Can I uninstall Humana?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
groggy1

02 Nov 2017

When I go to Content Manager, it seems it doesn't let me UNinstall Humana. Does anyone know of a way to uninstall it?

I like Europe and Grain, but I gotta say that Humana is just *aweful*. Most choral libraries have a bit more subtlety when it comes to the "ahs" (i.e. it sounds a bit more natural) - but with Humana, the "ah" is so in-your-face, that I can't imagine using it in any real song. Just my opinion.

rudiarii

02 Nov 2017

Delete it from Authorizor
"dont let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold" Incubus

WongoTheSane

02 Nov 2017

While I agree Humana might not be the most realistic choir instrument out there, it can still be used in amazing ways. If you haven't already, check out what the winner of the R10 song challenge did with it (Humana is used almost right from the start, just after Klang):

AttenuationHz

02 Nov 2017

Also makes nice kicks :puf_bigsmile:
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Electric-Metal

02 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
02 Nov 2017
Also makes nice kicks :puf_bigsmile:
Ohh, gotta try this right when I get home from work
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

groggy1

02 Nov 2017

rudiarii wrote:
02 Nov 2017

Doesn't mean it'll get reinstalled when I sync-all?

Either way, I'll give it a shot. THanks!

AttenuationHz

02 Nov 2017

groggy1 wrote:
02 Nov 2017
rudiarii wrote:
02 Nov 2017

You install it from content manager so you can just go to the folder where it is installed and delete it there.

Windows C:\Users\...\Music\Propellerhead Content\Optional Devices
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Reasonable man

02 Nov 2017

Dont do it . You can put it through al kinds of filters\gates Glitch effects etc etc . Tis while handy to have laying around batman.

tronam

02 Nov 2017

With pretty much any choir library I’ve used they require detailed velocity and volume automation to sound natural in isolation. Otherwise they just sound like all those 80s and 90s era Roland romplers. The potential for combinator layering seems great though, especially for pads.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

Wickline

02 Nov 2017

groggy1 wrote:
rudiarii wrote:
02 Nov 2017

Humana isn’t an RE so sync all won’t do anything with it. Same with Europa and Grain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

Aosta

02 Nov 2017

Wickline wrote:
02 Nov 2017

Humana isn’t an RE so sync all won’t do anything with it. Same with Europa and Grain.
That's what I was thinking, it's a stock device so I'd assume it would be like asking if you could delete Thor or Kong or something?
Tend the flame

AttenuationHz

02 Nov 2017

Aosta wrote:
02 Nov 2017
Wickline wrote:
02 Nov 2017

That's what I was thinking, it's a stock device so I'd assume it would be like asking if you could delete Thor or Kong or something?
Optional stock device ;) !! They are not compulsory with Reason they are in a separate location along with RadP (if you did not own that previously) and Synchronous (if you did not own that previously).

You can delete all optional content if you want. You can run the content manager again at a later time if you decide you want it again. Same goes for the old versions to those devices when there is an update for them and refills from the content manager. It will pop up upon starting Reason and say the selected devices are not compatible with this version and give you the option to download the compatible ones. I'm not sure if they fixed it so it overwrites the non compatible devices. Raised that space issue in Beta, but they seemed to have fixed the other issues I raised so will find out next update!

groggy1

03 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
02 Nov 2017
Aosta wrote:
02 Nov 2017

Optional stock device ;) !! They are not compulsory with Reason they are in a separate location along with RadP (if you did not own that previously) and Synchronous (if you did not own that previously).

You can delete all optional content if you want. You can run the content manager again at a later time if you decide you want it again. Same goes for the old versions to those devices when there is an update for them and refills from the content manager. It will pop up upon starting Reason and say the selected devices are not compatible with this version and give you the option to download the compatible ones. I'm not sure if they fixed it so it overwrites the non compatible devices. Raised that space issue in Beta, but they seemed to have fixed the other issues I raised so will find out next update!
That's a great explanation, thank you.

per-anders

04 Nov 2017

Why not try pushing yourself a little? Nothing good in life is easy, you may find a new best friend if you get rid of ideas of taste, and start thinking about what it could sound like. Consider chiptunes, blindly those sounds are terrible, cheesy cheap old 8 bit computer sounds naff as heck, slap a killer beat on them, some guitar and suddenly you’ve got Rattatat. It takes effort to see potential, inspiration doesn’t always come easy, but it’s mucn more rewarding when you had to take something raw and well nasty and turn it into something great... or nastier (in a good way of course).

• Information