Microtones in Reason 10 ???

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Ahornberg

19 Nov 2017

I watched this

but no further explanation of this "instruments that are microtone..."

dana

19 Nov 2017

Modify the kbd parameter on any synth, it becomes microtonal. Or use the microtonal rack extension

Ahornberg

19 Nov 2017

dana wrote:
19 Nov 2017
Modify the kbd parameter on any synth, it becomes microtonal. Or use the microtonal rack extension
Yes, I know that ... but the kbd-parameter is there since Thor and NN-XT ... nothing really new in Reason 10 except that Europa and Grain both have this kbd-parameter too, all other new devices (Pangea, Humana, Klang) do not.

By watching this video clip I would expect the ability to load tuning files in Reason's preferences (in the way I can load tuning files in VSTs like Diva, Serum, Absynth, Kontakt and many others).

sdst
Competition Winner

19 Nov 2017

usually propellerhead makes excellent videos,

but this video was really bad

and the CV8X4 CV can do Microtones

Ahornberg

19 Nov 2017

For playing microtonal in Reason I developed my own special system, including a remotemap driven by the CV8X4 CV viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7501726&hilit=micro

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Apr 2019

🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

WongoTheSane

21 Apr 2019

Just a guess: some of the instruments in Pangea and Klang are microtonal by nature (OK, more like "not tuned to our western model", but "microtonal" is easier to understand in the context of a fast moving vid), like the kalimba or the angklung, , so the sentence "we added microtonal instruments to Reason" is true in the sense that there are in Reason, even though playing them with microtonal scales does require additional patching (like your own system, which Ryan might have had in mind when he wrote that sentence). It goes like "more microtonal instruments, and atonal ones", so I think it refers to Klang/Pangea being available, not having the ability to import microscales.

• Information