Reason 10 still won't authorize but I love the upgrade

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Electric-Metal

16 Nov 2017

EnochLight wrote:
16 Nov 2017
Since you're on Windows 7, maybe you can get him sorted? Can you think of anything that we've missed in this thread?
I've followed the whole thread from the start and I'm really sorry, but I have no freakin clue what's going wrong here. :(
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

calebbrennan

16 Nov 2017

I tried using firefox again and I made some progress when I typed in phrem:version?1 a dialog opened up asking me to associate with authorizer as a red button in the dialogue box. I choose Authorizer in red and it opens up a window that says "you have no rack extensions installed"

calebbrennan

16 Nov 2017

Does that tell us anything? I know I have no RE's installed but why does it default to that instead of authorizing?

EnochLight

16 Nov 2017

calebbrennan wrote:
16 Nov 2017
Does that tell us anything? I know I have no RE's installed but why does it default to that instead of authorizing?
This is fantastic progress, actually - Firefox is at least able to call up Authorizer! Now, go to your Props account in Firefox as shown in my video earlier, go to your manage license and now authorize the computer. It should call up Authorizer and install the offline license onto your system.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

calebbrennan

16 Nov 2017

Great to hear!!!!
I'm at work now will get home at 8 and willl try it first thing and report back

WillyOD

17 Nov 2017

Use another browser. Edge / Firefox / Chrome. One of them should run Authorizer properly.
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

calebbrennan

17 Nov 2017

I've isolate the problem to the code meter

I installed it directly from link from propellerhead rep suppurt on my issue

It installs but does not have a basket ot container ( whatever that means?

I tried installing it again and windowns wants to "repair" it

Using firefox because chrome ain't working for this issue

The 30 second mark of Enochs Video help,.... is where mine fails

Under "My products" I see Reason 10 and under details I see my reg code that I am fully register

So I go to "Manage Licence"

And I still get that spinning wheel

WillyOD

17 Nov 2017

I'm sorry to repeat myself, but have you tried authorization through Internet Explorer or Edge?

Then....
- Login to your Props account
- Applications->Authorize
- Rack Extensions->Sync All

If everything works, your browser should open Authorizer.exe which does the actual authorization.

I had this problem once (with both Firefox or Chrome) and nothing else helped other than running the License Sync/Auth through Microsoft's Edge web browser.
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

EnochLight

17 Nov 2017

There has to be a larger underlying problem for calebbrennan. If he has a "new" Windows 7 (64-bit) computer build, freshly installed 64-bit browsers, freshly installed 64-bit Reason, and a freshly installed 32-bit Codemeter - there should be absolutely no reason why the script shouldn't launch the Authorizer app and get him going. There are literally no other moving parts that I know of.

@calebbrennan: might be time to consider reformatting your HDD and reinstalling your OS? Maybe something went wrong during your last build? Have you checked your Services to see if something is set to manual instead of automatic?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

calebbrennan

17 Nov 2017

Thanks for trying to help, sorry for being a pain, I'm just frustrated.

Loque

17 Nov 2017

calebbrennan wrote:
17 Nov 2017
You can be sure the ppl here try to help, but jack assing is not a good idea.

Please post a picture of your services of Authorizer and post a picture of your authorized computer from the web (be sure no serial can be seen). THAN we look further.
Reason12, Win10

stratatonic

17 Nov 2017

calebbrennan wrote:
17 Nov 2017
Don't worry about it. It IS FUCKING frustrating when you just want to use the software you paid good money for, and the install puts you in never ending loops..

I had a similar clusterfuck a while back. Try deleting Authorizer/Codemeter and just load up Reason and log in.. IIRC, Reason then installed everything else. I had to use a different browser as well - sorry, I can't remember the exact one when going on their site. Hope this helps. :)

Good luck.

calebbrennan

17 Nov 2017

Forgive me being a moron but I tried to post screenshots before and was unable to do it
I saved the image as a jpeg and I went into full editor and preview mode press the picture icon and I see the parentheses and the IMG thing but how do I get the picture to post

EnochLight

18 Nov 2017

calebbrennan wrote:
17 Nov 2017
Forgive me being a moron but I tried to post screenshots before and was unable to do it
I saved the image as a jpeg and I went into full editor and preview mode press the picture icon and I see the parentheses and the IMG thing but how do I get the picture to post
Do this (also, try utilizing the "quote" button so people know who you are responding to....):

calebbrennan

18 Nov 2017

SUCESS!!!

I have sucessfully Authorized!!!

Big shout out to Enochlight for helping me through this with patience and good will. I love you man

I may not be an idiot I just learn at a slower pace.

THANK YOU

calebbrennan

18 Nov 2017

EnochLight wrote:
17 Nov 2017
There has to be a larger underlying problem for calebbrennan. If he has a "new" Windows 7 (64-bit) computer build, freshly installed 64-bit browsers, freshly installed 64-bit Reason, and a freshly installed 32-bit Codemeter - there should be absolutely no reason why the script shouldn't launch the Authorizer app and get him going. There are literally no other moving parts that I know of.

@calebbrennan: might be time to consider reformatting your HDD and reinstalling your OS? Maybe something went wrong during your last build? Have you checked your Services to see if something is set to manual instead of automatic?
--------------------------------------------------------------
It was learning how to post a screen shots on this blog that made me see the bug.

I was screen capturing my every move to authorize so I could post it and show Enoch for feedback

As I suspected all along it was "user error" I failed to see an " AVG free" in Programs and Features

because there was no Icon on my desktop screaming AVG.

It was the elephant in the roon, but it was invisible to me because i thouhgt my only anitvirus installed was malewarebytes

EnochLight

18 Nov 2017

calebbrennan wrote:
18 Nov 2017
SUCESS!!!

I have sucessfully Authorized!!!

Big shout out to Enochlight for helping me through this with patience and good will. I love you man

I may not be an idiot I just learn at a slower pace.

THANK YOU
Well congrats! Glad you got sorted!
calebbrennan wrote:
18 Nov 2017
As I suspected all along it was "user error" I failed to see an " AVG free" in Programs and Features

because there was no Icon on my desktop screaming AVG.

It was the elephant in the roon, but it was invisible to me because i thouhgt my only anitvirus installed was malewarebytes
Yeah, 3rd party antivirus software almost always causes issues unless you create an exception. AVG is horribly popular for reeking havoc on systems with things like this. It can also be pretty resource hungry, so fair warning.

Anyway, glad you got things working. Enjoy!

*EDIT: maybe update your original thread title with [[SOLVED]] in the title, so those having similar issues may find the solution easier here.

• Information