What Will 'Black Friday' Bring?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
BananaSkins

06 Nov 2017

There seems to be some very tempting discounted Re's at the moment; eXPanse / Legend etc.
Does Propellerhead participate in 'Black Friday Sales'? Did any members here grab any good deals in last years 'Black Friday'?

Thanks for any help... :thumbs_up:

teddymcw

07 Nov 2017

Idk it doens't get much better than eXpanse / Legend / Vk-2. Been waiting for a Legend sale for awhile so I just picked up even tho I don't need more synths, such a fun one.

I'm personally hoping the R10 update gets an extra incentive somehow over Black Friday. Also some of the KhZ half racks would be cool like the transient shaper. Nothing to abs need but I'd use that for a decent price. Proton as well.

There's always good grabs heavily dependent upon what one, this year with VSTs on the market probly will show the best RE deals ever.

Aosta

07 Nov 2017

I think with VST support and the lowering of price in general for REs this year is going to be very interesting. I can see some mega bargains going up in the shop.
Tend the flame

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

07 Nov 2017

What will Black Friday bring?

These days, pretty much the same as every other Friday :lol:

AttenuationHz

07 Nov 2017

It'll be mayhem in the Propellerhead shop.

It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

chimp_spanner

07 Nov 2017

If you don't already have Legend, VK-2 and eXpanse don't even think about it. Just get em. Easily some of the best synths I've used. Legend and VK-2 in particular are just so....FAT.

scratchnsnifff

07 Nov 2017

I am literally at a point where I have all that I could have ever wanted. I suppose the shop will need some new synths/effects :) actually if there’s one thing Iv wanted its been the synapse audio effects
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

JacobiusWrex

07 Nov 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:If you don't already have Legend, VK-2 and eXpanse don't even think about it. Just get em. Easily some of the best synths I've used. Legend and VK-2 in particular are just so....FAT.

I totally just splurged on the legend..... I can't believe how huge it sounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EdGrip

07 Nov 2017

We are certainly in a golden age for virtual analogue soft-synths. ^_^

Right now you could get The Legend, VK-2, Repro-1 and (shortly) Repro-5 and still have change from $200. I've bought second-hand stomp-boxes for more than that.

Libraquaricorn

07 Nov 2017

I have my eye on the XILS-lab XILS 4:

https://www.xils-lab.com/products/xils-4-p-148.html

I don't know if they do sales though...

kitekrazy

08 Nov 2017

Too bad there is no deal in upgrade pricing. That would make it easier for me.

hurricane
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2017

I'm hoping for 50% off the Komplete Ultimate upgrade or ANYTHING off on Spectrasonics Keyscape.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

hurricane
Competition Winner

14 Nov 2017

hurricane wrote:
08 Nov 2017
I'm hoping for 50% off the Komplete Ultimate upgrade or ANYTHING off on Spectrasonics Keyscape.
Ask and you shall recieve: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ving-2017/
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

NekujaK

14 Nov 2017

Omnisphere 2 pretty please :thumbup: Although it'll probably never happen in this lifetime :(
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

FLVZ

14 Nov 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:
07 Nov 2017
If you don't already have Legend, VK-2 and eXpanse don't even think about it. Just get em. Easily some of the best synths I've used. Legend and VK-2 in particular are just so....FAT.
Man it was only last year when Nostromo, eXpanse and Legend dropped. REland got shook up, then VK2 came out a few months on and shook eveything up all over again. Its going to be pretty tough for any synth coming onto the RE platform to top those four. The best thing about investing in Blamsoft products is their dedication to updating and adding features.

EnochLight

14 Nov 2017

BananaSkins wrote:
06 Nov 2017
Does Propellerhead participate in 'Black Friday Sales'?
Yes. The Black Friday sale tends to be one of the largest sales they have, and they've been doing it for at least as long as the Rack Extension shop has been in full swing (so that's what, at least the past 5 years now)? Whether or not VST devs will participate through the PropShop remains to be seen, but I'd gather at least some will. And many others will have their own sales through their own shops.

Long story short: the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale in the PropShop is one of the best ways to save money on anything you want, at least for the US market. This translates into the international market scoring some great deals, too, though.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

AttenuationHz

14 Nov 2017

What's good for anyone who doesn't own NI stuff?
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

EnochLight

14 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
14 Nov 2017
What's good for anyone who doesn't own NI stuff?
Hardware: Maschine and/or Komplete Kontrol S49 or S61.

Software: REAKTOR 6 (if you like building your own instruments);

Soundbanks: there's too many to list, but I'd peek at what you fancy.

I'm not thrilled about their Komplete and/or Kontakt full versions, though. I thought they'd be offering a better deal. Maybe next week, though..
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

hurricane
Competition Winner

14 Nov 2017

I just snagged the Komplete 11 ultimate upgrade coming from Komplete 9 for $299. Talk about VALUE. The orchestral/cinematic stuff alone is worth it.

I doubt Keyscape or anything else by Spectrasonics will go on sale (cuz it's never happened in the past), so the next best thing is to get it (Keyscape) from JRR Shop for $340.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

esselfortium

14 Nov 2017

EnochLight wrote:
14 Nov 2017
I'm not thrilled about their Komplete and/or Kontakt full versions, though. I thought they'd be offering a better deal. Maybe next week, though..
Is NI is discounting upgrades from Kontakt Player to the Kontakt full version? If so, you can install and register the free "Drummic.a" library and crossgrade from that to save a lot of money. During a sale earlier this year, it was possible to purchase the full version of Kontakt 5 for $125 using this crossgrade.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

EnochLight

14 Nov 2017

esselfortium wrote:
14 Nov 2017
EnochLight wrote:
14 Nov 2017
Is NI is discounting upgrades from Kontakt Player to the Kontakt full version? If so, you can install and register the free "Drummic.a" library and crossgrade from that to save a lot of money. During a sale earlier this year, it was possible to purchase the full version of Kontakt 5 for $125 using this crossgrade.
I just tried to download "Drummic.a", but the link is bad. I saw threads from KVR from a couple of years ago where this was done, but I don't know if Sennheiser is still offering it anymore (and you need a registered license to do the crossgrade). :(

esselfortium

14 Nov 2017

EnochLight wrote:
14 Nov 2017
esselfortium wrote:
14 Nov 2017

I just tried to download "Drummic.a", but the link is bad. I saw threads from KVR from a couple of years ago where this was done, but I don't know if Sennheiser is still offering it anymore (and you need a registered license to do the crossgrade). :(
I had to navigate a Sennheiser website in German and fill out some info there in order to download it. It was still up as of early this year, so hopefully it still is!

edit: here, try this http://sennheiser.us/drummica.html
Sarah Mancuso

EnochLight

14 Nov 2017

esselfortium wrote:
14 Nov 2017
I had to navigate a Sennheiser website in German and fill out some info there in order to download it. It was still up as of early this year, so hopefully it still is!

I just tried it, but the download link doesn't work:

nope.JPG
nope.JPG (28.78 KiB) Viewed 3574 times

esselfortium

14 Nov 2017

EnochLight wrote:
14 Nov 2017
esselfortium wrote:
14 Nov 2017

I just tried it, but the download link doesn't work:

nope.JPG
Hmmm. Did you go to the "Registrierung" page and fill everything out?
Sarah Mancuso

EnochLight

14 Nov 2017

esselfortium wrote:
14 Nov 2017
Hmmm. Did you go to the "Registrierung" page and fill everything out?
Derp durrrrr derpy derp - NOPE. Lol :lol: :lol: :lol: Totally my fault. Let me give it a try.
Last edited by EnochLight on 14 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.

• Information