Reason 10 early adopter voucher

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Faastwalker

22 Nov 2017

sublunar wrote:
22 Nov 2017
Faastwalker wrote:
21 Nov 2017

You can have mine for $30 if you think it's so great ;)
I PM'd you then realized you were joking. Meh. A $30 voucher from PH is better than not getting $30 voucher.
I wasn’t joking. You can buy it off me if like. Tell you what, since it’s Black Friday you can have it for $20 giving you a further $10 saving on your next Propellerhead product over the weekend. Lucky you.

I disagree that getting a $30 voucher is better than not getting one. Because what we should have got, as early adopters, is the Reason 10 upgrade for $99 at launch and not a month later. Ridiculous situation.

sublunar

22 Nov 2017

Faastwalker wrote:
22 Nov 2017
I wasn’t joking. You can buy it off me if like.
"Joking" as in you weren't giving it away. I merely skimmed over what you typed and my brain interpreted it as you not wanting it. If it's worthless to you, then you can give it away or spend it or let it be wasted. I'm not interested in buying it.
Faastwalker wrote:
22 Nov 2017
I disagree that getting a $30 voucher is better than not getting one. Because what we should have got, as early adopters, is the Reason 10 upgrade for $99 at launch and not a month later. Ridiculous situation.
What "should" we have gotten? Nothing. What did we get? $30 voucher. We were promised nothing and we're entitled to the same.

PH took it upon themselves to send a voucher out of goodwill. Had they not sent it out, there'd be people complaining. They sent it out yet people still gotta complain. Reason upgrade always costs 129. Except during black Friday. Then it's $99. It's a measly $30 difference. Such is life. Let it expire if that's what you wanna do. More money in their pocket if you do.

kuhliloach

22 Nov 2017

This thread shows yet another shining example of Propellerhead perfecting the art of bad business and frustrating customers. The gesture could have been easily accomplished, and very appreciated across the board without a single complaint, had it simply been implemented properly.

They probably should have let us spend the $30 on anything in the shop.

AttenuationHz

22 Nov 2017

Faastwalker wrote:
22 Nov 2017
sublunar wrote:
22 Nov 2017

I PM'd you then realized you were joking. Meh. A $30 voucher from PH is better than not getting $30 voucher.
I wasn’t joking. You can buy it off me if like. Tell you what, since it’s Black Friday you can have it for $20 giving you a further $10 saving on your next Propellerhead product over the weekend. Lucky you.

Is the voucher not unique to the account?
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

househoppin09

22 Nov 2017

supersplaron wrote:
22 Nov 2017
If you haven't received the voucher email, that's most probably because you're not subscribed to our offers and newsletters. Make sure that you are by ticking the box on the settings page in your account.

If you want the voucher, please get in touch with our sales support team here and they'll help you out: https://www.propellerheads.se/support/contact/
Contacted sales as suggested. Been 24 hours, no reply and still no sign of the voucher. And no, it's not in my spam folder. :|

Faastwalker

22 Nov 2017

sublunar wrote:
22 Nov 2017
Faastwalker wrote:
22 Nov 2017
I wasn’t joking. You can buy it off me if like.
"Joking" as in you weren't giving it away. I merely skimmed over what you typed and my brain interpreted it as you not wanting it. If it's worthless to you, then you can give it away or spend it or let it be wasted. I'm not interested in buying it.
$15, my final offer ;) I'd probably be as pleased as anyone if there was something I wanted without maybe having to add much on top. There isn't! Not a sausage unfortunately. I feel like I've been given a box of cigarettes when I don't smoke. That kind of feeling. Or that U2 album that turned up in iTunes that I didn't want. Thanks!
Faastwalker wrote:
22 Nov 2017

What "should" we have gotten? Nothing. What did we get? $30 voucher. We were promised nothing and we're entitled to the same.
I take your points. But a little respect from Propellerhead would have been nice. Launching a major update (according to Propellerhead), the BIG version 10 milestone (?!) ........ then putting it on sale less than a month later?! That's bullshit!
PH took it upon themselves to send a voucher out of goodwill. Had they not sent it out, there'd be people complaining. They sent it out yet people still gotta complain. Reason upgrade always costs 129. Except during black Friday. Then it's $99. It's a measly $30 difference. Such is life. Let it expire if that's what you wanna do. More money in their pocket if you do.
They took it upon themselves to create more headaches for themselves & their users is what they did. Not intentionally of course. But from my point of view I think it's a bit of a kick in the teeth for early adopters & loyal customers, with a $30 band aid to smooth other the damage. Also now they have to contend with disgruntled users, people that have not received their vouchers (have you looked in the trash?), vouchers that apparently don't work. How much better would it have been to launch Reason 10 with an intro price of $299 / Upgrade $99. Existing users get a cheaper upgrade path. New users might be tempted by the intro offer to come aboard. All this nonsense with vouchers completely negated. It's all been handled arse about face.

Is there usually a discount on the upgrade during Black Friday? I honestly don't recall. Maybe it's because Black Friday doesn't usually coincide so closely with a paid for upgrade.

FlowerSoldier

22 Nov 2017

I'm afraid the voucher thing left a bad taste in my mouth too.
I upgraded on day 1 to support the Props. There was a lot of skepticism about the quality of the upgrade around here, but I threw my hat into the ring because I'm a big fan of Reason.
I haven't received my voucher, but I checked the shop, and I already own all the Props products, with the exception of Layers.
Even if I do get my voucher, there is nothing for me to spend it on.
I feel like I've been fleeced for $30 because I'm a supportive customer. Oh well. It's just money.
The part that sucks is I will be leery about Props releases in the future.
I definitely won't be upgrading blindly anymore in good faith.
I'm disappointed in the way this was handled. That is all.

MonsterRadioMan

22 Nov 2017

My voucher finally worked. I'm not sure what happened, but today I tried it and it worked. I think what might have happened was when I first tried it, I tried to use it on VK-2, not realizing I could only use it on Propellerhead official RE's. I think it bugged the checkout or something. I don't know, it's hard to say. It worked today and I was able to get Polar.

Faastwalker

22 Nov 2017

FlowerSoldier wrote:
22 Nov 2017
This is the part I don't understand. The message it says to me is DO NOT upgrade early. DO NOT buy Reason when a new version is released. Wait for the sale, it might only be a short time off ........ Like less than a month!! It's always good to jump on board early, It's exciting to get a new Reason version & its also nice to feel like you are supporting the company you love & have been buying products from for close to two decades. But I was skint this month so had to wait a couple of weeks until pay day before I could afford the $185 (Aus) for the Reason 10 upgrade .......... then a sale a couple more weeks later! :o It's the last time I'll be purchasing a Reason upgrade so close to release I guess is what I will ultimately take away from this :|

MirEko

22 Nov 2017

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

joeyluck

22 Nov 2017

Faastwalker wrote:
22 Nov 2017
FlowerSoldier wrote:
22 Nov 2017
This is the part I don't understand. The message it says to me is DO NOT upgrade early. DO NOT buy Reason when a new version is released. Wait for the sale, it might only be a short time off ........ Like less than a month!! It's always good to jump on board early, It's exciting to get a new Reason version & its also nice to feel like you are supporting the company you love & have been buying products from for close to two decades. But I was skint this month so had to wait a couple of weeks until pay day before I could afford the $185 (Aus) for the Reason 10 upgrade .......... then a sale a couple more weeks later! :o It's the last time I'll be purchasing a Reason upgrade so close to release I guess is what I will ultimately take away from this :|
I have often been on the other side of sales. But very rarely (can't think of anytime ever for myself) that a developer offers me a voucher when the item I bought goes on sale.

The lesson I have learned is to simply buy things when I need them. If I'm getting use out of it, I'm not bothered by the sale that pops up after. The same goes for when folks start becoming anxious about when the next version will be released; holding off on upgrading late. Which is the same concept for me—I will buy something when I can put it to use and won't bother myself worrying about when the next version will be announced. I upgraded to R8 with 8.3 and R9 with 9.2.

I've also learned that most things will go on sale for "Black Friday" (which has become a week long, or in some cases, a month long sale). And that it is possible to see the Reason upgrade go on sale as it has been before (also for $99). It's certainly not desperation as others have suggested; it's just smart business. And when you're a business who doesn't place your items on sale during this time of year, you can expect people to spend their money elsewhere. Many plugin and other DAWs go on sale this time of year, it's not a surprise.

Faastwalker

22 Nov 2017

joeyluck wrote:
22 Nov 2017
I have often been on the other side of sales. But very rarely (can't think of anytime ever for myself) that a developer offers me a voucher when the item I bought goes on sale.
......... less than a month after launch! Propellerheads are obviously offering vouchers because they are fully aware of how this looks to early adopters. The email describes it like some sort of reward for being an early adopter. Presumably then the sale would be akin to penance for early adopters in the absence of a voucher?! If it went on sale like 6 months after launch, that's different. But less than a month? That's bullshit & the voucher makes it clear Propellerheads are fully aware of this. Otherwise why indeed would they offer a voucher at all?
The lesson I have learned is to simply buy things when I need them. If I'm getting use out of it, I'm not bothered by the sale that pops up after. The same goes for when folks start becoming anxious about when the next version will be released; holding off on upgrading late. Which is the same concept for me—I will buy something when I can put it to use and won't bother myself worrying about when the next version will be announced. I upgraded to R8 with 8.3 and R9 with 9.2.
Fair enough. But I'm sure most people around these parts get pretty excited by a new Reason version. Usually we can't wait to get our hands on it. Am I wrong? I don't think needs & wants come into it for a lot of us here. A new version is something to get excited about & jump on board with ASAP. That's why I personally feel a bit disenfranchised by the sale less than a month after launch.
I've also learned that most things will go on sale for "Black Friday" (which has become a week long, or in some cases, a month long sale). And that it is possible to see the Reason upgrade go on sale as it has been before (also for $99). It's certainly not desperation as others have suggested; it's just smart business. And when you're a business who doesn't place your items on sale during this time of year, you can expect people to spend their money elsewhere. Many plugin and other DAWs go on sale this time of year, it's not a surprise.
I've also learned that about Black Friday. So again, if a paid update or RE comes out ANYWHERE near Black Friday from now on I will wait. Even with Reason upgrades. I know we're only talking $30 here but it's the principal & precedence this sets. So to me it's not good business at all. To put things on sale for Black Friday? Certainly. But less than a month after launch. NO!

Propellerhead knew Black Friday was coming when they launched Reason 10. If it was planned to have Reason 10 on sale for this they should have done it at launch. THAT would have been good business. It would be a fantastic gift for existing users - they're giving us $30 back now anyway (albeit for a very limited use) so why not just launch at $99 for a limited time?! For new users Reason 10 could be very tempting with $100 off the full price. Propellerhead want to encourage new users. Surely the launch of 'the biggest ever update / REASON 10' would be the time to do this? Incidentally, anyone know what's happening with new users who would have paid $399 for Reason 10 only for it to be slashed to $299 a month later? Are they getting $100 vouchers?

AttenuationHz

22 Nov 2017

Faastwalker wrote:
22 Nov 2017
joeyluck wrote:
22 Nov 2017
......... less than a month after launch! Propellerheads are obviously offering vouchers because they are fully aware of how this looks to early adopters. The email describes it like some sort of reward for being an early adopter. Presumably then the sale would be akin to penance for early adopters in the absence of a voucher?! If it went on sale like 6 months after launch, that's different. But less than a month? That's bullshit & the voucher makes it clear Propellerheads are fully aware of this. Otherwise why indeed would they offer a voucher at all?
Fair enough. But I'm sure most people around these parts get pretty excited by a new Reason version. Usually we can't wait to get our hands on it. Am I wrong? I don't think needs & wants come into it for a lot of us here. A new version is something to get excited about & jump on board with ASAP. That's why I personally feel a bit disenfranchised by the sale less than a month after launch.
I've also learned that about Black Friday. So again, if a paid update or RE comes out ANYWHERE near Black Friday from now on I will wait. Even with Reason upgrades. I know we're only talking $30 here but it's the principal & precedence this sets. So to me it's not good business at all. To put things on sale for Black Friday? Certainly. But less than a month after launch. NO!

Propellerhead knew Black Friday was coming when they launched Reason 10. If it was planned to have Reason 10 on sale for this they should have done it at launch. THAT would have been good business. It would be a fantastic gift for existing users - they're giving us $30 back now anyway (albeit for a very limited use) so why not just launch at $99 for a limited time?! For new users Reason 10 could be very tempting with $100 off the full price. Propellerhead want to encourage new users. Surely the launch of 'the biggest ever update / REASON 10' would be the time to do this? Incidentally, anyone know what's happening with new users who would have paid $399 for Reason 10 only for it to be slashed to $299 a month later? Are they getting $100 vouchers?
You do make some good points especially for the new users €100 vouchers. But come on know you are going on a bit too much about it! Its 30 quid for Christ sake $30 you already spent. You could have demo'd it first and you did not so its really your fault not props! Did you even Beta? If not and you still didn't demo its down to you my friend.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Faastwalker

23 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
22 Nov 2017
You do make some good points especially for the new users €100 vouchers. But come on know you are going on a bit too much about it! Its 30 quid for Christ sake $30 you already spent. You could have demo'd it first and you did not so its really your fault not props! Did you even Beta? If not and you still didn't demo its down to you my friend.
Very true. I've certainly learned my lesson now ;) Yes, it is only $30 ($40 Aus) but it's the principal for me. It's a poor way to go about things and treat your current user base. And new users for that matter. Anyway, just my thoughts. I won't be buying another upgrade outside of a sale. That's what I'm taking from this. Now I'll move on & have fun in Reason 10. Thank you & goodnight ;)

PHBF175482605603

Soft Enerji

23 Nov 2017

I read through the first page of this and can't read anymore but I have to say I can't believe the amount of whining little batch we have on this forum! Seriously? Props offer a Black Friday discount and at the same time give those of us who upgraded early (or on time) the same amount as a voucher. It all becomes a conspiracy? Sales are shit? Spend more to get something else? Bleh Bleh Bleh! WTF?

I honestly couldn't give a shit if I hadn't been given a discount but hey Props gave me one! I don't do RE's as a rule. I have a few. I just bought another. I got Parsec for US$39.

Nice work Props!

Social Exodus

23 Nov 2017

Seemed easier to just get the Jason McGerr refill than to devise complicated schemes, get pissed off or otherwise complain about a freebie I got in a random email.

Actually, it sounds pretty darn good to me and it was free to me.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

Photoindra

23 Nov 2017

I got "Code is not valid" when I try to buy kHs Transient Shaper. Is that supposed to be like that and code is ONLY valid for RE MADE by PH? :) And what is the email for support in this case?

Adabler
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2017

Photoindra wrote:
23 Nov 2017
I got "Code is not valid" when I try to buy kHs Transient Shaper. Is that supposed to be like that and code is ONLY valid for RE MADE by PH? :) And what is the email for support in this case?
No need to contact support. It is only valid for PH-REs, as stated in the e-mail.
:reason: 12, Win10

friday

23 Nov 2017

Soft Enerji wrote:
23 Nov 2017
I read through the first page of this and can't read anymore but I have to say I can't believe the amount of whining little batch we have on this forum! Seriously? Props offer a Black Friday discount and at the same time give those of us who upgraded early (or on time) the same amount as a voucher. It all becomes a conspiracy? Sales are shit? Spend more to get something else? Bleh Bleh Bleh! WTF?

I honestly couldn't give a shit if I hadn't been given a discount but hey Props gave me one! I don't do RE's as a rule. I have a few. I just bought another. I got Parsec for US$39.

Nice work Props!
Nice one!

househoppin09

23 Nov 2017

Just an update to say that Props made it right and gave me my voucher. :thumbs_up: I'll pick up one of their lesser-known ReFills that I'd never be willing to spend money on otherwise. They also explained that the reason some of us didn't get the voucher is that we're not subscribed to the e-mail newsletter. You have to be subscribed to receive these kinds of offers, and that will continue to be true in the future. Good to know.

motuscott

23 Nov 2017

I kicked in $9 and got A List Acoustic Gitbox. Seems like an interesting tool.
That’s what she said
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

bsp

23 Nov 2017

I'm not using mine: PHBF176146316174

EdGrip

23 Nov 2017

This thread cheered me right up. I needed a laugh. :)

Resonator

23 Nov 2017

bsp wrote:
23 Nov 2017
I'm not using mine: PHBF176146316174
That was generous of you. Too bad I missed it.
Anyone else feeling generous today?

Resonator

23 Nov 2017

If anyone would like to donate their voucher, please send it to me in a PM.
Thanks in advance.

• Information