Reason 10 announced!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
apostrophedave

22 Sep 2017

not bad at all but nothing a really need right away so im going to keep my fingers crossed that theres more workflow improvements in the (hopefully free) 10.5 update.
its almost too strange that there has been no other changes to the core program apart from new devices so there must be other things being worked on the last year that they are holding back. i suppose europa and grain look like they would have taken a lot of work to develop but everything else is just repackaged samples right? this couldnt be everything that propellerheads staff have to show since version 9 and 9.5?

so will radical piano be included in the exe or will it just be downloadable from the store for free? radical piano alone is 300 mb right? i dont know why they dont just strip out all the devices core reason so its a 50mb download and then add some UI to reason to make it easy to set it up with the devices you want... maybe some one click buttons for downloading all devices in one go or just download them in groups like all the classic devices, or all synths etc. there are still a few devices i never touch like the nn19 or those half unit effects which just take up space in the browser (which is getting more crowded as the years go on) and this must be the case for other people as well where they dont need certain devices ever but they still have to download.

Karim
Competition Winner

22 Sep 2017

HHHAAHAHA! True story! :mrgreen: :lol:

[/quote]

Reason is never easily searchable on google you always have to search Propellerhead. Reason 10 search will bounce back results for the reason why Windows 10 is shit more than ever before. :lol:
[/quote]
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

ltbrunt00

22 Sep 2017

I'm not complaining, a lot of us will be upgrading including myself.

Layers seemed like it should be packaged with R10.

All I want right now is VST optimization and stability fixes. Also was hoping for some new player type devices. Maybe R10 isn't the Milestone Version. Maybe that will come next year. I said it before Reason 9.5 IMO was an epic release and could have been called R10.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Jagwah

22 Sep 2017

syrokitty wrote:
22 Sep 2017
...there're...
Woah! Never seen that one before! :puf_bigsmile:

craven

22 Sep 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
22 Sep 2017

From a business point of view it is very clever. [...] It is a cynical mindset I have granted but its the truth!
Smart business move, indeed - I thought the same. In terms of workflow changes (and maybe a new player device) I'm curious about a possible 10.5 update. At this point we take it for granted.
:ugeek:

chimp_spanner

22 Sep 2017

ltbrunt00 wrote:
22 Sep 2017

All I want right now is VST optimization and stability fixes. Also was hoping for some new player type devices. Maybe R10 isn't the Milestone Version. Maybe that will come next year. I said it before Reason 9.5 IMO was an epic release and could have been called R10.
I mean, personally 9.5 and 10 are so close together as to be one update, to my mind. I would've paid for VST support if I had to, and there's stuff in here I do want to pay for. So *shrugs* it's whatever! 10.5 is gonna be very interesting. Absolutely no doubt about that!

EdGrip

22 Sep 2017

Props just retweeted this tweet:

"@PropellerheadSW #Reason10 huge update eta 25/10 : spotted three potent letters; KBD = #AFX style #microtuning > v rare in V synths + DAWs😀 https://t.co/B6c96n3CyP

Dunno if that means anything to anyone.

EDIT: I should add that the KBD in question is on a screenshot of Europa's osc.

chimp_spanner

22 Sep 2017

EdGrip wrote:
22 Sep 2017
Props just retweeted this tweet:

"@PropellerheadSW #Reason10 huge update eta 25/10 : spotted three potent letters; KBD = #AFX style #microtuning > v rare in V synths + DAWs😀 https://t.co/B6c96n3CyP

Dunno if that means anything to anyone.

EDIT: I should add that the KBD in question is on a screenshot of Europa's osc.
I think it just means that, like Thor, they have variable keyboard tracking, like real analogue style synths! But yeah, it is very uncommon to see in mainstream synths, for sure.

Another thing people might not've realised is that Reason got a .x update today.

Reason 9.5.2 / Reason Essentials 9.5.2 Release Notes

Reason 9.5.2 and Reason Essentials 9.5.2 are now compatible with macOS High Sierra
Improved file system handling
(Mac) Moved location of cache files for plugin screenshots, plugin registry and more
Improved plugin window focus handling on Windows, removed associated menu option
Fixed an issue with time signatures when importing MIDI
Fixed an issue that would cause Maschine to not play the first note in the sequencer
Fixed an issue where a VST GUI could sometimes disappear
Optimized reading of Remote map files
Made plugin window open button remotable, "Proxy Open Plugin Window"

Small changes, BUT, it shows that work is ongoing on the core program. So, interesting times ahead I think...

**Edit: in fact, quite a significant update in that it appears to rectify the problem some VSTs had where menus wouldn't work unless you changed the VST keyboard focus option. That option is now gone and the plugins seem to just work as they ought to now. Noice!
Last edited by chimp_spanner on 22 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Tumble

22 Sep 2017

I wonder why the hold up with HDPi. I thought all REs were made to be scalable from the onset and that only older devices needed a facelift?

AttenuationHz

22 Sep 2017

ltbrunt00 wrote:
22 Sep 2017

:lol: I guarantee you Layers was supposed to be in this 10 update. If that was the case it was very foolish decision taking it out of 10 and releasing it standalone (it's very weak on its own imo) as a new device packaged with the other new devices 10 may be worth an update though.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Heater

22 Sep 2017

I upgraded this year. I should have waited.

AttenuationHz

22 Sep 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:
22 Sep 2017

Made plugin window open button remotable, "Proxy Open Plugin Window"

Small changes, BUT, it shows that work is ongoing on the core program. So, interesting times ahead I think...
That is the best part! Probably the most requested feature I sent a request myself I'm sure others did too. :thumbs_up:
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Loque

22 Sep 2017

Heater wrote:
22 Sep 2017
I bought a TV a few years ago. Should have waited for 8k.
Reason12, Win10

syncanonymous

22 Sep 2017

at this rate my next upgrade will be Reason 12

and Reason 12 will launch in 18 mos :P

I went Reason 1...2.5...4...8

it's only logical...maybe by then VST performance will be stellar

can the subscription trend be far away? Although, it seems the rent is high enough ;-)
Last edited by syncanonymous on 22 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

sot

22 Sep 2017

TWO things i want most... more intuitive sequencer with better flow like painting on blank canvas with real paint (something that is better than other daws have) and vector scalable gui! i was ready to upgrade when i hear the news but i think i'll wait again :/ (yeah i want a real paint program in reason :mrgreen: )
Last edited by sot on 22 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: 10

Exowildebeest

22 Sep 2017

At this rate of development we'll see 10.X half a year after this. Which'll be a workflow oriented update again.

My guess is they need more time for things like the HD GUI overhaul and this is to keep people occupied for a while - plus it caters to the people who've been wanting new stock devices for a long time.

AttenuationHz

22 Sep 2017

Loque wrote:
22 Sep 2017
Heater wrote:
22 Sep 2017
I bought a TV a few years ago. Should have waited for 8k.
That is completely different than a software update. If you bought an 8k ready TV and all that was missing was some lines of code to make true 8k work properly how would you feel about having to pay for it?!

PurpleMonkeyDishes

22 Sep 2017

Nice update if that is what we needed, but I have to agree that it seems Propellerhead have now stopped taking users into consideration. I did expect big things from R-X and once again the Swedes had the earplugs in so as not to hear us. So frustrating!
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

AttenuationHz

22 Sep 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:
22 Sep 2017
At this rate of development we'll see 10.X half a year after this. Which'll be a workflow oriented update again.

My guess is they need more time for things like the HD GUI overhaul and this is to keep people occupied for a while - plus it caters to the people who've been wanting new stock devices for a long time.
Would you pay for an update that would add Vector or is that pushing it too far.

pjeudy

22 Sep 2017

Ok I'm gonna write this before watching the full video.

In R10 what I want to see is serious upgrades to the Mixer, sequencer, Midi editing ,audio editing windows, browser with real time time-stretch and sync with host BPM.

Oh....yea of course new devices. Ok now let's see the full video.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Loque

22 Sep 2017

syncanonymous wrote:
22 Sep 2017
at this rate my next upgrade will be Reason 12

and Reason 12 will launch in 18 mos :P

I went Reason 1...2.5...4...8

it's only logical...maybe by then VST performance will be stellar

can the subscription trend be far away? Although, it seems the rent is high enough ;-)
Since you nearly doubled the versions, you need to come back on R16.
Reason12, Win10

EnochLight

22 Sep 2017

deepndark wrote:
22 Sep 2017
EnochLight wrote:
22 Sep 2017

While Synchronous, Matrix, Alligator, and Players Dual Arp all carry some feature parity, each one couldn't be more different when it comes down to exactly what they do. You of all people should know this, having been around for some time!? I mean, unless you never really spent any time using each one?? :shock:
SKIP...
That's a shame. You should spend some time with them!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EdGrip

22 Sep 2017

I sometimes have trouble getting the screen/qwerty piano to stay focused on a VST after I tweak the VST or switch patches. Maybe this will sort that out.

Sorped

22 Sep 2017

To all the snowflakes who are pissed off their most wanted feature isn't included - relax! PH can't cater to all of us at once. We got VST in 9.5, new devices in 10 and I'm pretty sure the future versions will have new features too...
Alio Modo: SoundCloud
-----------
Born to lose, live to win.
Don't forget to back up your projects! :thumbs_up:

AttenuationHz

22 Sep 2017

pjeudy wrote:
22 Sep 2017
Ok I'm gonna write this before watching the full video.

In R10 what I want to see is serious upgrades to the Mixer, sequencer, Midi editing ,audio editing windows, browser with real time time-stretch and sync with host BPM.

Oh....yea of course new devices. Ok now let's see the full video.
Watch the video and try not to keep your mouth open with shear shock and horror.

https://media.giphy.com/media/10V2NtDmZ4lAek/giphy.gif

• Information