What Will 'Black Friday' Bring?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EnochLight

14 Nov 2017

esselfortium wrote:
14 Nov 2017
Hmmm. Did you go to the "Registrierung" page and fill everything out?
So, I was able to register an account, activate it, and I even was issued a personalized activation code. Unfortunately, when I click the link to download the software, I get the same error as demonstrated above. :( :twisted: :evil: Oh well....
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

14 Nov 2017

Anyone got the "Drummic.a" installer available that they can share?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

kitekrazy

14 Nov 2017

esselfortium wrote:
14 Nov 2017
EnochLight wrote:
14 Nov 2017
I'm not thrilled about their Komplete and/or Kontakt full versions, though. I thought they'd be offering a better deal. Maybe next week, though..
Is NI is discounting upgrades from Kontakt Player to the Kontakt full version? If so, you can install and register the free "Drummic.a" library and crossgrade from that to save a lot of money. During a sale earlier this year, it was possible to purchase the full version of Kontakt 5 for $125 using this crossgrade.
I have K10U and gonna pass on this. I doubt I could tell you what is in it other than the synths. It's a lot of bloat. The two things I use are Massive and Kontakt. Since Reason is new at VSTs there's potential for a lot of issues. I still like REs and bought The Legend at $49. So if anything I may buy REs. I have enough VSTs. I'm hoping for a sale on Polymodular System I.

hurricane
Competition Winner

14 Nov 2017

kitekrazy wrote:
14 Nov 2017

I have K10U and gonna pass on this. I doubt I could tell you what is in it other than the synths. It's a lot of bloat.
Then why did you buy it in the first place? (Or did you actually buy it? Because if you did it sounds like you wasted your money.)

The cinematic instruments are crazy good. Action Strikes, Rise & Hit, Damage, and the Evolve collection are as impressive as any cinematic percussion libraries out there. It also has a ton of pianos, with Una Corda, the Giant and Alicia Keys - leading the way. Then there's the Lexicon 224 and 480 emulations which sound fantastic. Acoustic Strummer has people believing I play guitar. What about Reaktor and all of it's amazing synths, like Monark and Razor, Rounds, and Kontour. And hello Guitar Rig. And then the Massive, Absynth and FM8 synth classics. Polyplex is one of the best sounding drum instruments I've ever heard. The Scarbee basses are insanely good, as are the Abbey Road drums. And don't forget about one of the best delays on the market, Replika XT.

One man's bloat is another man's treasure.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Karim
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2017

kitekrazy wrote:
08 Nov 2017
Too bad there is no deal in upgrade pricing. That would make it easier for me.
NO? I'm hoping on that... So I will continue waitin' for R10.5 or 11 :roll: ? :|
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

demt

15 Nov 2017

Karim wrote:
15 Nov 2017
kitekrazy wrote:
08 Nov 2017
NO? I'm hoping on that... So I will continue waitin' for R10.5 or 11 :roll: ? :|
exactly
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Arrant
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2017

Karim wrote:
15 Nov 2017
kitekrazy wrote:
08 Nov 2017
As far as I'm aware Props have never done an update discount for Black Friday, only discounts on REs.
Given R10 is so new as well I think any update discount is highly highly unlikely.

EnochLight

15 Nov 2017

I can absolutely guarantee you that Props won't offer a discount during Black Friday for R10 upgrades. If they do, it would be a historical first.

kitekrazy

15 Nov 2017

EnochLight wrote:
15 Nov 2017
I can absolutely guarantee you that Props won't offer a discount during Black Friday for R10 upgrades. If they do, it would be a historical first.
Developers usually leave it up to vendors to offer a discount. Usually they don't under cut their vendors. You can get it at 15% off JrrShop.

EnochLight

15 Nov 2017

EnochLight wrote:
14 Nov 2017
esselfortium wrote:
14 Nov 2017
Hmmm. Did you go to the "Registrierung" page and fill everything out?
So, I was able to register an account, activate it, and I even was issued a personalized activation code. Unfortunately, when I click the link to download the software, I get the same error as demonstrated above. :( :twisted: :evil: Oh well....
EnochLight wrote:
14 Nov 2017
A kind KVR user sent me the installer, so I was able to activate my serial finally. Picked up the cross-grade for full Kontakt 5 for just $125 USD! :cool: :) :D Just downloaded the +23 GB factory library - some good stuff in there. Some of the world instruments are top notch. Spent half an hour messing with the bagpipes and a zurna! :lol: :lol: :lol:

esselfortium

15 Nov 2017

EnochLight wrote:
15 Nov 2017
EnochLight wrote:
14 Nov 2017

EnochLight wrote:
14 Nov 2017
A kind KVR user sent me the installer, so I was able to activate my serial finally. Picked up the cross-grade for full Kontakt 5 for just $125 USD! :cool: :) :D Just downloaded the +23 GB factory library - some good stuff in there. Some of the world instruments are top notch. Spent half an hour messing with the bagpipes and a zurna! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Congratulations!

Personally I was pretty underwhelmed with Kontakt's included instruments, to be honest, but the free and inexpensive (and other) libraries that are available for it make the full version very worth having. (Especially for that price!)

Ivy Audio's Clare Solo and Carpenter Trombone are :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: for realistic solo vocals and trombone, both with true legato and both totally free. See also: Impact Soundworks' Stroh Violin, and Embertone's Ivory Wind and Intimate Strings Lite.

If you're willing to spend a few bucks, some of the Spitfire Labs instruments are gems and are available for like a $5 charity donation each. I can't vouch for all of them, but I own the Felt Piano, Permafrost Strings, Scary Strings, Plucked Grand Piano, and Henson's Frozen Strings, and they're all great. (There are, irritaitngly, no demos of them on their site, but you can usually find examples people have posted if you google around a bit.)

I'm still relatively new to the world of Kontakt instruments, but there's a lot of great stuff to explore even in the free-and-relatively-cheap price ranges.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

EnochLight

16 Nov 2017

esselfortium wrote:
15 Nov 2017
Congratulations!

Personally I was pretty underwhelmed with Kontakt's included instruments, to be honest, but the free and inexpensive (and other) libraries that are available for it make the full version very worth having. (Especially for that price!)

Ivy Audio's Clare Solo and Carpenter Trombone are :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: for realistic solo vocals and trombone, both with true legato and both totally free. See also: Impact Soundworks' Stroh Violin, and Embertone's Ivory Wind and Intimate Strings Lite.

If you're willing to spend a few bucks, some of the Spitfire Labs instruments are gems and are available for like a $5 charity donation each. I can't vouch for all of them, but I own the Felt Piano, Permafrost Strings, Scary Strings, Plucked Grand Piano, and Henson's Frozen Strings, and they're all great. (There are, irritaitngly, no demos of them on their site, but you can usually find examples people have posted if you google around a bit.)

I'm still relatively new to the world of Kontakt instruments, but there's a lot of great stuff to explore even in the free-and-relatively-cheap price ranges.
Thanks for the recommendations, Sarah! Currently downloading Ivy Audio's Clare Solo & the Stroh Violin, and some of the Spitfire stuff is sublime - especially for the pittance they're asking for them. These are great additions; cheers!

hurricane
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2017

So isn't this interesting? The guy from JRRshop mentions this tidbit about the Reason 10 upgrade, when talking about Black Friday deals :

"60% off some Sugar Bytes and 70% off Antares Mic Mod EFX are pretty nice. There will be some huge discounts (70% to 90%) coming up on iZotope, Acon, Boz, Image Line, Musiclab, Wave Arts, Waves, and Volko, plus a ton of sales around 50% off. Finally, there will be a sale on the Reason 10 Upgrade, it isn't huge but it's kind of amazing that they're even doing a sale on it at all."

from KVR
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Psuper

20 Nov 2017

I'm not seeing anything exciting nor deeply discounted for my tastes thus far in the audio world.

Wait and see I suppose.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

Arrant
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2017

Whaddaya know. 30 bucks discount on the upgrade. Color me wrong (and happy)

Catblack

21 Nov 2017

Looks like Propellerhead are giving a $30 shop voucher to those people who already upgraded. Way to go!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

AttenuationHz

21 Nov 2017

Catblack wrote:
21 Nov 2017
Looks like Propellerhead are giving a $30 shop voucher to those people who already upgraded. Way to go!
That is generous. iZotope elements products are $/€29. Upgrading to advanced iirc is $299 from elements ;) just waiting on them to reduce advanced It has to happen if props have the discount on their site that is cheaper than iZotope then I expect ozone advanced might be $/€244 there abouts
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

craven

21 Nov 2017

Catblack wrote:
21 Nov 2017
yeah, it's great, but only for Propellerhead products and their bundles are excluded. Too bad - still happy about the voucher, though.
:ugeek:

BananaSkins

21 Nov 2017

EnochLight wrote:
15 Nov 2017
I can absolutely guarantee you that Props won't offer a discount during Black Friday for R10 upgrades.
Please don't absolutely guarantee anything else again... ;)

AttenuationHz

21 Nov 2017

BananaSkins wrote:
21 Nov 2017
EnochLight wrote:
15 Nov 2017
I can absolutely guarantee you that Props won't offer a discount during Black Friday for R10 upgrades.
Well I say do because it would be the opposite!!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Faastwalker

21 Nov 2017

EnochLight wrote:
15 Nov 2017
It's an historical first! :o An now you can never guarantee anything else ever again :lol:

AttenuationHz

21 Nov 2017

I think an acknowledgement to the negativity surrounding announcement of Reason 10 is in order here!

EnochLight

21 Nov 2017

BananaSkins wrote:
21 Nov 2017
EnochLight wrote:
15 Nov 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
21 Nov 2017
Faastwalker wrote:
21 Nov 2017
It's an historical first! :o An now you can never guarantee anything else ever again :lol:
LOL! I'm very happy to be wrong, fellas! :lol: :lol: :lol:

AttenuationHz

21 Nov 2017

EnochLight wrote:
21 Nov 2017
BananaSkins wrote:
21 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
21 Nov 2017
Faastwalker wrote:
21 Nov 2017
LOL! I'm very happy to be wrong, fellas! :lol: :lol: :lol:
That means he's Livid :lol: :roll:

etyrnal

22 Nov 2017

None of the rack extensions that I've been holding out for for 4 months went on sale. LOL

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

• Information