R10 automation problem, also general synth Q

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mhertert

12 Nov 2017

Hi friends!

Working in R10 after years in R6 and am having an automation problem I can't figure out despite a number of online searches.

I added a Scream 4 to Grain and want to automate the Scream's scale knob, but the right-click pulldown menu "create automation channel" feature seems to be absent. I've tried a few different things and at this point am wondering if I can't automate something like this anymore. Any help would be much appreciated.

Second more conceptual question: I've been trying to learn more about music and the tools after putzing around for a decade. Am I right in thinking that any single sound could eventually be altered into any other sound with enough waveform changes? With the right combination of synthesizers and options?

Thanks in advance, all.

Matthew

Bes
Competition Winner

12 Nov 2017

hold down the alt key on your keyboard and select the desired parameter (in this case the scream scale knob) with your mouse
- Certified Reason expert

antic604

12 Nov 2017

mhertert wrote:
12 Nov 2017
I added a Scream 4 to Grain and want to automate the Scream's scale knob, but the right-click pulldown menu "create automation channel" feature seems to be absent. I've tried a few different things and at this point am wondering if I can't automate something like this anymore. Any help would be much appreciated.
Can you post a screenshot? I just tried doing that inserting Scream after the Grain or as an Insert and in both cases I had the "Edit Automation" option when I right-clicked on the Scale knob.

mhertert

12 Nov 2017

Thanks, Bes - this did it!

• Information