Propellerhead Releases Reason 10

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stratatonic

25 Oct 2017

EnochLight wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Goodbye wrote:
25 Oct 2017

- Fixed graphic error in Plugin Management window
- Fixed a crash when closing Reason after downloading an update
- Fixed a crash that could happen when taking a screenshot of a VST plugin
- Various bug fixes and improvements

Yep. They've sure been busy.
Looks like they have:

- Added Europa Shapeshifting Synthesizer
- Added Grain Sample Manipulator
- Added Klang Tuned Percussion
- Added Pangea World Instruments
- Added Humana Vocal Collection
- Added Drum Supply and Loop Supply ReFills
- Synchronous is now an included device
- Radical Piano is now an included device
- Added the content manager for optional content, accessible at first launch or by going to Window > Manage Content
- Updated Reason 10 Sounds and Factory Sound Bank with patches from Europa and Grain
- Devices can now be added to favorite lists
So, in terms of actual workflow enhancements in Reason 10:

scratchnsnifff

25 Oct 2017

MattiasHG wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Loque wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Release notes : https://www.propellerheads.se/de/reason ... ease-notes

A few bugs seem to be fixed. My bug reports, even on Radical Piano, are still open.

We actually fixed some Radical Piano bugs too, they just weren't in that fix list :)
Hey mattias Congrats on the release! And I have a grain question about long grains. The rate knob on long grain, is it able to show syncd values? Or is it similar to the hz measurements of an LFO just noticed it in the add for grain :p
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

25 Oct 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
25 Oct 2017
MattiasHG wrote:
25 Oct 2017

We actually fixed some Radical Piano bugs too, they just weren't in that fix list :)
Hey mattias Congrats on the release! And I have a grain question about long grains. The rate knob on long grain, is it able to show syncd values? Or is it similar to the hz measurements of an LFO just noticed it in the add for grain :p
It's un-sync'd, thanks for the feedback though!

EnochLight

25 Oct 2017

stratatonic wrote:
25 Oct 2017

Not sure where you've been the past month, but I thought it was common knowledge that 10 is just a content update?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

sdst
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2017

Reason 10 Release Notes

Added Europa Shapeshifting Synthesizer
Added Grain Sample Manipulator
Added Klang Tuned Percussion
Added Pangea World Instruments
Added Humana Vocal Collection
Added Drum Supply and Loop Supply ReFills
Synchronous is now an included device
Radical Piano is now an included device
Added the content manager for optional content, accessible at first launch or by going to Window > Manage Content
Updated Reason 10 Sounds and Factory Sound Bank with patches from Europa and Grain
Devices can now be added to favorite lists
Fixed graphic error in Plugin Management window
Fixed a crash when closing Reason after downloading an update
Fixed a crash that could happen when taking a screenshot of a VST plugin
Various bug fixes and improvements

Reason Essentials Release Notes

Added number 10

thanks for the info :)

stratatonic

25 Oct 2017

EnochLight wrote:
25 Oct 2017
stratatonic wrote:
25 Oct 2017

Not sure where you've been the past month, but I thought it was common knowledge that 10 is just a content update?
Not sure where you've been the past decade, but I thought it was common knowledge that upgrades, of course, had some workflow enhancements. :puf_bigsmile:

(actually it looks like there is something else new: The Manage Content Window)

EnochLight

25 Oct 2017

stratatonic wrote:
25 Oct 2017
EnochLight wrote:
25 Oct 2017

Not sure where you've been the past decade, but I thought it was common knowledge that upgrades, of course, had some workflow enhancements. :puf_bigsmile:

(actually it looks like there is something else new: The Manage Content Window)
:puf_bigsmile:

just_beat_it.gif
just_beat_it.gif (129.04 KiB) Viewed 4750 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Adabler
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2017

EnochLight wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Correct - major version updates can be installed along side previous versions. (...) If you don't, feel free to uninstall it.
Thanks! I think I'll delete it then. It seems all the older versions are still avaliable for download from props, so if some future collaberation project requires an older version, it can be sorted.
:reason: 12, Win10

dallasknight

25 Oct 2017

Just downloaded my upgrade

But the only two instruments I can see are Europa and Grain, none of the other are under instruments

Am I missing something?

Also the new drum loops don't seem to be there either

mooseharris

25 Oct 2017

Soft Enerji wrote:
25 Oct 2017
OK, nothing at you in particular but I really don't get the complaints and the reluctance to upgrade. $129 every couple of years? Seriously? When you break that down it's what? 5 or so bucks a month...... a buck or so a week! Come on! Props have to make money otherwise there will be no more Props. But I dare say they'll get by without all the whingers and whiners that keep complaining that this upgrade just ain't worth their hard earned............

Sorry......but I guess that's my 2c errrr $129 worth :puf_smile:
Fair enough. I've bought every version since Reason 1, plus ReCycle and ReBirth, which I can't even run anymore, and Record, when that was a thing. I also have the iPad versions of ReBirth and Thor, and maybe £1000 of mostly Propellerhead REs, so it's not like I've not spent a few quid with the Props over the years. Having just invested in some hardware analogue synths, Reason 10 is beyond my current level of spare cash for an upgrade that's not that interesting for me. I don't do EDM, so the offer of loads of EDM samples and loops doesn't appeal to me, and I have synths.

Was the step between 8 and 9 particularly big? I bought both and can't remember much difference until 9.5, which suits my needs perfectly (although VST 3 support would mean I could ditch Ableton).

I love Reason, it's been my main DAW since it began, but I like what I've got, can't afford to upgrade and so have chosen not to.

It's not like I'm moaning that they should rebuild the engine from the ground up or put a new sequencer in or any of that other stuff you see every time an update is announced. I don't even care that VST support isn't all singing and dancing, as I prefer an integrated Re to an external VST most of the time anyway.

EnochLight

25 Oct 2017

dallasknight wrote:
25 Oct 2017

But the only two instruments I can see are Europa and Grain, none of the other are under instruments

Am I missing something?

Yes, you're missing the additional content. Go to Window => Content Manager and download all of the new stuff. Afterwards, restart Reason.

Reminiscence

25 Oct 2017

I qualify for a free upgrade to 10 but on my props account under products it still shows ver.9 and its serial number. What's up with that? I contacted support but just wanted to say it here as well. Anyway.

scratchnsnifff

25 Oct 2017

EnochLight wrote:
25 Oct 2017
dallasknight wrote:
25 Oct 2017

Am I missing something?

Yes, you're missing the additional content. Go to Window => Content Manager and download all of the new stuff. Afterwards, restart Reason.
I believe it’s like a 3 or a 5 gig download :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

dallasknight

25 Oct 2017

EnochLight wrote:
25 Oct 2017
dallasknight wrote:
25 Oct 2017

Am I missing something?

Brilliant thankyou

Found and downloading now

moneykube

25 Oct 2017

perchased expanse , zero,
(refills to add content) and reason 10... synths up the yin yang.... sorry again for my disrespectful rant... I guess I'm back until the next rant
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

grex

25 Oct 2017

Reminiscence wrote:
25 Oct 2017
I qualify for a free upgrade to 10 but on my props account under products it still shows ver.9 and its serial number. What's up with that? I contacted support but just wanted to say it here as well. Anyway.
Same here. Currently I'm downloading the demo to try to activate it somehow with the reason 9 or something. I just don't know if that's the correct approach and the download is taking a while.

Psuper

25 Oct 2017

My reason upgrade cost me $20 (The Mangle). I wish R.10 had stuff that was useful to me, more synths and sounds aren't. To anyone on the fence about it due to grain alone, give Mangle a look.

I still may get R10 just to support propellerhead, just really don't like how the "biggest upgrade ever" was done by flagshipping a couple REs and tacking on some severely crippled soundiron packs as "new instruments".
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

PhillipOrdonez

25 Oct 2017

David wrote:
25 Oct 2017
someone got his upgrade in his account already?
Not me, not yet.... Waiting eagerly!

Gorgon

25 Oct 2017

I just downloaded the demo, and had a look at Europa and Grain, and I'm quite underwhelmed, to say the least.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

grex

25 Oct 2017

Reminiscence wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Same here. Right now I'm downloading R10 Demo to try to activate somehow, but the download is taking quite some time and I'm really not sure if that's the right approach. Does anyone have solution?

demt

25 Oct 2017

O blast I banged it up my nose last night and ave run outs dosh guess isle wait for next months paycheck still time to think is time to think
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

jjdejong0

25 Oct 2017

I also qualify for free upgrade but my products page still shows 9. I downloaded reason 10 but when I try and run it to login it says I am not authorized to run Reason 10. Have sent emails to Prop support but no reply. Anyone else found a fix? I'm guessing with new release day props is gonna be really busy but still I paid to upgrade to Reason 9 just so I could get the free upgrade and now I can't use the new version. I hope they respond to this or at least comment to say what's going on.

sot

25 Oct 2017

!* Just a tip*! : if you download Reason 10 without Soundbanks like me... Reason will ask you to download the factory soundbank when you start it, after it downloads the Soundbank it begins to verify if it's alright,
Don't press the STOP button cause reason will delete the Soundbank you have downloaded! it will not stop only the verify process! yes i done this and it started downloading the file again :/
:reason: 10

EnochLight

25 Oct 2017

grex wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Reminiscence wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Same here. Currently I'm downloading the demo to try to activate it somehow with the reason 9 or something. I just don't know if that's the correct approach and the download is taking a while.
Once you're issued an actual Reason 10 license, it will show up on your account page here:

https://www.propellerheads.se/user/prod ... plications

Once it does, you can authorize your computer for offline use by hitting the "show details", and then "manage license" (you can only authorize one computer at a time for offline use, though if you have a Ignition Key USB dongle or old Balance audio interface, you can authorize those as well).

sot

25 Oct 2017

my account doesnt show reason 10 yet too, but the download for 9.5 points to 10.0 version, still downloading so not yet actually run it.

edit* account updated alright *
Last edited by sot on 25 Oct 2017, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: 10

• Information