Spider Audio Split/Merge wish...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
etyrnal2

20 Nov 2017

:idea: :idea: Anyone else here wish the Spider devices had special drag/drop autorouting capabilities? Even some very basic stuff, like, say if you drag a spider audio out of the browser, and drop it RIGHT ON an AUDIO OUT, it would automatically wire up to be splitter, or if alt, of control are held down, it would wire up as a merge... just to save time. I realize there are all sorts of situations where you'd have unpredictable scenarios, but still, a few predictable time saving assumptions would be awesome. :idea: :idea:
:reason: :record: :recycle: :re: :adapted: :ignition: :essentials: :refill: :rebirth:

AttenuationHz

20 Nov 2017

etyrnal2 wrote:
20 Nov 2017
:idea: :idea: Anyone else here wish the Spider devices had special drag/drop autorouting capabilities?
No!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Wickline

21 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
etyrnal2 wrote:
20 Nov 2017
:idea: :idea: Anyone else here wish the Spider devices had special drag/drop autorouting capabilities?
No!
Yes!

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

AttenuationHz

21 Nov 2017

Wickline wrote:
21 Nov 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
No!
Yes!

Lol

:puf_bigsmile:
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Loque

21 Nov 2017

The spiders do auto routing and i hate it. Its nearly impossible to know which CV should be used for auto routing, so "no thx".
Reason12, Win10

Wickline

21 Nov 2017

Loque wrote:The spiders do auto routing and i hate it. Its nearly impossible to know which CV should be used for auto routing, so "no thx".
How? I’ve never had a spider auto route anything.

Loque

21 Nov 2017

Wickline wrote:
21 Nov 2017
Loque wrote:The spiders do auto routing and i hate it. Its nearly impossible to know which CV should be used for auto routing, so "no thx".
How? I’ve never had a spider auto route anything.

AFAIR it routes to gate and note CV, but nor sure. I drag it always with "shift" into the rack.
Reason12, Win10

Wickline

21 Nov 2017

Hmmm... if I right click on a device and do it that way it doesn’t connect. I’ll try dragging it.

scratchnsnifff

21 Nov 2017

One person is talking about the spider cv merger splitter that has the ability to auto connect to an instruments gate/cv sockets, where as the op is talking about the spider audio merger splitter that does not auto route to anything. Iv been right clicking sockets and doing wiring like that if I remember which place to put it
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Wickline

21 Nov 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:One person is talking about the spider cv merger splitter that has the ability to auto connect to an instruments gate/cv sockets, where as the op is talking about the spider audio merger splitter that does not auto route to anything. Iv been right clicking sockets and doing wiring like that if I remember which place to put it
Aaaaah good catch. I completely missed that. Was losing my mind trying to get it to connect hahaha

Loque

21 Nov 2017

Wickline wrote:
21 Nov 2017
scratchnsnifff wrote:One person is talking about the spider cv merger splitter that has the ability to auto connect to an instruments gate/cv sockets, where as the op is talking about the spider audio merger splitter that does not auto route to anything. Iv been right clicking sockets and doing wiring like that if I remember which place to put it
Aaaaah good catch. I completely missed that. Was losing my mind trying to get it to connect hahaha

Sry :roll:
Reason12, Win10

etyrnal

21 Nov 2017

Clearly, you do not understand the greater power you would yield. Together, with Spiders, we can rule the world

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

etyrnal

21 Nov 2017

Exactly

etyrnal

21 Nov 2017

I've never experienced either of the spider in its autorouting anything all the way back since reason version 1

syncanonymous

21 Nov 2017

auto routing? no thanks
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

Wickline

21 Nov 2017

What I would actually love it to do is if I have anything (audio or cv) routed between to devices, is that if I drop it on the first device it automatically gets placed between them connection wise. I often use one mod wheel to control a whole bunch of devices. Every time I need to add a new spider i have to disconnect and route through it. Not a big thing but it would be nice.

etyrnal

21 Nov 2017

syncanonymous wrote:auto routing? no thanks
You just love to have as many extra clicks as possible? I don't understand why, if you know that you want to insert a spider audio splitter into an audio chain, why you would prefer to have to manually move the cables? If the end result is identical? You're just trying to wear out your mouse?

AttenuationHz

21 Nov 2017

I also hate the way cv/note auto routes that and a matrix auto routing to a Kong triggers me every time :x Think the safe bet for them auto routing would be a config for it! Unless anyone knows how to inject code into the defaults files?

Most use scenario for me with a spider is using one on a kick for sidechain. It would fall into the customization category which is overdue to be added imo. Device defaults! Ability to save your own init patches e.g. for a Kong I would constantly use the NN-Nano on every pad well at least pads 1-8 saving a default patch for this is easy but you don't have the ability to load that default on initialising which would be amazing for a quick start on drum hits. All of which would be easy to configure in a text file with the proper editing!

I know a template song would do or a combi patch or even a Kong patch drag and drop, but I start with a blank canvas and its a routine at this stage. How easy would it be to save your own default patches and tell reason to load defaults from this folder! Its a few extra steps as is and would be a massive help for workflow if you had the ability to load your own defaults.

Another thing I would gladly change if I could is the default wobble (52 to 0) on the Echo module on a Kong. Again these have to be configured for reason to load them so the text file exists within the Reason application. There is no way currently to change those values or to save it even if you had custom default init's. I'm sure there are lots of other defaults you would change if you could. Like the mod slots on Europa/Grain I would change all of these to none in that blank canvas style I'm used to. But probably other devices such as RE's eXpance default mod slots or fx section settings etc...

Sorry about that, it turned into a feature request my hate for CV auto routing. Productive hate! :lol: :x

I'd probably edit the default for Matrix also, that 16th pattern default :x but also on ReDrum I would default the pattern for drum 1 to a 4/4 beat Propulsion probably the same. If I think of it I probably spend about 10 minutes or more setting this stuff up to get an intro for a track.

Rant done....

O1B

21 Nov 2017

Front Facing Controls wouldn't be so bad for me. Id welcome it.
Spider Audio: Gain (-/Flat/+ - specifically for side-chaining), RE-routing
Spider CV - Amount - for all CV locations

pain to keep flipping while trying to fine-adjust CV amount - or loading a comp just to add gain to audio.

that is all.

one more thing.... the damn on/off switches on the back dont work.

Loque

21 Nov 2017

O1B wrote:
21 Nov 2017
Front Facing Controls wouldn't be so bad for me. Id welcome it.
Spider Audio: Gain (-/Flat/+ - specifically for side-chaining), RE-routing
Spider CV - Amount - for all CV locations

pain to keep flipping while trying to fine-adjust CV amount - or loading a comp just to add gain to audio.

that is all.

one more thing.... the damn on/off switches on the back dont work.
Lolth and Miranda and those similar devices do the job pretty good. And there are several new and old free devices to use for those cases...
Reason12, Win10

O1B

22 Nov 2017

Yep! Got those. Long Time. Just a suggestion for the Spiders, as well. Can't hurt?

Could Help.
REs.. take Resources.
Loque wrote:
21 Nov 2017

Lolth and Miranda and those similar devices do the job pretty good. And there are several new and old free devices to use for those cases...
Beautiful REs, btw.

Externally controllable outs Connect per-Channel LFO inputs to trigger Channel output using a gate signal and/or modulate the output levels

Master Gain: allows you to control all sixteen output levels at once
- x2 to boost Thor CV output to full range
Four separate CV merger channels: Four channels each with four alphabetically-named splitter sub-channels All merges are independently adjustable for both level and signal inversion
CV Delay The output of each Channel group can be tempo-sync delayed to easily provide offset signals

syncanonymous

25 Nov 2017

etyrnal wrote:
21 Nov 2017
syncanonymous wrote:auto routing? no thanks
You just love to have as many extra clicks as possible? I don't understand why, if you know that you want to insert a spider audio splitter into an audio chain, why you would prefer to have to manually move the cables? If the end result is identical? You're just trying to wear out your mouse?

I probably use auto-routing 15% of the time. It takes longer and more mouse clicks to route the way I want rather than Reason’s guessing what I want. More drop downs and a verification? no thanks :-) If it worked as I imagine when I add a spider, that would be an improvement, yes. That said my routing on the fly is not always by set rules...I don’t expect Reason to be able to read my mind ;-)

There are many other improvements for work flow I’d prioritise over smarter auto routing. ...2 cents...
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

etyrnal2

13 Sep 2018

Loque wrote:
21 Nov 2017
The spiders do auto routing and i hate it. Its nearly impossible to know which CV should be used for auto routing, so "no thx".
i've never once experienced either audio or cv spiders autorouting. and i use them constantly
:reason: :record: :recycle: :re: :adapted: :ignition: :essentials: :refill: :rebirth:

etyrnal2

13 Sep 2018

syncanonymous wrote:
25 Nov 2017
etyrnal wrote:
21 Nov 2017

I probably use auto-routing 15% of the time. It takes longer and more mouse clicks to route the way I want rather than Reason’s guessing what I want. More drop downs and a verification? no thanks :-) If it worked as I imagine when I add a spider, that would be an improvement, yes. That said my routing on the fly is not always by set rules...I don’t expect Reason to be able to read my mind ;-)

There are many other improvements for work flow I’d prioritise over smarter auto routing. ...2 cents...

it cAN read your mind.

There are only TWO possible intended assumptions... 1.) your trying to merge, 2.) you're trying to split

So, if it were dragged/dropped onto an existing, routed cable, it would either insert as SPLIT, or MERGE.

Holding down an additional modifier could create this function easily.

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

13 Sep 2018

I wish multiple cables could simply be routed to/from from a single jack, with a scale “knob” accessible by alt-dragging on the cable or jack.

• Information