Uninstalling old versions of Reason question

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Zac

11 Oct 2017

I have R7.1, 9.5 and the beta 10 installed on my PC but I now need to make some room on my hard drive. So since I've finally convinced myself I can live with the browser in 9.5 I want to uninstall 7.1. Thing is I don't want to lose any factory soundbanks that 9.5 or beta 10 needs.

I'm on Windows 10: When I look in Program Files/Propellerhead/Reason I have the folders for each version but only 7.1 seems to contain FSB (2.17Gb and Orkester). The 9.5 and beta 10 folders don't seem to contain the FSB even though I know for sure I DL the 2.7Gb beta 10 FSB. Are they somewhere else now?

Can I delete 7.1 through system manager without affecting the 9.5 or beta 10 soundbanks? I have to tether my phone to get on the internet and it costs me quite a bit so can't afford to lose the 9.5 or beta 10 FSBs... Any advice appreciated (I feel a bit dumb here).

Zac

11 Oct 2017

Do I need to get a props ticket for this? Or is it that it should be so obvious <maybe cringes>?

stratatonic

11 Oct 2017

I'm on mac, but I think they changed the location of Soundbanks beginning in R8. So you could do the point updates and not wipe everything out.
So dumping the R7 FSB should not be an issue.

You could put the R7 FSB on the desktop while getting rid of R7 - just in case...but I think you'd be good to go.
Zac wrote:
11 Oct 2017
Can I delete 7.1 through system manager without affecting the 9.5 or beta 10 soundbanks? I have to tether my phone to get on the internet and it costs me quite a bit so can't afford to lose the 9.5 or beta 10 FSBs...

Mich01

17 Oct 2017

From version 8 the factorysoundbanks are placed in the directory programdata on c-drive

• Information