Propellerhead Releases Reason 10

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

David

25 Oct 2017

someone got his upgrade in his account already?

XysteR

25 Oct 2017

David wrote:
25 Oct 2017
someone got his upgrade in his account already?
I do.

Soft Enerji

25 Oct 2017

DLing now :-)

bjmatt

25 Oct 2017

Yep, Europa sounds absolutely stunning, thanks Props!

XysteR

25 Oct 2017

Yes Europa and Grain are amazingly powerful!

mooseharris

25 Oct 2017

Not convinced by it, there's nothing exceptional about it apart from some new instruments. I already have more synths than I ever use. Will possibly update for 10.5 or 11, but not for this version...although I said that about Reason 8.

seqoi

25 Oct 2017

XysteR wrote:
25 Oct 2017
It's here!

https://shop.propellerheads.se/
That's shop section not the main site :P

XysteR

25 Oct 2017

mooseharris wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Not convinced by it, there's nothing exceptional about it apart from some new instruments. I already have more synths than I ever use. Will possibly update for 10.5 or 11, but not for this version...although I said that about Reason 8.
It's only money, just buy it and be done with it.
seqoi wrote:
25 Oct 2017
XysteR wrote:
25 Oct 2017
It's here!

https://shop.propellerheads.se/
That's shop section not the main site :P
Exactly, so you can pump the 'buy' button :D haha!

David

25 Oct 2017

its very comfusing because its says on my account reason 9 but i downloaded the instllation files and i see reason 10.

XysteR

25 Oct 2017

David wrote:
25 Oct 2017
its very comfusing because its says on my account reason 9 but i downloaded the instllation files and i see reason 10.
I'm not sure why that is. Saying that, if you've installed Reason 10 and it all works, then you have nothing to worry about. Maybe it takes some time to update your license?

seqoi

25 Oct 2017

I am trying to download demo. I just got link at Props main site but i am getting 404 not found nginx server error

Soft Enerji

25 Oct 2017

mooseharris wrote:
25 Oct 2017
OK, nothing at you in particular but I really don't get the complaints and the reluctance to upgrade. $129 every couple of years? Seriously? When you break that down it's what? 5 or so bucks a month...... a buck or so a week! Come on! Props have to make money otherwise there will be no more Props. But I dare say they'll get by without all the whingers and whiners that keep complaining that this upgrade just ain't worth their hard earned............

Sorry......but I guess that's my 2c errrr $129 worth :puf_smile:

Loque

25 Oct 2017

Release notes : https://www.propellerheads.se/de/reason ... ease-notes

A few bugs seem to be fixed. My bug reports, even on Radical Piano, are still open.
Reason12, Win10

ReasonTalk

25 Oct 2017

Today marks the release of the tenth iteration of Reason in 17 years. It has come a long way for sure while retaining its core principle. The out of the blue announcement of Reason 10 sparked quite a debate among Reason users, just as every other release. After seeing the new devices in detail in the three Live Streams and during the public beta, the dust has settled quite a bit. The new synths seem to be rather good after all.

https://www.reasontalk.com/2017/10/prop ... reason-10/

stfual

25 Oct 2017

Now the beta phase is over - are there any core code changes, performance enhancements or bug fixes particularly on VST support ?
Propellerhead doesn't really do release notes or bug tracking.

9.5 was the first release of VST so I would expect some significant cleanup to release 1.0 code. Looking for a Reason to buy but not enthused by new synths and samples or persuaded by "free" devices I already paid for. Grain is interesting to me but for $129 isn't a bargain.

Social Exodus

25 Oct 2017

Site is crashed, at least for me. They got my money, but the download and account pages are eff'd right now. I was hoping to download this while I was at work and install it tonight :(

Edit: It's back and I am downloading now. Thank goodness ;)
Last edited by Social Exodus on 25 Oct 2017, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

Tumble

25 Oct 2017

Here are some patches I made for Europa during beta. I won't be upgrading soon, so figured I may aswell share these:

🚩
Just patch format, not refill
40 Patches - Primarily keys and pads.
Not level-matched
Attachments
Tumble Europa patches.rar
(78.49 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
Last edited by Tumble on 03 Nov 2017, edited 3 times in total.

Adabler
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2017

What is best practise in regards to older installations? Just delete and move on? As I understand it, the update doesn't actually update but rather installs itself alongside older versions?
:reason: 12, Win10

EnochLight

25 Oct 2017

stfual wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Now the beta phase is over - are there any core code changes, performance enhancements or bug fixes particularly on VST support ?
Of course they do:

https://www.propellerheads.se/de/reason ... ease-notes
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

25 Oct 2017

Adabler wrote:
25 Oct 2017
What is best practise in regards to older installations? Just delete and move on? As I understand it, the update doesn't actually update but rather installs itself alongside older versions?
Correct - major version updates can be installed along side previous versions. Best practice is determined by whether or not you want to be able to access an older version at all. If you do, install it side by side. If you don't, feel free to uninstall it.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Goodbye

25 Oct 2017

EnochLight wrote:
25 Oct 2017
stfual wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Of course they do:

https://www.propellerheads.se/de/reason ... ease-notes
- Fixed graphic error in Plugin Management window
- Fixed a crash when closing Reason after downloading an update
- Fixed a crash that could happen when taking a screenshot of a VST plugin
- Various bug fixes and improvements

Yep. They've sure been busy.

EnochLight

25 Oct 2017

Goodbye wrote:
25 Oct 2017
- Fixed graphic error in Plugin Management window
- Fixed a crash when closing Reason after downloading an update
- Fixed a crash that could happen when taking a screenshot of a VST plugin
- Various bug fixes and improvements

Yep. They've sure been busy.
Looks like they have:

- Added Europa Shapeshifting Synthesizer
- Added Grain Sample Manipulator
- Added Klang Tuned Percussion
- Added Pangea World Instruments
- Added Humana Vocal Collection
- Added Drum Supply and Loop Supply ReFills
- Synchronous is now an included device
- Radical Piano is now an included device
- Added the content manager for optional content, accessible at first launch or by going to Window > Manage Content
- Updated Reason 10 Sounds and Factory Sound Bank with patches from Europa and Grain
- Devices can now be added to favorite lists

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

25 Oct 2017

Loque wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Release notes : https://www.propellerheads.se/de/reason ... ease-notes

A few bugs seem to be fixed. My bug reports, even on Radical Piano, are still open.
We actually fixed some Radical Piano bugs too, they just weren't in that fix list :)

scratchnsnifff

25 Oct 2017

Il buy the upgrade just to keep the propellerhead video guy in business! Haha I love the organic video they made! Well done. Dude showcases the simplicity of the 3 samples instruments and makes an awesome track. Today will be fun, now to get out of work haha
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

• Information