Reason 10 announced!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stfual

28 Sep 2017

More and more I'm wondering why Release 10 wasn't the VST integration. It would have been a very easy sell to most users as it was a huge change and I definitely would have paid for it. In analysing my own feelings on the subject I feel grumpy now because they are pitching me stuff i already own and the incremental value to me of the synths and samples isn't doing it for me because I own a lot of Res and a fair number of VSTs.
It probably had something to do with the acquisition timing and counting money but with hindsight it does seem like an odd way to do things. 10 could have been VST with a couple of Synths. . 10.5 could have been VST fixes with some sweet freebies. I recognise the logic flaw in above. What are you complaining about you got VST for free. But these purchases are well down the list of discretionary for most of us and therefore emotions guide more than logic. That's what i feel.
Anyway I wont be buying Reason 10 on release. If they want to cheer me up and give me a token discount voucher code for the devices I already own or fix the Musiclab VST devices I reported not working I might think about it. Otherwise I'll see what's in 10.5 or 11.

aeox
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2017

stfual wrote:
28 Sep 2017
More and more I'm wondering why Release 10 wasn't the VST integration.
It would take the spotlight away from Europa and Grain.

kimothebeatmaker

29 Sep 2017

i really hope they fix the graphics glitchy slow down and frame rate issues for Mac OS Sierra. I am using a GTX 970 inside of my Mac Pro (pre trash can model)....and it lags like heck.

DSP spikes through the roof with kong....yes just KONG.
"Cocaine and Prostitutes"

deepndark

29 Sep 2017

Hey, at what time will Props do that FB show about Reason 10? My timezone is +02.00 here in Finland.

Loque

29 Sep 2017

deepndark wrote:
29 Sep 2017
Hey, at what time will Props do that FB show about Reason 10? My timezone is +02.00 here in Finland.
If you check out the facebook page it should show you your time.
Reason12, Win10

deepndark

29 Sep 2017

Loque wrote:
29 Sep 2017
deepndark wrote:
29 Sep 2017
If you check out the facebook page it should show you your time.
Thanks bro - it starts 7pm (19:00) here in Finland. :puf_smile:

chimp_spanner

29 Sep 2017

5pm in England. Should be good!

miscend

29 Sep 2017

kimothebeatmaker wrote:
29 Sep 2017
i really hope they fix the graphics glitchy slow down and frame rate issues for Mac OS Sierra. I am using a GTX 970 inside of my Mac Pro (pre trash can model)....and it lags like heck.

Glitchy graphics are also a symptom of GPU failure. My old MB glitched for about a year before it eventually died.

esselfortium

29 Sep 2017

kimothebeatmaker wrote:
29 Sep 2017

That's really weird, I haven't experienced anything remotely like this with Sierra with an i7-4790k and GTX 980.

I don't have a 4k/Retina display though, just a regular 1080p, which might be making a difference here -- what resolution is your display?
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Zac

29 Sep 2017

I'm not on Facebook, do I need an account to watch the show?

I had dreamed of having the beta to play with this weekend... Ahh well, it has been an abundance of riches recently.

aeox
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2017

Zac wrote:
29 Sep 2017
I'm not on Facebook, do I need an account to watch the show?

I had dreamed of having the beta to play with this weekend... Ahh well, it has been an abundance of riches recently.
I don't think you actually need an account, could be wrong though!

sdst
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2017

Exowildebeest

29 Sep 2017

Stream has started.

tobypearce

29 Sep 2017

This is one exciting synth
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

tobypearce

29 Sep 2017

Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 17.50.58.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 17.50.58.jpg (391.97 KiB) Viewed 2863 times
This screen grab from the Facebook expo on Europa appears to show that there are some changes to Reason that go beyond just the introduction of the synths themselves.

The browser features both the image of the instrument and some patches directly underneath it.

Perhaps there is more than reaches the eye with the Reason 10 update.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

pjeudy

29 Sep 2017

tobypearce wrote:
29 Sep 2017

This screen grab from the Facebook expo on Europa appears to show that there are some changes to Reason that go beyond just the introduction of the synths themselves.

The browser features both the image of the instrument and some patches directly underneath it.

No one is or should be surprised that there might be other changes ..... those other changes for what ever reason where not included in the R10 promo video which is the video meant to get you pumped to buy R10.

... But I'm sure that they will be welcomed none the less.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

aeox
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2017

Man, what a synth.

CaliforniaBurrito

29 Sep 2017

Yeah that is gonna be rock hard dope.

joeyluck

29 Sep 2017

tobypearce wrote:
29 Sep 2017

Yes, we will now be able to add devices to favorites lists. So you can create favorites lists of just devices if you like or alongside patches as well :puf_smile:

Loque

29 Sep 2017

I like this favorite feature, hopefully it helps me to organize all my devices.

Europa sound quite promising. Sadly, they did not added a bit more CV for some basic stuff, so this will quickly eat up my Mod Matrix slots :-(
Reason12, Win10

Zac

29 Sep 2017

Mattias mentioned it's a favourites list. Look to the left 'best of europa' folder...?.. I'm late to the party^^

I watched an hour of it and enjoyed it, shame it was mono for me, but still excited to have a play myself.

Emian

29 Sep 2017

Loque wrote:
29 Sep 2017
I like this favorite feature, hopefully it helps me to organize all my devices.

Europa sound quite promising. Sadly, they did not added a bit more CV for some basic stuff, so this will quickly eat up my Mod Matrix slots :-(
agreed ! i hoped they added dedicated CV input for Wavetable position , the modifiers & the spectral filter frequency...

But Europa does sound very useable tough !

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

sdst
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2017

my first impression of Europa synth is very good

they did a great job with the interface, it looks very easy to use

Exowildebeest

29 Sep 2017

Europa seems awesome. I'm impressed. It obviously took some inspiration from Expanse and there's no shame in that. It adds its own cool features and unique oscillators and filters.

A little bit of constructive criticism:

- I'd love to see audio input for the main filter and fx, as was mentioned. Especially since a big deal was made about that filter, and it does indeed sound amazing.

- The backside is disappointing. Only 4 cv ins that'll have to eat up mod matrix slots. Take a look at the backsides of Expanse and The Legend - that's how it's done :) At the very least add a cv in for the main filter cutoff.

- It lacks a built-in sequencer. I understand this was probably sacrificed in favour of the envelopes (same goes for the simplicity of the LFO's). But a sequencer can add a lot to a synth, as I've come to learn from using Expanse. I don't think the envelopes are a real replacement, I didn't see them snapping to pitch values or anything. Anyway I don't see a sequencer being added so I guess I'll resort to Combinator patches with a Matrix.

RoryM0

29 Sep 2017

Europa looks and sounds awesome. Really love the dynamic nature of the wavetables and spectral filter, will be brilliant for the sort of imperfect pads and leads I like, things that sound like they're teariing apart or breaking down. Go.

• Information