Europa Shapeshifting Synthesizer (Thread)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MattiasHG
Reason Studios

09 Oct 2017

miscend wrote:
09 Oct 2017
theshoemaker wrote:
08 Oct 2017

It's not! It runs very low on DSP even in the BETA. But to be fair, I didn't used all 3 OSCs. Still I think it won't consume a lot DSP
You're not in beta are you? I don't think you are allowed to talk it on here.
Then I can say it instead: Europa, even in the beta, is very nice in terms of how much resources it uses. :cool:

theshoemaker

09 Oct 2017

miscend wrote:
09 Oct 2017
theshoemaker wrote:
08 Oct 2017

It's not! It runs very low on DSP even in the BETA. But to be fair, I didn't used all 3 OSCs. Still I think it won't consume a lot DSP
I'm in BETA ... but I don't talk about anything that hasn't been shown in the Livestream. And if that violates the rules I ask for deletion of my post.
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

theshoemaker

09 Oct 2017

MattiasHG wrote:
09 Oct 2017

Then I can say it instead: Europa, even in the beta, is very nice in terms of how much resources it uses. :cool:
[/quote]

Thank you Matthias ... I've just been referring to the obvious you already stated. If that's not okay, just let me know :)
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Hypnoz

09 Oct 2017

Very excited for this!!! Glad to hear it’s great on resources as well!!

scratchnsnifff

12 Oct 2017

So kind of a general question, does anyone think that because we got new stock synths what wel see more updates on them? I believe the last time they updated a stock device besides the rv7000 was when malstrom got the AM and comb filters. It would be awesome if the props would keep adding small additions to the new flagship synths. For instance maybe every other Reason update add proprietary wavetables to Europa that’s something simple and would go a long ways, or once and a while add a new modifier mode. On the grain thread someone mentioned the ableton granulator and it’s FM function maybe in time the sub oscillator could be a modulator and it could FM the sample via the mod matrix or little knob. Just a thought :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Exowildebeest

12 Oct 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
12 Oct 2017
On the grain thread someone mentioned the ableton granulator and it’s FM function maybe in time the sub oscillator could be a modulator and it could FM the sample via the mod matrix or little knob. Just a thought :)
+1 This was the first thing I thought when I saw that sub osc.

I think updates to the new devices are much more likely than it used to be with old stock devices. The new devices are basically RE's, installed through [redacted]. I think (but I'm not sure) pushing updates to these devices is also possible this way, without installing a full Reason update.

AzureEyes

13 Oct 2017

That would be cool as well. That would kinda be like Sampler in Ableton!

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

scratchnsnifff

13 Oct 2017

AzureEyes wrote:
13 Oct 2017

Even with how both devices are at this moment, I for one will be busy for a while :D but it is always cool to see software instruments grow over time. Expanse is one of the best examples of an ever changing synth. Would be amazing if the props did that with Europa and grain

AzureEyes

13 Oct 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
AzureEyes wrote:
13 Oct 2017

Even with how both devices are at this moment, I for one will be busy for a while :D but it is always cool to see software instruments grow over time. Expanse is one of the best examples of an ever changing synth. Would be amazing if the props did that with Europa and grain
I hope they do too!

scratchnsnifff

15 Oct 2017

AzureEyes wrote:
13 Oct 2017
scratchnsnifff wrote:
I hope they do too!

Haha I always feel bad saying things like “this or that should be added” even before a release. But I suppose this case is different because it is being marketed as the new flagship synths. Therefore it should be treated like malstrom Thor etc :D the 25th isn’t far away

Re8et
Competition Winner

16 Oct 2017

The effect rearranging drag and drop is amazing! And the 4 cv in are pure gold :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :essentials:
Also it sounds very harmonic, FACT lead preset looks good for OOB composing.

moofi

11 Nov 2021

Coming from Reason 7 now on 12, initally exlporing Europa.
All I can say is: Simply beautiful.Thank you. :thumbs_up:

miscend

12 Nov 2021

moofi wrote:
11 Nov 2021
Europa is ace. I thought it was just OK at first but it's growing on me now. The modifiers and spectral filters are the highlights for me.

moofi

12 Nov 2021

Yes, those two are exceptionally pleasant. I´m very fond of the approach and the waveshaping possibilities. Almost feels like an eternal playground.

I aswell very much like the user waveform + smoothing user waveform possibility.
That way I can especially incoorperate waveforms deriving from modular recordings.
Also using custom drawn envelopes 3-4 as waveforms to morph between is quite inspiring.

The effect section is neat aswell, very much liking the distortion.

Overall it could use more INs and OUts, aswell for audio, at least regarding audio-IN from the standard filter onwards.
Then a seperate audio-Out for every engine would be smooth aswell.

Possibly in addition a bigger mod matrix could be handy, even more so with additional CV- and also several audio-INs for parameter audiorate modulation through external audio signals.
Then it´s already a beautiful device anyway.
Never really got along with Thor besides it´s technical possibilities.
Europa instead feels like home.

miscend wrote:
12 Nov 2021
moofi wrote:
11 Nov 2021
Europa is ace. I thought it was just OK at first but it's growing on me now. The modifiers and spectral filters are the highlights for me.

rootwheel

20 Dec 2021

miscend wrote:
12 Nov 2021
moofi wrote:
11 Nov 2021
Europa has aged really well. It's over 4 years old now but, especially since they updated it to allow User Waveforms, it's still the best Wavetable synth rack device available. It's both really CPU efficient and has a great workflow (unlike Expanse) and it also is integrated beautifully into Reason natively (unlike Serum).

Propellerhead/RS have had a real good run of synth products for quite a while now. Every single one of these has been brilliant:

Parsec 1/2 - 2013 - 2017
Europa - 2017
Grain - 2017
Complex-1 - 2018
Monotone - 2019
Friktion - 2020
Algoritm - 2021

• Information