having a $30 voucher and spending $9 to have something like a RE regularly priced at $99?

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2017

kuhliloach wrote:
21 Nov 2017
A scam? I mean come on. You get offered a discount and your first thought is that it's a scam. Really? They're trying to find ways so that you will buy their products. Of course, that's what companies do. Propellerhead is a company you know. Maybe you thought of them a charity organisation. I guess everyone that wants to make a living and charge for their work is greedy now.

Loque

21 Nov 2017

Nice PH! Finally you remember some old loyal customers. Thx! :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

LuxB

21 Nov 2017

I must say I've posted the topic without taking time to see what I'll take. And I'll certainly find something! If not REs, there are still interesting refills for less than 30€ imho.

Anyway, this is a change in Props's policy I believe, and I can only clap clap to that. Always had some bitter frustration to see stuff I purchased full price being on sale a few weeks later. And this is going towards loyalty recognition.

Nuff said, to the shop!

kuhliloach

21 Nov 2017

Disguising a "thank you" offer during black friday that gives 0 usable value and is ONLY an invitation to spend more money is borderline EVIL.
I even wasted time picking out a Rack Extension, only to learn the voucher is useless. Not only did they waste my time they managed to seriously irritate me.

joeyluck

21 Nov 2017

kuhliloach wrote:
21 Nov 2017
Disguising a "thank you" offer during black friday that gives 0 usable value and is ONLY an invitation to spend more money is borderline EVIL.
I even wasted time picking out a Rack Extension, only to learn the voucher is useless. Not only did they waste my time they managed to seriously irritate me.
What exactly do you want? More value than you paid? Having the $30 voucher not during a sale? Not having the voucher at all? They didn't call it a voucher for a product. It's money towards buying something. You can have a $99 RE for $9 right now. Or not. Or a ReFill or Rotor or whatever...

MarkTarlton

21 Nov 2017

joeyluck wrote:
21 Nov 2017
kuhliloach wrote:
21 Nov 2017
Folks today can upgrade for $99. They are being thoughtful by giving you the exact difference in value ($30) to spend or not spend. What, do you want them to pay you to use Reason? I don't understand your thinking here...
And stuff is heavily discounted right now! Can't imagine your response to have this voucher not during a sale :?
not sure you get the voucher unless you upgraded...

"Thanks for upgrading to Reason 10! Here’s a $30 Propellerhead Shop voucher as a thank you for your early upgrade and support. "

Loque

21 Nov 2017

kuhliloach wrote:
21 Nov 2017
0b1c546c97a850565bfdcc61d94abe0c.gif
0b1c546c97a850565bfdcc61d94abe0c.gif (430.15 KiB) Viewed 6075 times
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

21 Nov 2017

MarkTarlton wrote:
21 Nov 2017
joeyluck wrote:
21 Nov 2017

not sure you get the voucher unless you upgraded...

"Thanks for upgrading to Reason 10! Here’s a $30 Propellerhead Shop voucher as a thank you for your early upgrade and support. "
Exactly. You get the voucher if you upgraded previously. It's the difference in the current sale price for the upgrade.

househoppin09

21 Nov 2017

I bought the R10 upgrade for $129 on November 10, and I haven't received anything in my e-mail about a voucher. Am I the only one who hasn't gotten it? How does the voucher work, is it a coupon code? Is there any way I can still attempt to use it without having received the e-mail?

IFR

21 Nov 2017

househoppin09 wrote:
21 Nov 2017
I bought the R10 upgrade for $129 on November 10, and I haven't received anything in my e-mail about a voucher. Am I the only one who hasn't gotten it? How does the voucher work, is it a coupon code? Is there any way I can still attempt to use it without having received the e-mail?
I dont have one either, however, I only bought R9 after R10 was announced, so maybe that doesn't count?
Either way, yay if I get it, and if I dont, I wasn't expecting it anyway, so that's ok too.

BananaSkins

21 Nov 2017

For all those Reason users who are not going to use their free 30 euro vouchers :roll: please pass on their codes to me...thank you... ;) :re: :thumbs_up:

IFR

21 Nov 2017

BananaSkins wrote:
21 Nov 2017
For all those Reason users who are not going to use their free 30 euro vouchers :roll: please pass on their codes to me...thank you... ;) :re: :thumbs_up:
Im with you on that one too.

If nobody wants their free $30, Ill be more than happy to take it as well.

stephensmattlee

21 Nov 2017

Very nice gesture from Props. I do wish the discount code was applicable all across the shop and not tied to just Props own devices but hey, it’s still appreciated [emoji3]

Used the voucher to finally get Polar (been one that I never got round to getting years ago), and plus being a guitarist too I thought I’d probably get the most out of it compared to other devices I could potentially have chosen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by stephensmattlee on 21 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.

lzap

21 Nov 2017

I guess us with Radical Piano purchased months before R10 are not getting any voucher at all... :-( Anyway, enjoy :D

Social Exodus

21 Nov 2017

This place cracks me up sometimes. This thread is destined to be an instant classic.
Last edited by Social Exodus on 21 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

• Information