Reason 10 Instruments and Sounds Live Stream

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Creativemind

13 Oct 2017

Hi All!

Just watching the Reason 10 Instruments and Sounds Live Stream and wondered what peoples thoughts are on it.

I'm just on Pangea.

One slight grumble I have which I noticed with Klang.....the time parameter on the reverb is in percent? sorry I forgot you measure time in a percentage. Should be in millesconds. Same with the release on the Amp ADSR I noticed. What's with this with Propellerhead? don't get me wrong, they're very nicely designed devices.

Anyway, what did people think of the 3 Soundiron devices etc?

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Reasonable man

13 Oct 2017

I cant find this on The Props facebook page or Youtube... anywhere it can be accessed?

Electric-Metal

13 Oct 2017

Try this ;)

:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Reasonable man

13 Oct 2017

Thanks

brand

13 Oct 2017

Great stream, and great instruments and sounds, I thought. I love that over-driven kalimba with key velocity. Radical Piano is pretty amazing.

Reasonable man

13 Oct 2017

Pangea kicks ass

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

13 Oct 2017

Maybe that's been updated?
From the new build.

New versions of Humana, Klang And Pangea
New versions of Drum & Loop supply ReFills
New versions of Europa and Grain.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

14 Oct 2017

I thought "the rest" looked pretty good.
I'll probably get the most use out of Europa, Grain and the new drum samples/loops myself. But the 3 new instruments seem nice and I might use them from time to time. I like the simplicity of them. I know some people would want to slap em all together into one device but I actually prefer it like this. Not a big fan of cramming as much as possible into one device. It's just more fun to work with smaller specialized devices imo. There's also more variation visually when they're seperated.

I don't see myself using Radical piano or Synchronous much, not because they're bad products or anything. They simply don't offer much for my music/workflow.

Pralijah

14 Oct 2017

Yes, Pangea did impress me the most as a separate one. But the combination of all the new devices with Grain and all the possible creative ways, makes it a neat package. I am tempted to upgrade, although I do would like some improvements also to the main DAW workflow design, both visual and actual, but as much as ppl in Reason user groups has stressing these needs, I sure hope PH will let some dev to work on those too.

I think this "all about the content" release is trying to bring a bit more life to the main Reason DAW after the RE of 6.5 and VST-support in 9.5, especially now with the new subscription models of RE´s.

Hand on heart, an update with new standard devices in Reason, was indeed needed, for the sake of the common ground. Still, offcourse, this makes it not as attractive upgrade for those who already have tons of VST´s and RE´s in the simular style.

Have no Beta yet, so undecided about the upgrade (being on 9.5).
Make music shake again!

madmacman

14 Oct 2017

Umm, I was curious about "Humana", because I like all kind of vocal stuff. Unfortunately it turned out to be a mix of the "Micro Mercury" and "Micro Olympus" products by SoundIron. The latter is available as ReFill and I own it already... so it would bring only the boy's choir to my sound library.

So my personal calculation: R10 minus Radical Piano, Synchronous, Humana. I also have plenty of drums (Battery) and loops.

Then it's a tough decision to buy the upgrade for Europa and Grain alone :?

JerrelTheKing

14 Oct 2017

Hmm this upgrade is one that shouldnt be viewed by whats in 10 alone but whats to come in 10.5 in fact all upgrades should be looked at in that light. I went from 7 to 9.5 because the browser change in 8 and whatever minor thing in 9 didnt do it for me. But the VST addition in 9.5 plus all the changes of 8 and the things 9 brought were compelling. going forward 10 is a solid update because of the instruments but also because 10.5 is probably going to be something amazing.

seqoi

14 Oct 2017

Creativemind wrote:
13 Oct 2017
Hi All!

Just watching the Reason 10 Instruments and Sounds Live Stream and wondered what peoples thoughts are on it.

Well my mind is blown away. So so much stugg. Grain, Europa and these new devices and loops can take you ages and then there's rest of stuff inside Reason.

I am literally blown away. A lot of fun for ages.

Kind regards

Gorgon

14 Oct 2017

JerrelTheKing wrote:
14 Oct 2017
but also because *insert version here* is probably going to be something amazing.
I've heard THAT before. :twisted:
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Mucrafta

14 Oct 2017

The klang re oder Form Sound irons tuned Micro Refill.

Creativemind

14 Oct 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
13 Oct 2017
From the new build.

What has?

Creativemind

14 Oct 2017

JerrelTheKing wrote:
14 Oct 2017
Hmm this upgrade is one that shouldnt be viewed by whats in 10 alone but whats to come in 10.5 in fact all upgrades should be looked at in that light. I went from 7 to 9.5 because the browser change in 8 and whatever minor thing in 9 didnt do it for me. But the VST addition in 9.5 plus all the changes of 8 and the things 9 brought were compelling. going forward 10 is a solid update because of the instruments but also because 10.5 is probably going to be something amazing.
But because we don't know what's coming in 10.1, 10.2 or even 10.5 there's no point in upgrading basically because what a certain user is waiting for from Reason may or may not come in those updates and then the user may get disappointed in his purchase. I can't see anything really dramatic coming in a point update myself (but I'm willing to be wrong) unless sales are dramatically poor and Propellerhead have to suddenly do what they did with the release of 8 and then release a significant 10.1, 10.2 and 10.3 versions.

esselfortium

14 Oct 2017

Creativemind wrote:
14 Oct 2017
I can't see anything really dramatic coming in a point update myself (but I'm willing to be wrong) unless sales are dramatically poor and Propellerhead have to suddenly do what they did with the release of 8 and then release a significant 10.1, 10.2 and 10.3 versions.
I don't think there's any evidence that point updates are linked to poor sales. Reason 2.5, 6.5, 7.1, 8.3, and 9.2 (I might be forgetting some?) all added some significant new functionality, whether it was as new devices, as plugin support additions, or something else.

I agree, though, that it's unwise to buy something based on what you think it might be in the future! If you're not feeling sold on 10.0, definitely wait for the next version that excites you more, unless you like wasting money on things you don't want :lol:
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

14 Oct 2017

Creativemind wrote:
14 Oct 2017
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
13 Oct 2017
From the new build.

What has?
"One slight grumble I have which I noticed with Klang.....the time parameter on the reverb is in percent? sorry I forgot you measure time in a percentage. Should be in millesconds. Same with the release on the Amp ADSR I noticed. What's with this with Propellerhead? don't get me wrong, they're very nicely designed devices."

But it has not, funny I just created a post about some of the same things, I will raise a bug about them.

buddard
RE Developer

14 Oct 2017

Creativemind wrote:
13 Oct 2017
One slight grumble I have which I noticed with Klang.....the time parameter on the reverb is in percent? sorry I forgot you measure time in a percentage. Should be in millesconds.
Try this in Klang: Set Reverb Time to 100%, and both Low and High Damp to 0%.
What happens? You get near-infinite decay, right?

Now, leave the Time at 100%, and crank both High and Low damp up to 100% as well.
What happens now? The reverb decays in a couple of seconds!

This is the case for most (if not all) reverbs. For instance, this is why the Reverb Decay knob in Resonans goes from 0-100 instead displaying seconds. :-)

Creativemind

14 Oct 2017

esselfortium wrote:
14 Oct 2017
I don't think there's any evidence that point updates are linked to poor sales. Reason
I didn't mean that...I just meant that in Reason 8, it appeared that the sales were poor (in my opinion, and judging by peoples reactions on here on what was included) and they quickly released (or within 2 or 3 months of each other) 3 point updates, and if I remember rightly they gave us more stuff to make up for it, things like 12 more colours in the colour pallet, RV7000 MkII, Reason Update Alerts within the Program itself etc to sweeten us over.

stratatonic

14 Oct 2017

JerrelTheKing wrote:
14 Oct 2017
Hmm this upgrade is one that shouldnt be viewed by whats in 10 alone but whats to come in 10.5 in fact all upgrades should be looked at in that light.... 10.5 is probably going to be something amazing.
So far in Reason the only x.5 updates have been 2.5, 6.5 and 9.5

I'm not quite sure why I keep reading posts here that suggest to buy something based on a probability that something groundbreaking will appear in the near future in a 10.5 update, so buy now on faith.
That's ridiculous. You buy when the perceived value is right for you. Now. If the value is not there, don't buy yet. Simple.
How difficult is that?
Personally, I can happily wait until R11 (or an earth-shattering 10.x update - unlikely, imo, but possible)

stratatonic

14 Oct 2017

Oh, yeah, the stream. I though it was pretty boring. Luckily i had it on in the background at work, so no life wasted...

The sample players are dull. Whether or not they are 3 units or all in one is probably just a matter of perceived value. Three Instrument seem MOAR than One. Propellerhead can now always add more of these in future upgrades. Some folks will get use out of them. Some won't.

The Rad Piano looks very cool. I don't know how many people already own it, but having it in the Reason Rack natively is a good thing. Lots of modifiers to tone for the RadPiano. Will definitely slip easily into any mix you are working on with minimal effort, imo.

3-4-5 GB of drum samples. Not exactly sure what the number is. That's a lotta samples and loops. Hopefully it won't be too hard to wade through them all. I didn't see any acoustic drums in the loops - rock, pop, metal etc That would be a shame. I'll have to wait and see what the official release brings to the table.
Creativemind wrote:
13 Oct 2017

WeLoveYouToo

14 Oct 2017

when he answered the question about why separate instruments rather than one combinator for the 3 sample players, i realized something.... in nnxt samples, you can easily edit, swap, and modify any one sample inside a round robin set, or per note, or whathaveyou. however, if the new samples are in a different file format, does that mean we cannot access the individual wavs that make up the sample patches in humana, klang and pangea?
couldnt tell from the stream.
but i do like the psychologic factor of separate devices, it makes a difference in how they get used if they "feel" like dedicated re's.

Steedus
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2017

I found it interesting how they decided to show them off. I don't know if trying to shoe-horn world instrument sounds into an EDM workflow really works. I cringed a few times when they tried to use them with chords or arps and it was all out of tune. These kinds of instruments can be great for adding character but not for how they showed them off. Just a personal thing I suppose.

I was initially excited about Humana, but it seems like it's just going to be your typical choir sounds. I have a few refills of choirs and they always sound too processed or re-pitched. I have one where a few notes sound really human, you can hear the air in the voice, but then most other notes sound smeared and highly edited.

Not to get too down on them though, I'll give them a good try when I can and still appreciate them being included in the first place.

jlgrimes

16 Oct 2017

stratatonic wrote:
14 Oct 2017
JerrelTheKing wrote:
14 Oct 2017
Hmm this upgrade is one that shouldnt be viewed by whats in 10 alone but whats to come in 10.5 in fact all upgrades should be looked at in that light.... 10.5 is probably going to be something amazing.
So far in Reason the only x.5 updates have been 2.5, 6.5 and 9.5

I'm not quite sure why I keep reading posts here that suggest to buy something based on a probability that something groundbreaking will appear in the near future in a 10.5 update, so buy now on faith.
That's ridiculous. You buy when the perceived value is right for you. Now. If the value is not there, don't buy yet. Simple.
How difficult is that?
Personally, I can happily wait until R11 (or an earth-shattering 10.x update - unlikely, imo, but possible)

Agreed. It would be one thing if Props told us there will be a 10.5 but we aren't even sure of that. So the best thing would be is if 10 doesn't have the features you desire just wait it out. Maybe a sale might come or a 10.5 comes which might have some cool new features.

• Information