Reason 10 upgrade or Gadget

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
samp

15 Nov 2017

Just when i was ready to upgrade from 9.5 to 10 Korg announces 3 new instruments for Gadget and special pricing of Gadget osx for $149. So now the question is purchase Gadget and get a ton more instrument and fx vsts or buy the reason 10 update $199 for Grain and Europa and updated soundbank??? Any opinions? thanks

MannequinRaces

15 Nov 2017

Personally I think Gadget is overpriced even at $149. I'd definitely go for R10. Your choice of course! I have Gadget for iOS but don't really see the appeal of it being on the Mac (I might be in the minority for my opinion on this... ).

Aosta

15 Nov 2017

samp wrote:
15 Nov 2017
Just when i was ready to upgrade from 9.5 to 10 Korg announces 3 new instruments for Gadget and special pricing of Gadget osx for $149. So now the question is purchase Gadget and get a ton more instrument and fx vsts or buy the reason 10 update $199 for Grain and Europa and updated soundbank??? Any opinions? thanks
depends how mobile you are.
Gadget is brilliant if you are spending time travelling, sitting around or even on the couch. The Gadgets are excellent especially the drum machines. You can bounce out the tracks to Dropbox and load them straight into Reason.
I use Gadget on both my ipad and ipod, it's a great portable music creation app.

Grain and Europa are not going anywhere.
Tend the flame

samp

15 Nov 2017

thanks for the replies. I would really only get gadget to use the gadgets as vsts in Reason.

MannequinRaces

19 Nov 2017

samp wrote:
15 Nov 2017
thanks for the replies. I would really only get gadget to use the gadgets as vsts in Reason.
I just got around to looking at what they've added recently and yes... that is tempting at $150. Don't think the VSTs can be resized and I'm wondering how large they are on the screen. I have Gadget for iOS but not Mac.

• Information