REASON/RECORD WONT WORK

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
zawko907

17 Oct 2017

Looking for help here.
I bought Reason 4.0 for my son a long time ago. He is no longer with us and gone on to a better place. I, however I am stuck here with his Reason/Record. I quit making music about 2 years before his death. I started after I got all my gear back from him and his laptop with this awesome program on it. I started making some stuff and also recording some live stuff with the record program. I upgraded the OS and I can not use Reason/Record. Any ideas out there how I can get this amazing program to work again? HELP

scratchnsnifff

18 Oct 2017

zawko907 wrote:
17 Oct 2017
Looking for help here.
I bought Reason 4.0 for my son a long time ago. He is no longer with us and gone on to a better place. I, however I am stuck here with his Reason/Record. I quit making music about 2 years before his death. I started after I got all my gear back from him and his laptop with this awesome program on it. I started making some stuff and also recording some live stuff with the record program. I upgraded the OS and I can not use Reason/Record. Any ideas out there how I can get this amazing program to work again? HELP
If I were you, I would just update Reason. I believe I saw somewhere else that the new osx doesn’t seem to work with Reason. Contact the props if upgrading is out of the question
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Gorgon

18 Oct 2017

zawko907 wrote:
17 Oct 2017
Looking for help here.
Reason 4 isn't compatible with Record. So if you've been using Record, you've also been using another Reason version.

What do you mean you "can not use" Reason/Record? You getting any errors?
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

QVprod

18 Oct 2017

Actually Reason 4 was compatible with the first version of Record. It was Record 1.5 that worked with Reason 5.

To the OP, If it stopped working after upgrading the OS, then the programs may not be compatible with the OS you upgraded to. If by any chance you have access to your son's propellerhead account you can see if there is an updated install. If not, then the only option would be to upgrade to the current version of Reason (version 10 comes out next week). To do that of course you would need access to the account to get the upgrade price. If you're locked out of it, perhaps contacting Propellerhead and providing proof of purchase, if by chance you still have any, could get you access.

cgijoe

18 Oct 2017

I'm sorry for your loss. It must take a lot to return to his and/or your music and this program. I would contact Propellerhead for support but these guys are right. Reason 4 was not compatible with Record. I believe Reason 6 was the first to support Record, but I believe by 6.5 both Record and Reason merged into was is now just Reason.

I know it might set you back some $$, but I highly recommend upgrading Reason. If you upgrade now, you'll get the free upgrade for Reason 10 when it comes out later this month. Soooo many features have been added since v4, you can check out the wiki just to see what's new. All your old files will still be compatible with the latest versions

If this isn't feasible, maybe the Props can help you.

Good luck to you and hope you find joy in returning to music making.

- Joe

Gorgon

19 Oct 2017

QVprod wrote:
18 Oct 2017
Actually Reason 4 was compatible with the first version of Record. It was Record 1.5 that worked with Reason 5.
Oops, my bad. Thanks for the correction.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

• Information