Sample editor in reason needs an update...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Marc64

21 Oct 2017

My mic only records mono but when I record into like nn-19 or so I get a stereo sample. It is needed a convert to mono option in the sample editor.
As I need to do now is to sample into an audio track as mono (can select mono or stereo only then) and bounce to new sample and drag the sample into where I want it.

Come on props, update sample editor to a fully fledged sample editor.

Or am I missing something so I CAN convert to mono in the sample editor.
And yes I now I can use only one output to get mono or use devices to merge etc. but I want to convert to mono in the editor.

Psuper

21 Oct 2017

Aside from their GUI, this is my 2nd most asked for request - a greatly improved sample editor.

I'll say it again, Propellerhead needs to focus on their CORE DAW:
1 GUI.
2. Performance.
3. Options.
4. Back-end.

REs can't address any shortcomings in those areas, VSTs cant. Personal preferences cant. Yet Reason has a ton of shortcomings in exactly those areas.

It's getting increasingly more difficult to take it seriously as a DAW.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

QVprod

21 Oct 2017

Marc64 wrote:
21 Oct 2017
My mic only records mono but when I record into like nn-19 or so I get a stereo sample. It is needed a convert to mono option in the sample editor.
As I need to do now is to sample into an audio track as mono (can select mono or stereo only then) and bounce to new sample and drag the sample into where I want it.
Actually you can record mono directly into the nn-19 or any other sampler in Reason. You just have to disconnect one of the cables from the sampling input which is by default set to record from both inputs 1 and 2 of your audio interface. Image

If only one cable is plugged in it will record mono. If both are plugged in it will record stereo.

Marc64

21 Oct 2017

QVprod wrote:
21 Oct 2017
Marc64 wrote:
21 Oct 2017
Actually you can record mono directly into the nn-19 or any other sampler in Reason. You just have to disconnect one of the cables from the sampling input which is by default set to record from both inputs 1 and 2 of your audio interface. Image

If only one cable is plugged in it will record mono. If both are plugged in it will record stereo.
Ah Thank you, it was THAT simple :)

• Information