Reaktor Spiral

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
joecaffrey

29 Sep 2017

Long time Reaktor user here. Haven’t used Reaon since version 4 but now with VST support I’m going to be switching. I was just wondering if Reason has any rack extensions or anything built in that does random step sequencing. I use Spiral and Nod-E heavily however, I want to use Reason and nothing else. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

kungubu

30 Sep 2017

joecaffrey wrote:
29 Sep 2017
Long time Reaktor user here. Haven’t used Reaon since version 4 but now with VST support I’m going to be switching. I was just wondering if Reason has any rack extensions or anything built in that does random step sequencing. I use Spiral and Nod-E heavily however, I want to use Reason and nothing else. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
There's nothing like Spiral or Nod-E in Reason or RE. The best step sequencer in Reason i still the Thor SQ - which can do some interesting stuff wired together with other Thors and other devices. However there are a few RE step sequencers: PSQ1683 is the most complex and nonlinear, it takes som time to get used to, but it's really powerful and fun to work with. StepNoteRecorder is a more traditional sequencer, but its also fun to use and pretty powerful when combined with itself or other devices, such as Euclid for example.
I have used the reaktor sequencers in Blocks for sequencing in reason. If you wire the cv to the audio out in Reaktor and then convert the audio to cv i Reason with Thor, it works perfectly – it even tracks pitch if you set the level out in Reaktor to -0.5. Haven't tried it with Spiral or Nod-E though.

joecaffrey

30 Sep 2017

Great thanks 👍🏻

Vince-Noir-99

30 Sep 2017

I'd also recommend checking the Players.

• Information