How good is ReTouch's Pusher for controlling devices?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MonsterRadioMan

17 Oct 2017

Hey all, new to the forum. I just recently got back into using Reason after having been away for YEARS. I stopped around Reason 5. With Reason 10 coming around the corner, I figured it was a good time to get back in, so I bought Reason 9.5 with the free update to 10. Anyways, I'm an Ableton user so I have a Push, and I've been checking out this Retouch software for Reason and it looks really awesome from it's promotional video. What I really can't tell from the video is how much control over the devices you really get. It's not exactly cheap for what is essentially a set of midi scripts so I don't really want to throw money on something that doesn't give me what I'm looking for. While it's really cool that you can use Ableton's controller scheme for inputting notes, I already have Ableton, and if that's the only advantage, I can just run it through ReWire and not have to spend any money. What interests me more is the level of control I can get over the devices themselves. I have a Remote SL and I just can't stand Automap and the way it maps things. It just grabs random parameters and throws them all over the place. I never use automap to be honest. If it works in a similar fashion then I'm not sure it's for me. I was curious what other users thought of it. I did a search through the forums but most seemed interested in the keyboard mapping, but as I said, I have Ableton. Anyways, looking forward either way to Reason 10!

Gorgon

18 Oct 2017

I have PusheR and I think it's fantastic. You have to keep in mind though that not all devices are supported, certainly not all RE's. It's also real nice for Kong programming and such (when used with Grid64g)

Have you read all this? http://retouchcontrol.com/pusher/
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Gross9978

18 Oct 2017

It works great and you get a good amount of control over a lot of devices. The developer also has top notch support!

Gorgon

18 Oct 2017

Gross9978 wrote:
18 Oct 2017
It works great and you get a good amount of control over a lot of devices. The developer also has top notch support!
This is true, if you have problems they'll help you out. Quick response too.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

MonsterRadioMan

18 Oct 2017

That's great to know! I'll probably end up buying it but I might wait a little bit before I do. I've been thinking of messaging the developer to see if there is planned support for the new coming devices in Reason 10. I don't expect all RE's to be supported (that would be a bit unrealistic), but native devices I feel should be for the price. Thanks for the quick responses you all!

ebbhead

18 Oct 2017

If you have a Push / Push2 and Reason then PusheR / PusheR2 is a no-brainer...very slick integration...nothing like Automap (I have a Remote SL2 - I just use that for any REs that aren't catered for in PusheR).

Gorgon

19 Oct 2017

You might also want to check out the manual to see all possibilities

http://retouchcontrol.com/wp-content/up ... 1.1.0-.pdf

MonsterRadioMan

19 Oct 2017

Gorgon wrote:
19 Oct 2017

Thanks so much, I was looking for this!

Gorgon

19 Oct 2017

MonsterRadioMan wrote:
19 Oct 2017
Gorgon wrote:
19 Oct 2017

Thanks so much, I was looking for this!
I was playing with it today. Together with Grid64g, it's fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. But you need another controller on the side for midi override stuff.

MonsterRadioMan

23 Oct 2017

I went ahead and bought. It's really great. It was a little weird to get used to at first since it's lay out is a bit different than it is in Ableton. Having the two together though is such a powerful combo.

• Information