Migration from Reason 4 to 9.5

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Classic49

16 Oct 2017

This may be difficult to explain but the bottom line question is whether there is a way to link a track in the sequencer to an existing instrument?

The background is this:

I created a number of songs using Reason 4 rewired to Sonar X3. As a result, for each song, I have a Reason 4 file with the instruments set up and a Sonar cwp file with the MIDI tracks and a rewire connection between the two.

I now have Reason 9.5 and, as well as transferring to the new mixer, I want to remove the dependence on Sonar and the rewire and hold all the data in the Reason file. I don't know whether there is a simpler way to do this but my approach has been to import the MIDI file into the existing Reason file but I then have the original required instruments together with ID8 devices associated with the imported tracks. I want to connect the sequencer track to the original instrument and remove the ID8 instrument.

Other than replacing the ID8 device with the original instrument and going through the settings again, is there an easier solution?

normen

16 Oct 2017

Why don't you just "create sequencer track for device" by right-clicking your existing device and then moving the imported MIDI part from the ID8 to that track?

theshoemaker

16 Oct 2017

or import/open the midi in a new project and cut/copy and the paste into the existing.
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Classic49

16 Oct 2017

Thank you.

I have tried the method suggested by normen and it seems pretty straightforward. I have also learnt about adding note lanes for drum tracks rather than using multiple devices so a worthwhile exercise

Cheers for the speedy answers.

Aosta

16 Oct 2017

Wow! 4 to 9.5? You have quite a learning curve ahead. Enjoy it! :puf_smile:
Tend the flame

Classic49

16 Oct 2017

Aosta wrote:
16 Oct 2017
Wow! 4 to 9.5? You have quite a learning curve ahead. Enjoy it! :puf_smile:
Thanks. There is plenty to keep me occupied. I don't think I shall rush into v10 just yet lol.

• Information