For the props : What's up with the beta ???

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
RandyEspoda

11 Oct 2017

I'm seeing most already using the beta, though I've still heard NOTHING at all. No mail, no links, nothing on the site...

WHAT'S UP PH ???????? Did I sign up for nothing or what ???

Not cool.

scratchnsnifff

11 Oct 2017

joeyluck wrote:
11 Oct 2017
They invite beta testers in waves.
I must have been one of the first 50 people to sign up :p it was 430 am where I live and all the propellerhead stuff that gets posted online is usually around 5am my time so I know I must have been one of the first few. Still haven’t heard anything was/am a little disappointed however it’s no biggie because expanse is holding me over til the 25th I know il instabuy :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

RandyEspoda

11 Oct 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
11 Oct 2017

I must have been one of the first 50 people to sign up :p it was 430 am where I live and all the propellerhead stuff that gets posted online is usually around 5am my time so I know I must have been one of the first few. Still haven’t heard anything was/am a little disappointed however it’s no biggie because expanse is holding me over til the 25th I know il instabuy :)
Same here. as soon as it opened I subscribed...first are last it seems. Still not cool.

madmacman

11 Oct 2017

RandyEspoda wrote:
11 Oct 2017
first are last it seems. Still not cool.
Oh, please... really?

I think it's *very* cool if they jumble the list of subscriptions up. This seems to be the fairest approach.

(Nope, I'm also not in the beta, yet)

Gaja

11 Oct 2017

It’s not related to when you signed up. Between the time you signed up an the first wave several days have passed. Enough time for thousands to sign up. They randomly choose a certain number of people in the first wave and add increasing numbers over tge next waves. They did it like this since I first started beta testing Record (back in 2009). So it’s not surprising really and it’s completely cool, because they stick to what they know works well for them. Of course you want to test asap and I understand that quite well, but if you just accept their way of conducting beta tests you might have a better time until you get added.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Electric-Metal

11 Oct 2017

Gaja wrote:
11 Oct 2017
It’s not related to when you signed up. Between the time you signed up an the first wave several days have passed. Enough time for thousands to sign up. They randomly choose a certain number of people in the first wave and add increasing numbers over tge next waves. They did it like this since I first started beta testing Record (back in 2009). So it’s not surprising really and it’s completely cool, because they stick to what they know works well for them. Of course you want to test asap and I understand that quite well, but if you just accept their way of conducting beta tests you might have a better time until you get added.
Nailed it :thumbs_up:
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Aosta

11 Oct 2017

I think some people are confusing beta testing with early access. I would also think that signing up isn't a guarantee you will be chosen.
Tend the flame

RandyEspoda

11 Oct 2017

Electric-Metal wrote:
11 Oct 2017
Gaja wrote:
11 Oct 2017
Nailed it :thumbs_up:
Ok then. I just don't want to be the one that gets to betatest only days before release...would be almost pointless.
It's a company, they follow procedure and protocol, I know.
Still...

joeyluck

11 Oct 2017

For beta testing in general for anything, earlier and smaller waves of testers tend to find plenty of bugs. Letting everyone in at once can overwhelm the bug tracker; often resulting in many redundancies in bugs reported. Towards the end of testing when bigger bugs have been squashed, then the greater number of testers can be more helpful in finding the more obscure bugs and helping fine tune.

swamptooth

12 Oct 2017

joeyluck wrote:
11 Oct 2017
For beta testing in general for anything, earlier and smaller waves of testers tend to find plenty of bugs. Letting everyone in at once can overwhelm the bug tracker; often resulting in many redundancies in bugs reported. Towards the end of testing when bigger bugs have been squashed, then the greater number of testers can be more helpful in finding the more obscure bugs and helping fine tune.
This. The last beta was really a shitshow. Later testers duplicating bugs and really nebulous reports of issues. I wouldn't want to be on the team that siphoned through all that. Godspeed to the props. A public beta is not for the faint of heart.

• Information