Really weird bouncing problem

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tobypearce

04 Nov 2017

I've got a strange issue and I'm really struggling to identify the cause.

When I export my song - or even just a 4 bar loop of it - there's a spot where there are some musical sounds that just aren't audible when playing the loop in reason. They're not turned down lower - they are simply absent. This happens even when I play the track from the beginning in case an earlier part of the track had a delay fx feedback turned up too far (that's kind of what it sounds like).

Honestly, when I listen within Reason it's not there. When I export the loop, it is.

What on earth could be causing this?
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

Loque

04 Nov 2017

Without any detailed information I can only speculate. I hab problems with some RE with weird sounds when rendering, that was caused by bugs. Also high sample rate causes sometimes problems with RE and VSTs. Random settings in devices can produce unpredictable results. Maybe there is a sound that evolves over time, like feedback loops.
Reason12, Win10

tobypearce

04 Nov 2017

That's the kind of thing I was thinking. Perhaps there are problems with some vst/re through rendering. What kinds of issues did you experience with this, and where there any particular instruments?
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2017

You said you are missing sounds, which RE and VST's are meant to be making them sounds?

If you mute the other tracks that are exporting OK and then just export the ones you think are missing what happens?

Loque

04 Nov 2017

tobypearce wrote:
04 Nov 2017
That's the kind of thing I was thinking. Perhaps there are problems with some vst/re through rendering. What kinds of issues did you experience with this, and where there any particular instruments?
Isolate the track and check what devices are there. Than we will see...
Reason12, Win10

DJDark2010

06 Nov 2017

Maybe some overlapping notes ?
If you bounce it when the note isnt triggered at start, there will be no sound ...
Just mark your bouncing a little bit earlier, and it should be record the missing sounds, you can than cut out anything you dont want.

• Information