Reason 10 Bug?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Creativemind

26 Oct 2017

Hi All!

Just playing around with Reason 10. Loaded one of the new loops in Dr.Octo.Rex and made a little bassline on Malstrom. Looped it and when it loops back 'round the first beat and note is missing. Is this a bug, shall I contact Propellerhead?

There isn't any kind of gap at the end of the loop either when the right locator is, it's bang on the start of bar 3 or end of bar 2.

EDIT - It's working, bizarre. I clicked out of EDIT mode and it seemed to work when I played it again. Weird man. Not sure what happened but it's working again. I'm reloading it to see what happens as it's not been saved since it started working.

EDIT 2 - So I've reloaded it, same again. First 1/16th note of Malstrom and the Dr.Octo.Rex isn't playing. The midi note on Malstrom isn't a fraction late either on the midi editor. You may have guessed that isn't the issue either as it's happening to the Dr.Octo.Rex too. I've clicked out of EDIT mode and it hasn't fixed it this time. Tried going back in and out of EDIT mode and not fixed it again, changed the SNAP to 32 as I did that last time too, nothing. Still missing that first little bit. Any ideas?

I just quantized all the clip to 1/16ths and it seems to be doing the right thing now. Odd behavior. I'd quantized it (thinking that might be the issue with the first note) before making the video and it didn't fix it but it has now. Even so, quantizing that first note shouldn't affect the Dr.Octo.Rex anyway so don't see why that's suddenly working. Must be a bug?

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Loque

26 Oct 2017

I noticed similar effects on earlier versions. Sometimes in a loop, but most at song start. Guess if you move the first note a few samples ahead, the sind is played?
Reason12, Win10

Creativemind

26 Oct 2017

Loque wrote:
26 Oct 2017
I noticed similar effects on earlier versions. Sometimes in a loop, but most at song start. Guess if you move the first note a few samples ahead, the sind is played?
Never noticed it before. I'm on 8.3. Used solidly for 5 years since 6.5 without ever a glitch.

It's fixed now, seems the first 8th note isn't played. Not 1/16th as originally stated. There seems to be no option to edit that correct on this thread, has something changed here? Not sure to move the clip now as it's working.
Last edited by Creativemind on 26 Oct 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

26 Oct 2017

Tbh, i noticed it mainly in 9+.can't remember the first time.
Reason12, Win10

EpiGenetik

27 Oct 2017

Can you stick a song file up and see if we can reproduce it? I don't get any problems of this nature with any stock devices, either now or historically, but this used to be a ReWire issue a while back (think <v3.0 or something).

AFAIK, no publicly released version has had this problem since then.

Creativemind

05 Nov 2017

It's happened again today. I've just done a midi clip of piano notes for 8 bars and looped the clip. The L/R locators are in the right places, i.e - At the very beginning and end of the clip and on loop it's skipping the first note again when it loops back 'round. Must be a bug this. I should report it to Propellerhead.

It fixed itself though when I move the first note forward a 1/16th note and back again to the beginning of the clip.

lakinlakin

05 Nov 2017

Never saw this until I moved to 10, thought it was just me

Ahornberg

05 Nov 2017

Do you have delay compensation on?

pquenin

05 Nov 2017

Ahornberg wrote:
05 Nov 2017
Do you have delay compensation on?
I also think this kind of bug is due to delay compensation. I was afraid when I saw PDC coming to Reason because of that, and this bug confirm my fears.

• Information