Why Reasontalk is Way better than emailing propellerheads

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
calebbrennan

21 Nov 2017

The collective of users here bring diverse opinions on how to solve a problem

Yet it is monitored by Reason experts who can help you navigate the issue.

The colective consciousness aspect of "online help" is better served in a grouping like this blog

rather than individual emails to Reason support.

that is my experiance

artotaku

21 Nov 2017

calebbrennan wrote:
21 Nov 2017
The collective of users here bring diverse opinions on how to solve a problem

Yet it is monitored by Reason experts who can help you navigate the issue.

The colective consciousness aspect of "online help" is better served in a grouping like this blog

rather than individual emails to Reason support.

that is my experiance
Sometimes I think that we are the (unpaid) 1st and 2nd level support crew of Propellerhead. And it works ;-) Mostly, because we are passionated Reasoners and feel good to help other Reasoners.

Psuper

21 Nov 2017

I dunno. The old props forum was teeming with good ideas and users, then props shut it down which was shocking to say the least, and for reasons I still don't understand till this day. Then I migrated to Reasonstation, then here.

I like it here and glad we can chat about our favorite daw, but doesn't mean props genuinely listen.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

avasopht
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2017

Psuper wrote:
21 Nov 2017
I dunno. The old props forum was teeming with good ideas and users, then props shut it down which was shocking to say the least, and for reasons I still don't understand till this day. Then I migrated to Reasonstation, then here.

I like it here and glad we can chat about our favorite daw, but doesn't mean props genuinely listen.
Shutting down the forum was the best thing they ever did for the community.

This is much better run with much better moderation.

Psuper

21 Nov 2017

avasopht wrote:
21 Nov 2017
Psuper wrote:
21 Nov 2017

I couldn't disagree more, it had a gigantic user base at a time propellerhead were growing leaps and bounds, and listening to their audience (at least on occasion it appeared they listened). When they shut it down left literally their entire base without a voice or place to convene.

Better moderation here? Sure that's true, but it's a paltry amount of users here compared those active and helpful on props platform forums.

SA Studio

22 Nov 2017

Psuper wrote:
21 Nov 2017
avasopht wrote:
21 Nov 2017

I couldn't disagree more, it had a gigantic user base at a time propellerhead were growing leaps and bounds, and listening to their audience (at least on occasion it appeared they listened). When they shut it down left literally their entire base without a voice or place to convene.

Better moderation here? Sure that's true, but it's a paltry amount of users here compared those active and helpful on props platform forums.
I agree. It's still bizarre they closed it.

As far as moderation here, I've seen adults get warned they could be facing moderation or a warning for editing their own post too many times. :shock:

I'll agree it's at least more actively moderated than the PUF. That part is nice, for sure. :essentials:

EnochLight

22 Nov 2017

Psuper wrote:
21 Nov 2017
I think the OP's point was that it's easier/faster to get "support" from other Reason users here than it is to contact actual support. We got him sorted in another thread where he had trouble getting Authorizer to launch (it was his browser) and authorize for offline use, and despite Propellerhead support telling him the same, his responses from them were a bit canned.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Marco Raaphorst

22 Nov 2017

Depends on the kind of support you need. If it is simple help, a forum will do. But if it's a problem, a bug, you must contact the Props for support or else Reason will never be improved.

ProfessaKaos

22 Nov 2017

[/quote]
Sometimes I think that we are the (unpaid) 1st and 2nd level support crew of Propellerhead. And it works ;-) Mostly, because we are passionated Reasoners and feel good to help other Reasoners.
[/quote]

Definitely, it is a beautiful thing to help others. :thumbs_up:
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

Gorgon

22 Nov 2017

avasopht wrote:
21 Nov 2017
Psuper wrote:
21 Nov 2017

Are you nuts? They should have assigned moderators there. Now they DESTROYED years of knowledge.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Oquasec

24 Nov 2017

You shouldn't email props unless you really got a good reason too tbh.
Anything else can stay on the forums.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

AttenuationHz

24 Nov 2017

Have to agree that it was a good thing that PUF's were closed. I was not very active on them myself because of my lack of Reason knowledge and was kind of intimidated to post because of the amount of "experts" on there. Now the "Experts" have their own forum and the Proper Experts have a separated forum :lol: :silent:

I think it was closed due to security reasons though iirc.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Psuper

25 Nov 2017

I don't know how anyone who was actually a part of that forum/community could say "Glad it closed!" with a straight face. Seriously.

There was no good reason it closed. Frankly I found any 'excuses' from Props as to why it was shut down to be exactly that - excuses -- and lame unrealistic ones at that.

Yes it got hacked, welcome to the internet. Yes there were idiots, welcome to the internet. Props, as usual, just got lazy or lacked the expertise or desire to hire the expertise to keep it running or hand it off. To just wipe it all out dead - bad job. There was a wealth of information tutorials, RNS files refils, just so much useful stuff to chain read for years, along with a crazy helpful userbase that is now completely lost.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have Reasontalk, but it's absolutely a drop in the bucket when comparing to the original Props forums. While there are some experts here, there were 100x more on the original forums, and more than willing to help.

AttenuationHz

25 Nov 2017

Psuper wrote:
25 Nov 2017
I don't know how anyone who was actually a part of that forum/community could say "Glad it closed!" with a straight face. Seriously.

There was no good reason it closed. Frankly I found any 'excuses' from Props as to why it was shut down to be exactly that - excuses -- and lame unrealistic ones at that.

Yes it got hacked, welcome to the internet. Yes there were idiots, welcome to the internet. Props, as usual, just got lazy or lacked the expertise or desire to hire the expertise to keep it running or hand it off. To just wipe it all out dead - bad job. There was a wealth of information tutorials, RNS files refils, just so much useful stuff to chain read for years, along with a crazy helpful userbase that is now completely lost.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have Reasontalk, but it's absolutely a drop in the bucket when comparing to the original Props forums. While there are some experts here, there were 100x more on the original forums, and more than willing to help.
Nobody said glad it closed :eh:
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information