Reason 9.5.2 is now available!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jappe

28 Oct 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:
28 Oct 2017

I don't know about disappeared automatically, but—typical!— no, after several occurences that led up to me making that post, the bastard thing hasn't happened since. When you don't want an issue you get issues, and when you want issues to trigger cos you've got diag tools running that might help figure out the cause, the fuckers go into hiding. ;)

I'm gonna stop the diag tools.

(There, now I've torn it and tempted fate... :lol: )
:D
So there's at least hope.
I'm going to make an effort to solve the problem by trying 1 action at the time and checking afterwards.

My assumption is that this is something that affects both Reason on Mac + Reason on PC since I got troubles simultaneously on both even though the Mac problem was different.
With that assumption, it looks like it could be some problem related to RE licenses or Authorization?

AttenuationHz

28 Oct 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:
28 Oct 2017
jappe wrote:
28 Oct 2017

Hello,

did this problem disappear automatically?

I have the same problem suddenly now when trying to same my most recent projects (opening works fine), and I have some more information to add

I'm working with the same projects on PC and MAC, version 9.5.2d21 build 8.636, and that version has worked fine for me until now.

ON PC Windows 8.1, Intel i5-4430 3GHz 16GB, iRig keyboard + Balance audio interface:
* An error message telling that there was some problem with the Carve RE popped up.
* Trying to save a preexisting project: I get that HardwareException
* Creating and saving a new file works fine
* Opening and saving a version of the project that's a few days older works fine (the version before and including 2017-09-30 works, the next version of the project I have is from 2017-10-12 and that fails.
* Same problem after restarting the PC
* Disk seems to work perfectly fine in other applications

ON MAC: (OSX Sierra 10.12.6, MBP Retina 115 inch mid 2014)
* While troubleshooting this, I closed reason on my PC, and tried to open Reason (with the default empty project) on my mac: got an error 'you can't open the application "Reason" because it may be damaged or incomplete"'
(This has never happened before, so it feels related to my problem on Reason PC)
I don't know about disappeared automatically, but—typical!— no, after several occurences that led up to me making that post, the bastard thing hasn't happened since. When you don't want an issue you get issues, and when you want issues to trigger cos you've got diag tools running that might help figure out the cause, the fuckers go into hiding. ;)

Murphy's Law.....
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

woodsdenis

01 Nov 2017

Do Props usually to updates to the older version.(9.52 in this case)when the newest version has been released ?

WongoTheSane

01 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
28 Oct 2017
JiggeryPokery wrote:
28 Oct 2017

Murphy's Law.....
Technically, not Murphy but Heisenbug, as observing the bug makes it disappear. </pedantic rant>

AttenuationHz

01 Nov 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
01 Nov 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
28 Oct 2017

Murphy's Law.....
Technically, not Murphy but Heisenbug, as observing the bug makes it disappear. </pedantic rant>
:thumbs_up: :lol:
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Gorgon

02 Nov 2017

Why is this still a sticky?
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

selig
RE Developer

02 Nov 2017

Gorgon wrote:
02 Nov 2017
Why is this still a sticky?
Done, thanks for the heads up!
Selig Audio, LLC

AttenuationHz

09 Nov 2017

Just got a Hardware Exception there in 10. Saving triggers it got an unknown exception first when I connected a CV cable through the menu (something I never do!) connected to pitch bend on a VST that doesn't even have a pitch bend wheel! Removing the CV cable caused the exception. Can't save the file! Guess I'll just have to leave the PC on indefinitely....

Edit: it was an unacceptable exception! That was a close one I'm nearly finished the track I am working on just applying finishing touches. Have not saved in a while and got a lot done in that time.

Radian

10 Nov 2017

I have two computers that I use to write music with Reason. One is at work (desktop, Win7), one is at home (laptop, Win10). The work computer does not have all of my Rack Extensions installed (I know because I tried to use Polar and Synchronous today, and neither was there). I have saved 3 songs (versions of the same song) in the past day, and opened them multiple times from that computer. I have also opened many songs on the Desktop that I worked on with the Laptop.

However, when I return home and open the file(s), I get the "File has bad format" bug. This sounds like a bug in 9.2, where uninstalled REs would "corrupt" the format. I have 9.5.2 installed on both of my computers, so this seems to be a different version of that bug (it appears the 9.2 bug stopped you from opening the file at all, but I can still open it on one computer).

I will try to submit a bug to Propellerhead, but I was wondering if there was a workaround? I have a 3rd computer I could install Reason on (without any REs to start) and try to open the file there as well.

Another question is: If I install all my REs on my work computer, will that then prevent me from opening the file?

Small update: Had 9.2.2 on another computer, and it had out of date REs. So I ran without REs, and it opened the file(s). I will see if I can get 9.2.2 on this computer (laptop with all the REs) and see if the problem is specific to 9.5.2, or is an RE problem.

Thanks for any help,
Luke

Radian

10 Nov 2017

UPDATE: 9.2.2 opened the "File has bad format" files on the computer with more REs (though it now says I don't have Antidote installed when I did before, I assume I can reinstall it without problem). I will report the additional details to Propellerhead. I don't use VSTs (currently), so don't need 9.5, but I doubt everyone on 9.5.2 will have the option to go back to 9.2.2 if they encounter this bug.

avasopht
Competition Winner

11 Nov 2017

Radian wrote:
10 Nov 2017
UPDATE: 9.2.2 opened the "File has bad format" files on the computer with more REs (though it now says I don't have Antidote installed when I did before, I assume I can reinstall it without problem). I will report the additional details to Propellerhead. I don't use VSTs (currently), so don't need 9.5, but I doubt everyone on 9.5.2 will have the option to go back to 9.2.2 if they encounter this bug.
I would suggest running scandisk.

• Information