Propellerhead Releases Reason 10

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
plaamook

25 Oct 2017

chaosroyale wrote:
25 Oct 2017
... I think I'll be skipping 10 unless I REALLY can't live without grain.
I really couldn't. I almost feel ashamed. I also think 10 should have been about workflow fixes but it'll prob come. Grain is something I was waiting for native in reason for a long time. I cou;dn't help it!
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

plaamook

25 Oct 2017

Adabler wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Arg! The download rate is around 300kb/s. Over an hour left. Sigh...

Don't worry. Aparently R10 is so shitty you're not missing anything...

Or here.

Psuper

25 Oct 2017

plaamook wrote:
25 Oct 2017
chaosroyale wrote:
25 Oct 2017
I really couldn't. I almost feel ashamed. I also think 10 should have been about workflow fixes but it'll prob come. Grain is something I was waiting for native in reason for a long time. I cou;dn't help it!
I'm passing on Reason 10 for all the examples I've outlined the last couple weeks - and I've been on and off that fence quite a bit.

Mangle appears far more powerful than Grain. Grain was easier to use right away, but Mangle... far more advanced in so many ways ; mods, matrix, multiple samples in slots, playing options, etc.... and $20.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

Creativemind

25 Oct 2017

Electric-Metal wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Creativemind wrote:
25 Oct 2017
A more powerful midi editor and more inline audio editing features and ganged faders, an undo events list, sync'ing the browsers and windows on the fly, track folders, a notepad (for lyrics and notes), curved automation and track freeze I was hoping for. Them plus Grain and Europa would've been superb.
^This^ is nothing but wishful thinking, and I'm sure your're aware of that. ;)
Some of them plus Grain & Europa, and I'd be with you. But all of those? C'mon, no way. That not how Props are working.
Suppose you're right. I feel like it's just flogging a dead horse with Reason. I was using Logic Pro X at university yesterday and given some the stock devices (mainly Space Designer and EX2 - although powerful) I hate (mainly the GUI and feel of them) I'm seriously considering getting a mac (probably a mac mini) and a copy of Logic Pro X. I think 11 is out soon and seeing as I have access to Lynda.com at uni I could utilise the top notch Logic tutorials. I just love all the tools in it. Every effect and tool you could need (like it has a stock de-esser, multiband compressor, exciter, metering tools, vectorscope / ganometer etc) is there as stock and I could always Rewire my Reason 8.3 into it and use Alligator, Thor and Subtractor.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

25 Oct 2017

plaamook wrote:
25 Oct 2017
chaosroyale wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Hopefully fingers crossed. Just wish I knew what we're waiting for as regards workflow. My fingers are crossed for poor sales so Propellerhead think, oh crikey we better get out a 10.1 soon as we can to sweeten things over. Sorry for sounding pessimistic but it's not floated my boat at all this update. Features is what I want.

They have advertised recently though for a c++ coder so maybe they're in real need of someone to code some of the things we've been asking for?

plaamook

25 Oct 2017

Psuper wrote:
25 Oct 2017
plaamook wrote:
25 Oct 2017

I'm passing on Reason 10 for all the examples I've outlined the last couple weeks - and I've been on and off that fence quite a bit.
Thing is I figure I'll just end up forking out for the point upgrade. R9 was the first upgrade I passed on since R3 when I started here and I just ended up forking out when the VST's came on. Admittedly I shouldhave waited a few months but whatever. You could say that about Reason at any point along the wayreally. In the end I dig Reason more than most other things so I'm happy to subscribe really.

But 10.5 better fix some work flow shit. Otherwise I've just paid £100 for a sampler!

Or here.

Electric-Metal

25 Oct 2017

Creativemind wrote:
25 Oct 2017
I'm seriously considering getting a mac (probably a mac mini) and a copy of Logic Pro X.
Maybe that's your way. From reading your comments over here (no offense ;) ), I'd think Reason is not for you, at least not as your main DAW. If it makes you struggle too much, it makes no sense to carry on with it.
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

plaamook

25 Oct 2017

Creativemind wrote:
25 Oct 2017
...Sorry for sounding pessimistic but it's not floated my boat at all this update. Features is what I want.
I don't think it's pessimistic. I was totally ready to just write R10 off till I got on beta and started farting around with Grain. Had it been any other style device I'd be bithcing too but for once in YEARS we just got a new and relativly bad ass sampler in Reason. For a sample head this is pretty important butI still think 10 is a shit upgrade. The devices should have been RE's and R10 should have attacked the ever growing fix list.

Or here.

EnochLight

25 Oct 2017

sublunar wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Equalizer wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Oh really now...my PM to you was merely to show you that your over-zealous Reason evangelism may not actually be as popular as you think it is, based on this forum post which yielded ZERO responses:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7503690&p=358047&hi ... ew#p358047
What a lame attempt at pointing out how unpopular his love for Reason is. Because a thread about a review got no comments. LOL Way to show him. Meanwhile, I just bought and downloaded 10, like a bunch of other people have. Yeah there's things I wish they'd fix, but I'm getting along just fine. I skipped version 9. And 7.

My only complaint so far is the Allihoopa logo on the transport. Get that shit outta here!
Window => hide transport? :D :lol:

Eh, it used to bother me as well, but now I can ignore it. Actually, it's came in handy a few times when I needed to share a quick idea with someone.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Zac

25 Oct 2017

It would be much easier to read this thread if there was an empathy drug available so that posters were aware that their opinion is just one amongst many and that the louder you shout or more often is rarely more convincing than just saying what you feel realising it's just one amongst many voices.

Carry on. I'll get r10 asap, but hope for more function later on. I can still run all my res and vSt's on 9.5 so no worries.

Creativemind

25 Oct 2017

plaamook wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Creativemind wrote:
25 Oct 2017
...Sorry for sounding pessimistic but it's not floated my boat at all this update. Features is what I want.
I don't think it's pessimistic. I was totally ready to just write R10 off till I got on beta and started farting around with Grain. Had it been any other style device I'd be bithcing too but for once in YEARS we just got a new and relativly bad ass sampler in Reason. For a sample head this is pretty important butI still think 10 is a shit upgrade. The devices should have been RE's and R10 should have attacked the ever growing fix list.
Spot on.

As good as these synths are though we could've just got a vst synth that did what they do. PadShop Pro for a start. We can't however get a vst to sort workflow. Not saying you for this comment but I think a lot of the people on this site would be happy if Reason just added an Re and some samples and maybe one feature and they'd be praising it like it was like, the most unbelievable thing since sliced bread.

ltbrunt00

25 Oct 2017

Buy Reason 10 or three blamsoft synths on sale.... to many choices. R10 may have to wait till mid November.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

plaamook

25 Oct 2017

Creativemind wrote:
25 Oct 2017
plaamook wrote:
25 Oct 2017

Spot on.

As good as these synths are though we could've just got a vst synth that did what they do. PadShop Pro for a start. We can't however get a vst to sort workflow. Not saying you for this comment but I think a lot of the people on this site would be happy if Reason just added an Re and some samples and maybe one feature and they'd be praising it like it was like, the most unbelievable thing since sliced bread.
Well people work in different ways.
Personally I'd preffer a native sampler in Reason to a vST of a similar design. As it's my main DAW it's worth it to me to drop a few quid on Grain but I don't blame anyone else for pissing on R10 though.
That said I feel it's a bit indulgent to drop £100 on it but hey ho. Keeps me out of the brothels of Bristol I guess.

Or here.

Bumbum

25 Oct 2017

Download is sloooowwww! Why no torrent version for dloading this...

EnochLight

25 Oct 2017

plaamook wrote:
25 Oct 2017
That said I feel it's a bit indulgent to drop £100 on it but hey ho. Keeps me out of the brothels of Bristol I guess.
Counterpoint: Brothels of Bristol would be an awesome band name. :D
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Oquasec

25 Oct 2017

Saved my $ so reason 10 bois in the house October whoop whoop.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

AttenuationHz

25 Oct 2017

Bumbum wrote:
25 Oct 2017
https://www.propellerheads.se/support/d ... ittorrent/

It was just posted but wharever...
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

groggy1

25 Oct 2017

Btw, on Reason 10, here's my conspiracy theory:

I think Props are training us (to expect great things as point-releases).

A huge update came with R9.5 (VST), and then R10 is something that's not quite as big/complex. And same thing happened when they released convolution-Reverb as a point-update.

So props have me SUPER excited now for what comes half a year *after* the official release, not the actual release.
And the fact that they call R10 the "biggest release ever" I think is very intentional. I think they know what's coming in 10.5, and are waiting for it to be released, so they can say "see, we told you R10 is the biggest release ever".

I think other companies have approached this by telling us that "they'll have a great stream of content every 2 months", like Sonar. But I think Props are just taking a different approach: Instead of trying to sell us on it, they're SHOWING us that the exciting stuff comes as point-releases. I think psychologically, I'm actually getting more excited about point-releases than the main version updates!

In addition to above, they're testing the waters for Subscription model by doing it for REs, in such a way that there's ZERO negatives. I.e. I can still buy REs outright if I choose to, so there's no downside.
But I can imagine that by training us to expect exciting stuff in point-releases, they'll soon introduce subscription model for Reason itself - and some people (not all of course) will be OK with it since they've proven they bring good stuff in point-releases.

But the thing I fear most is that they push us into Subscriptions, and then have value that's *only* available in Subscriptions. E.g. if you want VST3.0, support, you need to be on Subscription model. I don't think they'd do this, but it scares me.

selig
RE Developer

25 Oct 2017

groggy1 wrote:Btw, on Reason 10, here's my conspiracy theory:

I think Props are training us (to expect great things as point-releases).

A huge update came with R9.5 (VST), and then R10 is something that's not quite as big/complex. And same thing happened when they released convolution-Reverb as a point-update.

So props have me SUPER excited now for what comes half a year *after* the official release, not the actual release.
And the fact that they call R10 the "biggest release ever" I think is very intentional. I think they know what's coming in 10.5, and are waiting for it to be released, so they can say "see, we told you R10 is the biggest release ever".

I think other companies have approached this by telling us that "they'll have a great stream of content every 2 months", like Sonar. But I think Props are just taking a different approach: Instead of trying to sell us on it, they're SHOWING us that the exciting stuff comes as point-releases. I think psychologically, I'm actually getting more excited about point-releases than the main version updates!

In addition to above, they're testing the waters for Subscription model by doing it for REs, in such a way that there's ZERO negatives. I.e. I can still buy REs outright if I choose to, so there's no downside.
But I can imagine that by training us to expect exciting stuff in point-releases, they'll soon introduce subscription model for Reason itself - and some people (not all of course) will be OK with it since they've proven they bring good stuff in point-releases.

But the thing I fear most is that they push us into Subscriptions, and then have value that's *only* available in Subscriptions. E.g. if you want VST3.0, support, you need to be on Subscription model. I don't think they'd do this, but it scares me.
What scares me more, and is as likely to happen IMO, is they go out of business and leave me hanging. :(

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Oquasec

25 Oct 2017

I expect them to go out of business, but only if they don't become embedded into people's mind like fl studio or moog.
Soooo...what to do then? Embed reason into people as a brand. I have reaper to fall back on just in case as well, but it would suck seeing such a polished, FUN AND INNOVATIVE DAW CEASING TO EXIST :cool:
Last edited by Oquasec on 25 Oct 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

per-anders

25 Oct 2017

I'm upgrading because I don't want the Props to go out of business and I'm hoping that what we've seen for the past couple of updates isn't the classic investors traditional M.O. (as we've all seen elsewhere).

Bumbum

25 Oct 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Bumbum wrote:
25 Oct 2017
https://www.propellerheads.se/support/d ... ittorrent/

It was just posted but wharever...
Oh thanks!

Redster

25 Oct 2017

I'm not upgrading. First time I haven't for aeons. Truth is I bought NI Komplete when 9.5 dropped therefore I am still wading through learning that shizzle. In R10 I cant see enough there for me to find the money to upgrade when I'm embroiled in Reaktor 6. I will wait for the point release and hope it concentrates on workflow. Sorry Props!

QVprod

25 Oct 2017

Creativemind wrote:
25 Oct 2017

Hopefully fingers crossed. Just wish I knew what we're waiting for as regards workflow. My fingers are crossed for poor sales so Propellerhead think, oh crikey we better get out a 10.1 soon as we can to sweeten things over. Sorry for sounding pessimistic but it's not floated my boat at all this update. Features is what I want.
There's a pretty simple solution to your waiting for features issue. As you mentioned earlier in the thread, just buy a DAW that has the features you need. That stops you from being annoyed by "lack of" features. That's what many of us do here. For example, I do all recording and mixing in Studio One . Most of my creating happens in Reason.

kuhliloach

25 Oct 2017

I upgraded. The instruments and sounds are really great. Seasoned users, kick/snare diggers, sound designers, and even casual composer types should all appreciate the two big new synths and massive content in Reason 10. To make internet verification go away don't forget to write your Reason 10 license as needed (computer, ignition key, and or Balance). This means logging into the Props site and using the Authorize feature on your account, otherwise you'll get the nag screen at launch.

Now back to listening my new folder of 1,916 kicks and 1,670 snares. :roll:

• Information