Reason's poor cpu performance

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
moneykube

10 Nov 2017

botnotbot wrote:
10 Nov 2017
Hey no offence but that's super off topic.
yes.. sorry about that... it started on topic and moved off as more started happening... I'm just getting a bit frustrated here as you can see... support is working on all issues. back to cpu...
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

moneykube

10 Nov 2017

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 3.08.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 3.08.56 PM.png (260.76 KiB) Viewed 721 times
Fixed... topic back on track
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

CaptainBlack

10 Nov 2017

At the moment, I have one Omnisphere/Keyscape track, with inserts, one NN19 piano combinator track , three Octorexes playing loops and one Waves VST reverb send. It's telling me it's too slow to play the track. I'm still on 9.5 but WTF? I'm willing to accept the first track may be a RAM/CPU hog, but I could run loads of track before it even broke sweat prior to 9.5.

miscend

10 Nov 2017

kuniklo wrote:
17 Oct 2017
I've been doing some simple comparisons of Reason vs Live & Logic for cpu usage. My tests have consisted of looping various stock synths playing an init patch and stacking them up until I start to get audio dropouts on my Macbook Pro.

Unfortunately it seems like Reason is much less efficient than either Live or Logic, even running the built-in synths. Monitoring CPU & Energy usage confirms that Reason is much more resource hungry. Reason used to have a reputation for CPU efficiency. What happened? The new instruments in Reason 10 are appealing but I'm inclined to run VSTs in Live instead since I have so much more headroom and battery life that way.
Reason should be CPU efficient running stock devices. You should literally be able to run hundreds of tracks with RV7000s, NNXTs and Subtractors on a modern PC - no problem. Some tracks I made in earlier Reason versions with dozens of tracks don’t even cause even as much as a blip on the DSP meter when I open them now in version 9.

Generally I think resource utilisation shot up considerably when they introduced the SSL mixer compared to Reason 4.0. Then after that the introduction of REs and then VSTs also had an effect on resource utilisation and efficiency.

manuel radioact77

04 Jan 2018

Any news on this?

Propellereads i love you but you're bringing me down...

Peace :)

• Information