Delete/Permanently hide crappy Rack Extentions

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Parameter

01 Oct 2017

Hello fellas,

I need a piece of advice from you.

Situation: My rack extension library is too cluttered(more than 150). I’m tired of scrolling through/typing in RE I need at a particular moment. I use maybe 30. The rest is crap I wish I could get rid of and never see it again.

Possible solutions Im thinking of right now:

1. Create favorite list for those 30 REs I’m using on regular basis. But the crap will stay in my library.

2. Delete crap from authorizer window. And make sure I update only REs I need. But itd be too much hassle to do it almost every day.

I wish I could simply login to my PH account and permanently delete all stuff I don’t need. But of course it doesn’t work this way.

Just please don’t tell me: Yu betta keep every piece of crap cuz yu never know which crappy rack extension will make your next world chart topping hit.

I look forward to your replies

Thanks

joeyluck

01 Oct 2017

The favorites feature coming in R10 should help alleviate this a bit.

Would be nice though to have an option in your account to uncheck a RE from the Sync All option and have it remembered in your account.

NekujaK

01 Oct 2017

joeyluck wrote:
01 Oct 2017
This is the first thing about Reason 10 that actually interests me. Where can I learn more about the new Favorites feature?
Thanks.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

joeyluck

01 Oct 2017

NekujaK wrote:
01 Oct 2017
joeyluck wrote:
01 Oct 2017
This is the first thing about Reason 10 that actually interests me. Where can I learn more about the new Favorites feature?
Thanks.
I don't think there is much more to learn about it. They showed it in the live stream. Looks like it will work the same as favorites lists now, except with the ability to add devices. You'll be able to group devices with your other patches/refills or just make lists with devices, etc.

Zac

01 Oct 2017

Big fan of ranking REs and Vsts in some way here.

Karim
Competition Winner

01 Oct 2017

joeyluck wrote:
NekujaK wrote:
01 Oct 2017
Thanks.
I don't think there is much more to learn about it. They showed it in the live stream. Looks like it will work the same as favorites lists now, except with the ability to add devices. You'll be able to group devices with your other patches/refills or just make lists with devices, etc.
I really didn't catch this feature at all... I followed the thing by my phone. Quite interesting tho...

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

MikeMcKew

01 Oct 2017

Karim wrote:
01 Oct 2017
joeyluck wrote:
I really didn't catch this feature at all... I followed the thing by my phone. Quite interesting tho...

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
Here's a link to the timestamp where they talk about it:

SteveDiverse

02 Oct 2017

joeyluck wrote:
01 Oct 2017
Would be nice though to have an option in your account to uncheck a RE from the Sync All option and have it remembered in your account.
I'd like to be able to uncheck it and have it *forgotten* on my account :)

I would also like a checkbox for "I want my money back" (mostly for the Uhbik-A) if/when a developer abandons the platform.
:reason: :reload: :record: :ignition: :refill: :re: | :rt: FTW

NekujaK

02 Oct 2017

joeyluck wrote:
01 Oct 2017
NekujaK wrote:
01 Oct 2017

Thanks.
This is great! :o Something I've wished for every time I use Reason. :thumbs_up:
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

mguh22

02 Oct 2017

If you contact Propellerhead support they can permanently remove some REs from your account if you want (they'll make you say you're sure you want to, as you'll have to buy them again if you want them back in your account!).

I did this a few years ago as I was tired of when I did a Sync All it bringing all my extensions back down again, when I'd decided against using some of them ever again. I'm assuming Props can still do something like this if you ask nicely! :)

Parameter

02 Oct 2017

mguh22 wrote:If you contact Propellerhead support they can permanently remove some REs from your account if you want (they'll make you say you're sure you want to, as you'll have to buy them again if you want them back in your account!).
Sounds good! Thank you

seqoi

02 Oct 2017

joeyluck wrote:
01 Oct 2017

Certainly that would be awesome and great. Far better then telling them to delete stuff you bought from your account.

joeyluck

02 Oct 2017

Yeah I don't think a feature to delete a license from an account is ever a good idea and something they would do. Too much room for an accident. Just being able to hide/not sync when syncing all would be good. If you're fast enough during the sync all process, you can hit cancel on the ones you don't want, but it can be pretty quick.

sot

02 Oct 2017

an option to be able to delete yourself only the free ones you don't want any more would be nice too
:reason: 10

C//AZM

03 Oct 2017

...and like, maybe a inactive RE folder where you could put them until you want them, then you put them back in the RE folder ... nevermind.

Exowildebeest

03 Oct 2017

joeyluck wrote:
01 Oct 2017
A way to customize the right-click menu would be a lot more useful to me, as that's the way I usualy create devices. Dragging from the browser is a lot more work and a pain to get it in the right place in the signal chain. With right clicking, I'm sure the created device is attached to the clicked device.

scratchnsnifff

03 Oct 2017

joeyluck wrote:
01 Oct 2017

I thought I heard mattias say something about a favorites or was he referring to the option in the browser for favorite patches?
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

joeyluck

03 Oct 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
03 Oct 2017
joeyluck wrote:
01 Oct 2017

I thought I heard mattias say something about a favorites or was he referring to the option in the browser for favorite patches?
Same favorites feature you are familiar with, except with R10 you can also add devices to those favorites lists

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2017

Parameter wrote:
01 Oct 2017
2. Delete crap from authorizer window. And make sure I update only REs I need. But itd be too much hassle to do it almost every day.
I don't get the "But itd be too much hassle to do it almost every day." part.
Why would you do it everyday?

I too delete REs from the authorizer sometimes if I know I won't be using them in the near future. But I delete them once and they are gone from my reason rack. No need to do it everyday. Am I missing something here?
It's not like REs gets an update everyday anyway and certainly not always the ones you care about.
Why not just scroll through your RE list in your account once a month or something and see if there's any update you care about?

Parameter

03 Oct 2017

C//AZM wrote:...and like, maybe a inactive RE folder where you could put them until you want them, then you put them back in the RE folder ... nevermind.
Great idea! I wish I could do this to my phone contacts as well.

Parameter

03 Oct 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:
Parameter wrote:
01 Oct 2017
I don't get the "But itd be too much hassle to do it almost every day." part.

I too delete REs from the authorizer sometimes if I know I won't be using them in the near future. But I delete them once and they are gone from my reason rack. No need to do it everyday. Am I missing something here?
When you own 150 or more you see updates popping up almost every day.

While I simply want to “uncheck and forget”.

per-anders

03 Oct 2017

Honestly I didn’t notice the favorites thing in there either, but that will help a lot. The browser needs some better filtering for sure, I hope they’ll add more favorite groups in the future so you can maybe have a set of sounds you use for certain soundtracks/songs/projects, then a different set for another ongoing project etc.

Parameter

03 Oct 2017

per-anders wrote:The browser needs some better filtering for sure, I hope they’ll add more favorite groups in the future so you can maybe have a set of sounds you use for certain soundtracks/songs/projects, then a different set for another ongoing project etc.
Yes. Reason needs tags. Custom TAGS(Matthias and the team, hope you’ll read it) assignable to each mfcking sound. Just like ones Cubase has. But Reason will not have tags anytime soon. Why - because there is no point to help your customers if your competition may stop being friendly to you. This is an example of nowadays business logic. I understand - the office is a tough environment, go try to find a similar job in overpopulated Stockholm and sht.....But....

Tags have been existed in every kind of library for thousands of years! This is why it’s so convenient to throw in a gig of samples and call it Reason X!

Better learn ways of working from FL Studio. Every month they release a FREE 0.0.0.1 update that is worth a solid 0.5 on Propellerheads scale.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Oct 2017

Parameter wrote:
03 Oct 2017
TritoneAddiction wrote: I don't get the "But itd be too much hassle to do it almost every day." part.

When you own 150 or more you see updates popping up almost every day.

While I simply want to “uncheck and forget”.
Sure, the system might not be absolutely perfect. Your suggestion is probably better. Maybe email Propellerhead your suggestion.
But honestly I don't see this as big problem.
I have around 90 REs. Just checked if there were any updates. There was one. It took a few seconds to scroll through all 90 REs. I still don't see the need to check for updates every day. Once a month is more than enough.
I probably spent more time with this comment than alone than I've done on updating my REs.

Delete the ones your not gonna use.
Make favorite device lists in R10 if needed. This is actually a good feature.
Problem solved.

• Information