How to get Matrix to modulate delay pan?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
JRIII86

13 Oct 2017

I'm trying to use the Matrix curve CV to get the pan of a delay signal to oscillate between left and right in time with the music, but getting frustrated. I feel like I must be missing something obvious. I have the delay pan knob set to centre, I set the CV to bipolar on the back of the Matrix and connected it to the pan input on the delay, I set the curve pattern to go back and forth in 8th notes, then set the delay also in 8th notes, but it doesn't seem to be affecting the panning at all. Even if I set the curve pattern all to one side, the delay signal just stays in the middle. Is there something I'm doing wrong with the connections? FYI, I have the delay set up as a send effect in the mixer.

esselfortium

13 Oct 2017

It's hard to say what the problem might be from this description. Could you post pictures of the front and back of the rack?
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Loque

13 Oct 2017

Which delay and what setup do you use? DDLs delay is quite specific and the "pan" on The Echo os not a panning, rather a feedback and offset control.

For a simple delay to pan, use a mixer inside a combinator. Connect your audio to a line channel, your delay to the send out, connect the delay output to a mixer channel instead of a send return, set it to full wet, connect you matrix to the mixer channels panning of the delay with unipolar. Now send your audio to the delay with the send fx knob.
Reason12, Win10

sdst
Competition Winner

13 Oct 2017

connecting the cv curve into de cv delay pan

If you want to see the action then you use the combinator

matrix curve cv into cv1 in combinator

in the combinator select delay / modulation routing / cv in 1/ pan

AttenuationHz

13 Oct 2017

Just use an LFO. Is the Aux button on? Please post a picture front/back to describe what you're seeing.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

JRIII86

14 Oct 2017

Oh sorry, I thought I had answered this already but I guess my post didn't go through. It ended up being a really stupid mistake. I soloed the track with the delay on it and didn't realize that had muted the matrix so it didn't have any effect. Don't use the matrix much! :P
Thanks for the help anyway!

• Information