Are there any clues in the Reason 10 advert?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Creativemind

24 Sep 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:
24 Sep 2017
What's that pyramidal thing on top of the rack?

Some kind of new-age device to put on your head for energy healing?
It's the new synth coming in 10.1. Pyramidi......A 3D Midi Egyption Synthesizer! it's got an Egyption minor preset. :D
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

raveled
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2017

Didn't see until now that they have carefully positioned an optical illusion under the desk, in the same style as the design of the Drum Supply image (on their webpage). Resembles blocks, maybe? Block wizardry related to drums on its way?

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2017

joeyluck wrote:
24 Sep 2017
Notice the one cube, maybe representing only part of the Reason logo and one of the three pillars; just the Rack. Perhaps hinting that point updates will come, each focusing on the Sequencer and the Mixer individually. Reason 10 is a milestone number and it's probably in their plans to knock it out of the park with each element of Reason; far too much to deliver in a single release.
:thumbs_up:

Goodbye

24 Sep 2017

I think the fact there is no power cable going to any of the devices is a hint that they have all their developers working on the iOS version which is why we have this embarrassment of a release.

Ostermilk

24 Sep 2017

joeyluck wrote:
24 Sep 2017
Notice the one cube, maybe representing only part of the Reason logo and one of the three pillars; just the Rack. Perhaps hinting that point updates will come, each focusing on the Sequencer and the Mixer individually. Reason 10 is a milestone number and it's probably in their plans to knock it out of the park with each element of Reason; far too much to deliver in a single release.

A rack featured in the image, because this is an update to the Rack? There is a tape machine because of the tape function in Grain? Furniture and decor looks to be from Ikea, because Sweden. When you play the audio backwards at the beginning, you hear a voice telling you that VST support will be removed in 11, but that you will still be able to run a copy of Reason 10 or previous in conjunction with Reason 11, but that it might be good practice to start bouncing in place.
Joey, I've told you several times to stop watching those TeleTubbies videos. No good will come of it I'll tell ya.

Ostermilk

24 Sep 2017

Goodbye wrote:
24 Sep 2017
I think the fact there is no power cable going to any of the devices is a hint that they have all their developers working on the iOS version which is why we have this embarrassment of a release.
Embarrassment? When a company releases a product? How does that work?

"Yeah, mom I can't go to school today because Heinz have brought a new line of beans out and everyone is going to laugh at me as a result!"

Oquasec

24 Sep 2017

that would be a good opportunity to put the layers RE there too. Cuz that's a radical piano situation.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Catblack

24 Sep 2017

Ostermilk wrote:
24 Sep 2017

Joey, I've told you several times to stop watching those TeleTubbies videos. No good will come of it I'll tell ya.
I have a two year old. This is her favorite TeleTubbies episode!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Palmeira

25 Sep 2017

How many triangles?

Aosta

25 Sep 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:
24 Sep 2017

Illuminati confirmed!! So disappointed props :(
Tend the flame

scratchnsnifff

25 Sep 2017

maybe the gigantic cube is a reference to blocks? i thought it was :cool:
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

dana

26 Sep 2017

joeyluck wrote:
24 Sep 2017

A rack featured in the image, because this is an update to the Rack? There is a tape machine because of the tape function in Grain? Furniture and decor looks to be from Ikea, because Sweden. When you play the audio backwards at the beginning, you hear a voice telling you that VST support will be removed in 11, but that you will still be able to run a copy of Reason 10 or previous in conjunction with Reason 11, but that it might be good practice to start bouncing in place.

I think i've got it..

The triangle above the racks signifies the rack becoming the single point of use within reason. Also, on the left side of the rack its lighted up, so its "highlighted"

The block with the 3 facets being pushed from the ground up, only one side highlighted, the rack.

The sequencer on the table has a ribbon going to the racks, like its a satellite lol. who knows.
Also the tape machine links to the racks as well with two cables.

The drum stool fading into the sequencer, a new drum sequencer?

And.. a rack full of premium compressors like joemeek, 1176, etc.

We can only dream..

scratchnsnifff

26 Sep 2017

dana wrote:
26 Sep 2017
joeyluck wrote:
24 Sep 2017

I think i've got it..

The triangle above the racks signifies the rack becoming the single point of use within reason. Also, on the left side of the rack its lighted up, so its "highlighted"

The block with the 3 facets being pushed from the ground up, only one side highlighted, the rack.

The sequencer on the table has a ribbon going to the racks, like its a satellite lol. who knows.

We can only dream..
I keep my tin foil hat nice and shiny as much as the next guy, but do you guys think they would actually put so much hidden meaning? I could see maybe the big mysterious block being a hint :p and the point update above the sequencer might be an obvious one as well. Idk I most certainly hope they would do fun trivial games with us like that; that'd be a awesome! Is there any indication in the past that they have?
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Vince-Noir-99

26 Sep 2017

Just saying...
Reason_10.jpg
Reason_10.jpg (153 KiB) Viewed 3125 times

FlowerSoldier

26 Sep 2017

I bet you 8cros would have some solid ideas.

RandyEspoda

26 Sep 2017

Not really sure why but first thing that popped in my mind when seeing the title

'Bobby is out for coffee, but Reason 10 is in'

was 'Robotic Bean'...

The dev is from Stockholm Sweden, and once mentioned in an interview with props that he would like to create some players for the rack...

Verifiable here on reasontalk : https://www.reasontalk.com/2017/03/robo ... the-beans/

What if he teamed up with props to develop a new player ? Would be nice too :)

miscend

26 Sep 2017

Oquasec wrote:
24 Sep 2017
that would be a good opportunity to put the layers RE there too. Cuz that's a radical piano situation.
And piss off the people who just bought it this month.

jlgrimes

26 Sep 2017

I'm starting to think we already saw the big stuff.

10 might have a few small enhancements but probably VST performance is probably their biggest priority right now after 10.0.

I'm guessing 10.5 or 10.1 or 10.2 might have some more bigger enhancements (probably track Freeze or more content or major usability improvements).

aeox
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2017

jlgrimes wrote:
26 Sep 2017

10 might have a few small enhancements but probably VST performance is probably their biggest priority right now after 10.0.

I'm guessing 10.5 or 10.1 or 10.2 might have some more bigger enhancements (probably track Freeze or more content or major usability improvements).
Isn't bounce in place pretty much the same thing as track freeze?

jlgrimes

26 Sep 2017

aeox wrote:
26 Sep 2017
jlgrimes wrote:
26 Sep 2017

No they are different.

Bounce in place is more of a way to quickly apply processing to selected clips/regions. Used mainly for editing audio or special effects. Even though it mutes your original clip it doesn't disable the device or make it unusable.

Freezing does a similar thing but it converts the whole track to audio but it also disable/lock your devices on the track from being manipulated. The main purpose is to save CPU so therefore if your PC could only handle one instance of DIVA, you could compose one track at a time freezing after each use ending up with making a whole song using how ever many instances of DIVA you need (dependent on Hard drive/Ram). This is how many users on other DAWS compose using only modest PCs.

You could technically do something similar with Bounce in Place but you would also have to delete each device on the track. The problem comes if you ever wanted to make adjustments to your track. Since you deleted the original track, could you recreate your whole device setup? Could you even remember what preset you used if you just used a preset? The beauty of Freeze is that it only disables/locks your devices so you could temporarily unfreeze, make adjustments then refreeze and be back in business. Bounce in Place also could create a track management issue since it creates additional tracks in your project you may/may not want.

Each DAW implements those functions slightly different.

Ableton only have freeze but also allows you to copy/paste frozen clips freely and still be able to Arrange and return to original state. It also have flatten which permanently convert frozen track to audio.

Unlike Reason, it doesn't have Bounce in Place. Also in Ableton you can't freeze any track that has side chaining (my guess Reason would have this limitation as well).

Studio One has both Track Freeze and Bounce in Place.
I think it supports freezing sidechained tracks. Studio One call Track Freeze "Track Transform".

Reaper at one time didn't have Track Freeze but since it has Macros, and hundreds of keybindable actions, users where actually able to implement Freezing before Reaper officially did.

aeox
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2017

jlgrimes wrote:
26 Sep 2017
aeox wrote:
26 Sep 2017

No they are different.

Bounce in place is more of a way to quickly apply processing to selected clips/regions. Used mainly for editing audio or special effects. Even though it mutes your original clip it doesn't disable the device or make it unusable.

Freezing does a similar thing but it converts the whole track to audio but it also disable/lock your devices on the track from being manipulated. The main purpose is to save CPU so therefore if your PC could only handle one instance of DIVA, you could compose one track at a time freezing after each use ending up with making a whole song using how ever many instances of DIVA you need (dependent on Hard drive/Ram). This is how many users on other DAWS compose using only modest PCs.

You could technically do something similar with Bounce in Place but you would also have to delete each device on the track. The problem comes if you ever wanted to make adjustments to your track. Since you deleted the original track, could you recreate your whole device setup? Could you even remember what preset you used if you just used a preset? The beauty of Freeze is that it only disables/locks your devices so you could temporarily unfreeze, make adjustments then refreeze and be back in business. Bounce in Place also could create a track management issue since it creates additional tracks in your project you may/may not want.

Each DAW implements those functions slightly different.

Ableton only have freeze but also allows you to copy/paste frozen clips freely and still be able to Arrange and return to original state. It also have flatten which permanently convert frozen track to audio.

Unlike Reason, it doesn't have Bounce in Place. Also in Ableton you can't freeze any track that has side chaining (my guess Reason would have this limitation as well).

Studio One has both Track Freeze and Bounce in Place.
I think it supports freezing sidechained tracks. Studio One call Track Freeze "Track Transform".

Reaper at one time didn't have Track Freeze but since it has Macros, and hundreds of keybindable actions, users where actually able to implement Freezing before Reaper officially did.
Mmm, I see the problem now. Never really experienced it though, or any CPU issues when bouncing in place. Seems like the CPU drain is from the actual unbounced tracks being played, not sitting idle. Although it does consume some CPU.

I'm sure they will figure something out eventually. Icing on the cake.

Karim
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2017

aeox wrote:Yea. Who is bobby, what kind of coffee does he drink?
I think is a drug user... (the coffee was just an excuse to leave the desk [emoji16])

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Karim
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2017

This one... [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]Image

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

jlgrimes

27 Sep 2017

dana wrote:
26 Sep 2017
joeyluck wrote:
24 Sep 2017

I think i've got it..

We can only dream..

It sounds like a new Rack compressor. Kind of like a Thor which does many forms of synthesis. This would emulate several vintage compressors.

The Pyramid is probably a new concept. But what are Pyramids made out of (Blocks)? Probably something to do with Sequencer/Arrange window.

A few Blocks probably signifies an update to Blocks. Maybe a new type of Rack Module which lets you trigger Blocks in realtime and record the arrangement (maybe that's what tape signifies).

Drum stool, probably a Drum assistant tool like Logic which mimics drummers playing along to track.

The Reverb unit looks like a lex 224 emulation.

I doubt any of that is coming in 10.0. (It also could be just whatever the artist wanted to draw at the time).

I'm pretty sure we will get good minor releases on 10 though.

AttenuationHz

27 Sep 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:
24 Sep 2017

Vince-Noir-99 wrote:
26 Sep 2017
Just saying...
Reason_10.jpg
Illuminati confirmed!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information