Black Friday sales have begun, including discounts on Reason 10

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Resonator

23 Nov 2017

Reasonable man wrote:
23 Nov 2017
Never did black friday before . Guys do you think there will be more Re's and VST reductions added to the propellerhaed site come tomorrow? Most of what i wanted have no reductions at all :evil:
I'm sure that is all since the countdown timer is ticking. If you haven't bought Viking VK-2, I highly recommend it.

Loque

23 Nov 2017

Reasonable man wrote:
23 Nov 2017
Never did black friday before . Guys do you think there will be more Re's and VST reductions added to the propellerhaed site come tomorrow? Most of what i wanted have no reductions at all :evil:
Some companies/devs join earlier, some later, prices may change due the sale in all directions.
Reason12, Win10

dustiraw

23 Nov 2017

EdGrip wrote:
23 Nov 2017
EdGrip wrote:
21 Nov 2017
...further to which,
I would love to hear fellow forumites' thoughts on Pump vs. Reasonistas SCRE. Pros, cons, etc.
Hello! I present some findings here, in case they are of use to anyone else.

Broadly speaking, Reasonistas Sidechain can do everything Pump can do - though not quite as quickly/simply, because it's a much more powerful and feature-packed device. Pump can't do a lot of what Sidechain can do. But with Pump you can very rapidly audition a lot of different sidechain-duck envelopes to find your favourite flavour.

I get the "computer too slow" message with a combinator containing
- 1 MegaSaur
and either
- roughly 85 instances of Reasonistas Sidechain with the basic "ducker" default patch
or
- roughly 125 instances of Pump with the default ducker patch

So Sidechain is getting on for half again as CPU hungry as Pump.

Edit: For comparison, it takes over 1,000 M-Class compressors working as simple inserts after the MegaSaur to stop the computer. So if it's sidechaining CPU efficiency you're after, just use the M-Class. Pump isn't a CPU-saving alternative.

Sidechain is certainly the more useful RE. If you're a proper producer who actually makes music (i.e not me), there's definite value in having both. Simplicity of Pump vs the power of Sidechain. 28 tokens gets you both right now.
I have to say Reaction can really be used just as easily as pump and although has more options its made so if you want to use it just as you would use pump (one band) you can. No need to purchase both as everything and more can be done with Reaction and I have to say the quality is also unparalleled in comparison to Pump. I actually gave Reaction the title of my monthly plugin of the month and an in-depth very detailed article/review will no doubt give you a full understanding of SCRE, how it works and why I favor it above any other extension and in reality above any other similar plugin. It will be posted either tonight or tomorrow on my site LearnSoundDSine.com I am not putting down pump in any way. Just because they are in the price range people may draw comparisons....SCRE actually should cost much more and its really a blessing its so affordable. I suggest you try both out and compare and contrast yourself. With a full understanding, I can almost guarantee you that SCRE would be your top choice as its a TRUE SIDECHAIN unit with a vast amount of CV options and routing configurations while pump can be used only to create the side-chain/pumping effect across the entire track and has no multi-band function and very limited in terms of customization. With that said Pump has no real grounds to be considered in the same ballpark just due to its small scope. Might be great but is really only meant for one purpose....Not the case with Reaction.
Dusti Miraglia
Sound D-Sine Music
https://LearnSoundDSine.com
Dusti@LearnSoundDsine.com
Check out the blog I run over at https://unison.audio/blog/ for extensive In-depth production related lessons and tutorials!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2017

Just bought Fritz. I think that'll be enough shopping for me actually.

EdGrip

23 Nov 2017

dustiraw wrote:
23 Nov 2017
I suggest you try both out and compare and contrast yourself.
I did. That's what my post was about.
dustiraw wrote:
23 Nov 2017
With a full understanding, I can almost guarantee you that SCRE would be your top choice as its a TRUE SIDECHAIN unit with a vast amount of CV options
Though I may not have a full understanding, that was pretty much my conclusion too.

You could put an AirRaid Audio Elements Splitter in a Combinator with some Pumps, save that combi, and you've got a multiband ducker.
If your aim is purely about sidechain-compression-style ducking/pumping of a sound out of the way of a kick or a snare, I'd say Pump is the better device.
Set the loop playing, and turn the shape knob to instantly audition various envelope shapes which are all variations on the theme of "ducking", from choppy/extreme to soft/subtle and all sorts of others in between. As immediate as turning the knob and listening to the result.
Best case scenario with ReAction to quickly try lots of different envelopes in the same way, is this: You, the user, make a load of full-band ducking-themed envelopes (there's 64 of them in Pump), all saved as different Reaction presets in their own folder, and keep clicking the "load next preset" button to audition them.
Pump's got 64 gate patterns in it too, but realistically Alligator is better for that.

But beyond sidechain-style ducking, ReAction is a really good (and well-priced) graphical envelope generator. Unlike Synchronous, it can be gate-triggered, not just free-running. The potential for evolving sounds in big mad Combinators is vast. Add that to the built-in band-splitting, and ReAction is at least $10 more useful than Pump. But I'd say Pump does its one trick a bit better.
I'm going to buy ReAction. For simple ducking I'll just keep using comps, for rhythmic gating we've got Alligator, and for interesting clever weird stuff, there's ReAction. :thumbs_up:

esselfortium

23 Nov 2017

Embertone has just launched a Black Friday sale with huge discounts on their Kontakt instruments. If you're in the market for expressive solo strings especially, check them out :puf_smile:
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

bsp

23 Nov 2017

joeyluck wrote:
21 Nov 2017
WongoTheSane wrote:
21 Nov 2017

Oh God I didn't know this guy. Watching all shorts at the moment. Hilarious!
I only just learned about it!
he's one of the "knower"s. great band!

clone

26 Nov 2017

Anyone know if the discount on reason 10 is permanent or just for a short time?

Electric-Metal

26 Nov 2017

clone wrote:
26 Nov 2017
The PH Shop site says "Offer ends in 1 day"
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

AttenuationHz

26 Nov 2017

clone wrote:
26 Nov 2017
:? :?

you will only get 6 months? :lol: :lol:

Its a perpetual license ends on tuesday morning at 9am UTC+1
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information