Should i sell my Reason 9.5 Licence...?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
pummelfee

17 Nov 2017

It's a fact that i have as much as no time for serious music production and i guess this will not change the next few years.
So i consider to sell my Reason 9(.5) to someone who could use it better.
What do you think? When i look in eBay, no one seems to sell it so i am a bit confused.

Or should i keep it...?

Any advice is helpful.

PS: The main question here is, is it worth the efford to sell my copy of Reason... ;-)

Oquasec

17 Nov 2017

If you want to sell or give away your reason license you'd need to use kvr for that. Kinda like how if you wanna get rid of fl studio you basically do the same thing if ya got the code, regkey box etc. Which basically means selling or giving away your previous profile in the process if it's not a boxed version.

I did the same when I decided I no longer needed Studio One, Reaktor & fl studio to produce music and kept it simple with just Reason and it's sdk version and Ableton with it's max for live and clip-launching abilities.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

sublunar

17 Nov 2017

Oquasec wrote:
17 Nov 2017
If you want to sell or give away your reason license you'd need to use kvr for that.
..why exactly would OP "need to use kvr"?

I am here because of buying a copy of Reason 6 on ebay. Curious why you're telling them they need to use something they don't need to use.
pummelfee wrote:
17 Nov 2017
When i look in eBay, no one seems to sell it so i am a bit confused.
All that means is none are for sale at the moment.
pummelfee wrote:
17 Nov 2017
So i consider to sell my Reason 9(.5) to someone who could use it better.
It's worth a typical percentage of a used item on ebay. If you want money and don't want Reason then you can easily make it happen as long as you understand the propellerhead license transfer rules.

moneykube

17 Nov 2017

:roll: :roll: :roll: and reason fell from the sky for all happy users... "the grinch's heart has grown and grown... "
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

vondersulzburg

17 Nov 2017

Never, I am just making music for fun and never had more than 10 likes. But sometimes just to relax if you are too tired to read a book or on a long distance flight it helps you to spend your time.

And now my 9 year old son records with reason his first piano songs and adds drums and synth.

Michael
MacBook Air 512GB SSD 16GB RAM, Reason 11 Suite, LogicProX, FL-Studio, Live10Suite

Oquasec

17 Nov 2017

I make music just because it's a videogame. I like daws more than most videogames. Drumpads & pianos.
Reason & Ableton live are favorites so far since they work pretty much exactly how I want them too.

Surprisingly enough, slicex wasn't doin shit for me and fl studio in general was a mess workflow wise.
He should use Kvr because there will actually be many people there to show the license off to.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

• Information