Reason 10 announced!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

xRwu8

22 Sep 2017

just got the YouTube alert...

omfg Grain. just take my money
:reason: :recycle: :refill: :re: :rt:

Faastwalker

22 Sep 2017

Apart from Grain one of the most underwhelming updates so far. Will definitely upgrade though. But I always imagined version 10 would be something of a milestone. The video doesn't mention anything beyond the new instruments and the addition of Radical Piano and Synchronous. Almost forgot about Europa. That looks very cool as well. I'll definitely get this. Just expected a little more for the big X release.

Creativemind

22 Sep 2017

Wow! they look great additions to Reasons rack but can't help thinking, why didn't they update some of the devices they already have such as the Combinator, Thor and the NN-XT?

I am hoping as well, this isn't all they're giving us. What about more midi editing /audio editing and actual workflow features. Think the devices they've added look awesome (and know they will be) but surely they've added some ACTUAL features as well. I'm excited but also a bit gutted as well (if this is all there is). Which if they had added anything more substantial in terms of workflow, it would've been included in the video so I'm guessing not unless they're gonna give us a point update before the years out or something.
Last edited by Creativemind on 22 Sep 2017, edited 3 times in total.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

woodsdenis

22 Sep 2017

So new content but no change to the engine ?

Goodbye

22 Sep 2017

If this is it, then they haven't listened to anything their users have been saying. At all.

It actually looks like they haven't updated the app in any way.

They are saying 'The Biggest Update. Ever', when is is clearly not even close. This is the Trump way, say the exact opposite of the truth but do it really really loud and with conviction.
Last edited by Goodbye on 22 Sep 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Creativemind

22 Sep 2017

Faastwalker wrote:
22 Sep 2017
The video doesn't mention anything beyond the new instruments and the addition of Radical Piano and Synchronous. Almost forgot about Europa. That looks very cool as well. I'll definitely get this. Just expected a little more for the big X release.
I was kind of hoping the same Faastwalker and for those people who've already purchased Radical Piano and Synchronous (or got it free with 7.1) aren't gonna be that excited about those additions are they.

I never upgraded to 9 though from 8.3 so I am gonna upgrade this time. With the addition of VST and the features of 9, going from 8.3 to 10 seems worth it.
Last edited by Creativemind on 22 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

stp2015

22 Sep 2017

Looks cool. But no retina graphics....

Jagwah

22 Sep 2017

The big synth looks cool I am hoping it may be a Massive competitor, the others do look cool but this is Reason 10 - just devices and samples and a few things in the fine print? Wow thought this would be the big one, no curved automation, no video support just more REs and samples?

Ixus

22 Sep 2017

I was hoping for a sequencer overhaul with easier audio editing, but this looks alright too, more sounds is never bad, especially for a filthy patch browser like myself :D

Instant buy for me

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

22 Sep 2017

Jagwah wrote:
22 Sep 2017
Wow thought this would be the big one, no curved automation, no video support just more REs and samples?
I'm going to temporarily take off my Propellerhead name tag and go back to being the Reason user I was/am...

Just so we're keeping score the "big one" would be curved automation? It's not two new cutting edge synths that make sounds nobody else makes? It's... curved automation?

I mean, I'll echo my desire for video support too but I use Reason to make music and to that end I always welcome new synths. If I had to choose between Europa & Grain vs. curved automation... I'll happily draw curved lines in Adobe Illustrator and make music with Grain in Reason, thanks. :)
Last edited by ryanharlin on 22 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

22 Sep 2017

Erm...April foolsday? That synth looks interesting and grain stuff is always welcome. Now that some devices are free, is a lil punch in my face, but it is good now everybody has them, that makes it easier to share patches and Synchronous is a must have. Guess they gonna show, that everybody gets a lot of stuff with 10 and regarding the past, even more with 10.5.

Would be interesting to see, what lil improvements they addressed too? I just fear a bit, that they didnt showed the backside of those devices... Considering Players, i do not expect much here :-(
Reason12, Win10

craven

22 Sep 2017

haha, I was just reading the Reason 10 rumors thread again... and now this!
:ugeek:

friday

22 Sep 2017

THEY HAVE A GOOD DRIVE AT THE MOMENT!

jayhosking

22 Sep 2017

Europa and Grain alone seem worth the price of admission. Seems like they've been paying attention the REs that people are buying and using (i.e. things like Expanse and Proton). I'm excited to play with these new toys.

Ottostrom

22 Sep 2017

Gotta say, this update is not for me. But I'm totally fine with that since I do not feel like I'm held back at all with what is currently in Reason. Grain looks super nice but since that is the only device I'm interested in I can't justify spending 129€ on it (already own Proton too). I came on here prepared for a shitstorm of angry Reason users but it is really nice to see that you guys seem to be accepting of this update even though it might not have been the big milestone Reason 10 could have been.

Faastwalker

22 Sep 2017

Just reading the 'What's New' page on the Propellerhead site;

https://www.propellerheads.se/en/reason/new

Does look like this is all about the new devices and new sounds. Nothing else is mentioned. The new synths especially look cool. The others I could take or leave. Would be nice to have Radical Piano as I've almost bought this several times. Now it will be included with the upgrade, which is nice. Bit of a kick in the teeth for those that have shelled out $100 for it but there it is.

Does anyone else feel like we've gone back in time a bit here? It's like pre Rack Extension days when Reason upgrades were all about the new devices. Just my two cents worth but I would have much preferred updates an additions to the core program and devices. With the Reason 10 new devices as Rack Extesnions that we could pick and choose.

Will be very happy with Grain, Europa and Radical Piano. Everything else I'm less concerned about but I guess I'll be getting it anyway. Biggest update ever?! This absolutely isn't. This feels more like the Reason 4 update but with Europa and Grain instead of Thor and Kong. Let's do the time warp again!! :-/
Last edited by Faastwalker on 22 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.

davidvilla

22 Sep 2017

If this is it what Reason 10 is then Ernst is more misguided than I thought he was.

Edit: and how exactly is this progress???

Loque

22 Sep 2017

ryanharlin wrote:
22 Sep 2017
Jagwah wrote:
22 Sep 2017
Wow thought this would be the big one, no curved automation, no video support just more REs and samples?
I'm going to temporarily take off my Propellerhead name tag and go back to being the Reason user I was/am...

Just so we're keeping score the "big one" would be curved automation? It's not two new cutting edge synths that make sounds nobody else makes? It's... curved automation?

I mean, I'll echo my desire for video support too but I use Reason to make music and to that end I always welcome new synths. If I had to choose between Europa & Grain vs. curved automation... I'll happily draw curved lines in Adobe Illustrator and make music with Grain in Reason, thanks. :)
From my side, i own so many synths and sounds, make quickly my own, i dont really need new sounds. I need a few other things, that could help me more (pun...). But i guess new customers welcome this package addition.
Reason12, Win10

RicheyFuego

22 Sep 2017

Last edited by RicheyFuego on 22 Sep 2017, edited 2 times in total.
:reason: :recycle: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :re: : :PUF_figure:

miscend

22 Sep 2017

Isn’t that weird. Apart from the new instruments there are no new features.

They could have updated the combinator and sequencer. Also could have solved the Spider splitter bug. And there are no new workflow enhancements.
Last edited by miscend on 22 Sep 2017, edited 3 times in total.

syrokitty

22 Sep 2017

- Still no combinator update.
- Still no sample loading for malstrom.
- No word on further VST development. (Getting utilies to work/ Eliminating lag in the VST window, etc.)
- No word on multi-channel midi support.

Prop-H 2017: Hey, we just gave them VST support so everyone's just purchased a load of instruments they're still in the process of learning --- Ideas for 10 - More Instruments? Great. Yes. That.
Last edited by syrokitty on 22 Sep 2017, edited 4 times in total.

stp2015

22 Sep 2017

I really wanted some under the hood and graphics improvements, and now I will have to wait for those even longer. That is a bit disappointing.

Having said that, Grain and Europa alone should easily be worth 129 bucks. So, while this is not what I expected for Reason 10 at all, I will definitely get it.

Faastwalker

22 Sep 2017

syrokitty wrote:
22 Sep 2017
Prop-H 2017: Hey, we just gave them VST support so everyone's just purchased a load of instruments they're still in the process of learning --- Ideas for 10 - More Instruments? Great. Yes. That.
Hence my timeslip observation. It's like Propellerhead forgot they gave us VST support in Reason 9.5!

Tumble

22 Sep 2017

I'm sorry, but this is tone deaf. Why are you guys prioritizing instruments when basic workflow needs to be adressed?

This is getting to the point where PH are like Trump - you know the sensible pivot is never coming.
Last edited by Tumble on 22 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.

• Information