Reason 10 early adopter voucher

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kuhliloach

21 Nov 2017

The email link they sent lands on a page that does not show the $5 Record Drum Takes Refills, Pascal Gabriel's Melophobia Machine ($25), Reggaeton ReFill ($25), and Jason McGerr Sessions ($25). I guess I'll work something out. Those can be seen by visiting:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... pellerhead

robthompson

21 Nov 2017

I'm grateful for the voucher. After trawling through the offerings (Propellerhead stuff only, alas), I finally selected Jason McGerr drum sessions for €25. Better than nowt, I say.

They're right, above, though; all the 'full' stuff is €39+, so I'd have had to spend to get it. After buying the upgrade itself I'm not in a position to do that yet, and the voucher is excruciatingly time-limited. Some software businesses have been anticipating Black Friday for a week or more and I suppose it's a shame that this offer couldn't have been extended - to payday ;)

kitekrazy

21 Nov 2017

kuhliloach wrote:
21 Nov 2017
Joey - there is nothing I can use the voucher for without spending more money. Talk about adding insult to injury. Since I have no money the voucher will be wasted.
See Native Instruments. Their vouchers can't be used on sales.

The reason for this voucher is the upgrade price is on sale for $99. That would make an angry user base who recently paid $129.

househoppin09

21 Nov 2017

It certainly would! Speaking of which, what exactly are we supposed to do if we recently paid $129 and haven't received the voucher e-mail? Is this a situation that can be resolved by someone PMing me the coupon code? I'm not going to contact Props over this as it doesn't seem worth the hassle, not to mention it will probably take until after the voucher expires to resolve it with them. Anyone?

jayhosking

21 Nov 2017

stephensmattlee wrote:
21 Nov 2017

Used the voucher to finally get Polar (been one that I never got round to getting years ago), and plus being a guitarist too I thought I’d probably get the most out of it compared to other devices I could potentially have chosen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Polar is really, really fun. I love it on guitars (here's something with two Polar'd guitars: https://jayhosking.bandcamp.com/track/t ... o-the-city) but it's a pretty neat way to pleasantly screw up many types of sounds.

joeyluck

21 Nov 2017

househoppin09 wrote:
21 Nov 2017
It certainly would! Speaking of which, what exactly are we supposed to do if we recently paid $129 and haven't received the voucher e-mail? Is this a situation that can be resolved by someone PMing me the coupon code? I'm not going to contact Props over this as it doesn't seem worth the hassle, not to mention it will probably take until after the voucher expires to resolve it with them. Anyone?
I assume you have checked your junk folder... I would definitely contact Propellerhead if you are looking to use the voucher and have not received it.

AttenuationHz

21 Nov 2017

househoppin09 wrote:
21 Nov 2017
Yes :shifty: :shifty: I have not "received" mine either
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

FlowerSoldier

21 Nov 2017

I upgraded on 10/25, but no voucher...I'll check later, but my feelings will be hurt if I get left out.

Faastwalker

21 Nov 2017

I only bought the upgrade a couple of weeks back. So it's very good of the Props to offer a $30 voucher for early adopters following the upgrade discount. But when all is said & done why didn't they just release the upgrade for $99 & save all the hassle?! I think I'm correcting in saying this is the first time an Reason upgrade has EVER been discounted. What does this tell us?! Are people not buying the upgrade so Props are going for some extra, Black Friday incentive?
Last edited by Faastwalker on 21 Nov 2017, edited 2 times in total.

WongoTheSane

21 Nov 2017

I received the email about four hours ago, and if other PH mailing campaigns are any indication, they can be spread over several hours. So all is not lost if you haven't received it yet!

joeyluck

21 Nov 2017

Faastwalker wrote:
21 Nov 2017
I only bought the upgrade a couple of weeks back. So it's very good of the Props to offer a $30 voucher for early adopters following the upgrade discount. But when all is said & done why didn't they just release the upgrade for $99 & save all the hassle?! I think I'm correcting in saying this is the first time an Reason upgrade has EVER been discounted. What does this tell us?! Are people not buying the upgrade so Props are going for some extra, Black Friday incentive?
It's not the first time an upgrade has been on sale. It is a limited time sale in conjunction with Black Friday, so releasing it at this price wouldn't make much sense. I don't think a few days incentive says much of anything other than trying to take advantage of Black Friday. Not many people buy anything not on sale during this time, so it is just a wise move.

AttenuationHz

21 Nov 2017

When is the discounted offer valid till. I'd rather get ozone advanced tbh if there will be discounts on the iZotope site! if not the €299 offer props are doing is still a decent discount.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Catblack

21 Nov 2017

I am a little disappointed because I didn't read the fine print and see it was only for Propellerhead's products in the shop. Here I was looking at other developer's REs and thinking how great it was that Propellerhead was going to kick some cash to them. I know, that makes no sense when I think about it now.

Not much I've ever been interested in from Propellerhead's REs, but if anyone out there isn't going to use their voucher code, please consider PMing it to me. Maybe I can get a whole set of A-List REs this week. ;)
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

am0eba

21 Nov 2017

Was happy to see the voucher in my email... Ran to the shop to pick up $30 worth of utility Rack Extensions... Turns out it is not valid for anything but p-heads own products... Annoyed... C'mon guys, what's the point? You obviously set this up to avoid bad reactions from your users, yet limit it so that we are required to spend money to use it... Just generally poor form... And now the bad reactions you were hoping to avoid... If you had not sent me the voucher, I wouldn't have noticed that Reason 10 was discounted, and I would have been blissfully ignorant. Now I just rant...

#NotMyFather'sP-Heads

_Dave_
:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

AttenuationHz

21 Nov 2017

Its going to be chilli out this winter

ImageImage

MirEko

21 Nov 2017

I get the code, I try and finally buy the Parsec 2.0 upgrade,
Promo code not valid for upgrades!!!!

GG Propellerheads!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

WongoTheSane

21 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
21 Nov 2017

ImageImage
Did you try? I tried the ignition key but the voucher won't work for that...

MirEko

21 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
21 Nov 2017

ImageImage
Code is not valid on accessories

antic604

21 Nov 2017

LOL at some of the comments! :D

Got myself Parsec for EUR39 <3

sublunar

21 Nov 2017

Got my voucher, happily spent it. If anyone doesn't want theirs, I'll take it. :thumbs_up:

joeyluck

21 Nov 2017

am0eba wrote:
21 Nov 2017
Was happy to see the voucher in my email... Ran to the shop to pick up $30 worth of utility Rack Extensions... Turns out it is not valid for anything but p-heads own products... Annoyed... C'mon guys, what's the point? You obviously set this up to avoid bad reactions from your users, yet limit it so that we are required to spend money to use it... Just generally poor form... And now the bad reactions you were hoping to avoid... If you had not sent me the voucher, I wouldn't have noticed that Reason 10 was discounted, and I would have been blissfully ignorant. Now I just rant...

#NotMyFather'sP-Heads

_Dave_
Haha. Well Reason is a Propellerhead product, so it makes sense.
If you bought the upgrade before the sale, you paid $129. It's currently on sale for $99. The difference...wait for it...is $30. And that difference is money directly associated with the pockets of Propellerhead. If the voucher was good for any product in the shop, they would either be giving away other developers' products with no pay or paying the developers for your voucher. And that would be bad business either way. And there are plenty of Propellerhead things in the shop less than $30 or who wouldn't want to pay $9 for a $99 RE?

AttenuationHz

21 Nov 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
21 Nov 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
21 Nov 2017

ImageImage
Did you try? I tried the ignition key but the voucher won't work for that...
No didn't even buy reason 10 yet. Was waiting for the black Friday discounts. :D

MirEko

21 Nov 2017

antic604 wrote:
21 Nov 2017

Happy to give you a laugh!

I bought parsec for $99
Then the update came out for $39.

So you got a very good deal!

Because i cannot use the $30 voucher as an early adopter of Parsec 1, but you can because you didn't buy it..

I don't get it.

Kind of wish i never got this damn voucher in my email. Has put me in a shit house mood

AttenuationHz

21 Nov 2017

MirEko wrote:
21 Nov 2017
antic604 wrote:
21 Nov 2017

Happy to give you a laugh!

I bought parsec for $99
Then the update came out for $39.

So you got a very good deal!

Because i cannot use the $30 voucher as an early adopter of Parsec 1, but you can because you didn't buy it..

I don't get it.

Kind of wish i never got this damn voucher in my email. Has put me in a shit house mood
That is the stupidest thing Iv'e heard in a long time. Not valid for updates?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I own Parsec 1 and Parsec 2 is showing in the shop for €39 for me. Is the non update €69 on the bright side it is already discounted then no.

Faastwalker

21 Nov 2017

sublunar wrote:
21 Nov 2017
Got my voucher, happily spent it. If anyone doesn't want theirs, I'll take it. :thumbs_up:
You can have mine for $30 if you think it's so great ;)

Just had a look through the entirety of the Propellerhead products in the shop - there's nothing there I particularly want for any amount. I've got all the Propellerhead stuff I wanted already. Shame we can't use the voucher on anything in the shop but I understand why it's only Propellerhead products - they can't pull an upgrade cost sale less than a month after release & expect 3rd party developers to pick up the tab! But as it stands I'd rather have just saved $30 on the upgrade cost when I bought it a fortnight ago! :x

Should have waited! A Reason 10 upgrade promotion? That's a reason people are suggesting for the upgrade price sale? All it's promoting to me is NOT to buy anything from the Prop Shop at full price :? All these sales, discounts, special offer weekends are very good at enforcing this view. I can't remember the last time I paid full price for something in the Prop Shop .......... not including the Reason 10 upgrade! I question if it's good for business in the long run? I don't think it is but everyone loves a bargain ;)

• Information