What do the various abbreviations in the name of the samples in the new Drum Supply mean?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
manisnotabird

15 Nov 2017

E.g. "Bd_dt_fickle.wav"? Obviously, "Bd" stands for bass drum, and "fickle" is just the name of this particular sample, but there are lots of "Bd_dt_..." drums. "Down-tempo" maybe? But then what's "dtr" or "ip"? Think it would help me find the right sample faster if I had some idea of what these abbreviations meant.

dioxide

21 Dec 2017

Skybot wrote:
21 Dec 2017
That interest me too.
I thought these are maybe the initials from the respective sound designer. :?

Who are the sound designers behind the samples from the drum and loop supply?
I'm starting to think it's stupid to do this kind of patch naming with the sound designer's name in the patch name. Being credited in the manual should be enough really. I don't see any hardware manufacturers adding people's initials to their patch names.

scratchnsnifff

21 Dec 2017

I know for a fact sample magic made the new loop/drum supply. As for the names, I could make a guess that some initials (if not sound designer initials) could be referring to hardware. They use a lot of hardware synths and modular setups to make a decent amount of their content
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

manisnotabird

15 Feb 2018

Skybot wrote:
21 Dec 2017
Ok it seems that Propellerhead recycled for the Loop & Drum Supply some old Sample Magic stuff and these abbreviations stands for the respective product the samples where taken from.

ip = indie pop
fp = future pop
cw3 = chillwave 3
sw2 = synthwave 2
ut = upbeat trap
edb = eclectic d&b
ge = golden era
oe = organic electronic
ny = nyc tech house
etc.

:roll:
lay = ????
vth = vinyl/tape hits, i think
ny = new york deep house and also new york tech house
rt = raw techno, maybe?
ts = ???
dhs = deep house samples???
dh = deep house???
ap = african percussion
lp = latin percussion
sm_tp = sample magic tribal percussion?
th = tech house?
dtr = ???
dbh = ???
brfx = big room fx

madmacman

17 Feb 2018

dioxide wrote:
21 Dec 2017
I don't see any hardware manufacturers adding people's initials to their patch names.
At least Waldorf has them in their factory bank for the Blofeld - and they did it 10 years ago.

tobypearce

03 Feb 2019

I've often wondered whether these are the full packs, or some kind of curation of the samples from the original packs. I have a couple of Sample Magic Packs but none of them seem to feature in the Loops Supply.

The naming convention looks just the same though - definitely a Sample Magic thing.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

• Information