Reason 10 announced!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EnochLight

24 Oct 2017

antic604 wrote:
24 Oct 2017
Reason would be OK, if the original artwork wasn't that pixelated - I don't mind it being a bitmap, as long as the pixels doesn't get in the way of legibility.
This is literally my only complaint about using my OS app scaling or zoom. Those bitmaps can get really fuzzy! :puf_unhappy:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Social Exodus

24 Oct 2017

Wickline wrote:
24 Oct 2017
Social Exodus wrote:Can anyone say if the Reason 10 systems requirements and CPU utilization are the same as Reason 9.5? In other words, can I expect the same level of performance I have now if I spring for the upgrade to Reason 10? I'm really curious about this!
So far it seems to be about the same. At least on my machine. Maybe somebody who’s done some benchmark tests can chime in with a more thorough answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. Reason seems good about resource in past upgrades, use but you never know.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

Wickline

24 Oct 2017

Social Exodus wrote:
Wickline wrote:
24 Oct 2017
So far it seems to be about the same. At least on my machine. Maybe somebody who’s done some benchmark tests can chime in with a more thorough answer.

Thanks for the reply. Reason seems good about resource in past upgrades, use but you never know.
And FYI Europa is waaaaay lighter on resources than say Serum. I was a little surprised by that. Made me happy lol

:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

Social Exodus

24 Oct 2017

Wickline wrote:
24 Oct 2017
Social Exodus wrote:
And FYI Europa is waaaaay lighter on resources than say Serum. I was a little surprised by that. Made me happy lol

And that for me is the choice, since eXpanse is on sale but is reportedly hard on resources and Europa covers any of the ground I'll likely ever need or want. I'd rather upgrade and use Europa, and get Grain and the three SoundIron devices as well for just just a wee bit more. Thanks again!
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

Emian

24 Oct 2017

Social Exodus wrote:
Wickline wrote:
24 Oct 2017

And that for me is the choice, since eXpanse is on sale but is reportedly hard on resources and Europa covers any of the ground I'll likely ever need or want. I'd rather upgrade and use Europa, and get Grain and the three SoundIron devices as well for just just a wee bit more. Thanks again!
Yea there's the CPU usage, but then there's also sound to be compared....

Verstuurd vanaf mijn FEVER met Tapatalk

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

sublunar

24 Oct 2017

So.. uh.. Is it released on October 25th Sweeden time? Because if so it's October 25th now.

Equalizer

24 Oct 2017

Wickline wrote:
24 Oct 2017

Yeah but that comes at a compromise in sound quality. Serum has more bite and shine, a more pronounced 3D-ness, and a heavier low-end. Did you directly compare Serum and Europa? Maybe you should.

123repeater

24 Oct 2017

Equalizer wrote:
24 Oct 2017
Wickline wrote:
24 Oct 2017

Yeah but that comes at a compromise in sound quality. Serum has more bite and shine, a more pronounced 3D-ness, and a heavier low-end. Did you directly compare Serum and Europa? Maybe you should.
If you want more bite and shine theres plenty of that offered in, amongst several other places (including MANY within europas many knobs itself), try the SSL built in EQ.

Im not understanding all the whining about Reason 10. Anyone who makes music isn't complaining and they can make it with reason 6.5 if thats the tool they have.

WongoTheSane

24 Oct 2017

sublunar wrote:
24 Oct 2017
So.. uh.. Is it released on October 25th Sweeden time? Because if so it's October 25th now.
It's October 25th Sweden After Breakfast time. You can go sleep :)

Wickline

24 Oct 2017

Equalizer wrote:
Wickline wrote:
24 Oct 2017

Yes I have. Of course serum has more bite. The extra cpu usage isn’t there for nothing.
On my machine I can only use Serum limitedly. With Europa I don’t really need to worry about it. Each has their place and I use both as I feel is necessary.

BitLove

24 Oct 2017

Guys, I know thi smight be a stupid question.. But where the fudge is the Beta testing thread??
:reason: :reason: :reason: :reason: :reason: :reason:

In love with post rock, MOGWAI!.
You've got to admit that Koan Sound are the pinnacle of production quality!
also... Im From Ireland! :thumbs_up:

Resonator

24 Oct 2017

BitLove wrote:
24 Oct 2017
Guys, I know thi smight be a stupid question.. But where the fudge is the Beta testing thread??
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7503835

BitLove

24 Oct 2017

Thanks buddy! Much appreciated! :)
:reason: :reason: :reason: :reason: :reason: :reason:

In love with post rock, MOGWAI!.
You've got to admit that Koan Sound are the pinnacle of production quality!
also... Im From Ireland! :thumbs_up:

Faastwalker

25 Oct 2017

25th, 5am in Sweden. 4pm here in Aus. Still no sign of it.

I was hoping for a bit of X action this evening when I got home from work in a couple of hours.

rpowers9

25 Oct 2017

Are we gonna have to get the pitchforks guys? Its kind of a pain to form a mob right now on the streets, cause all we're gonna be doing is checking our phones to see if the shop's been updated.

Bes
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2017

its live
- Certified Reason expert

Wickline

25 Oct 2017

Bes wrote:its live
Damnit. I just left the house.

DetroitT

27 Oct 2017

Faastwalker wrote:
22 Sep 2017
Apart from Grain one of the most underwhelming updates so far. Will definitely upgrade though. But I always imagined version 10 would be something of a milestone. The video doesn't mention anything beyond the new instruments and the addition of Radical Piano and Synchronous. Almost forgot about Europa. That looks very cool as well. I'll definitely get this. Just expected a little more for the big X release.
Mac is so slow, Ignition key plug and replug never has worked like Pace (Good).

1 synth Grain, Propellerhead is dropping the ball in it's need for all in one. Please fix this downward spiral .

Pretty much useless here on a Mac Pro 64 GB, OS 10.12.6 (Mac 7950 video) (RSN 9.5.2 and 10)

The demo was of no help either. Way Way slow to authorize the every menu just spins the wheel.

Ahornberg

29 Oct 2017

I'm going to stay on Reason 9.5 because actually I don't need additional synths and sounds since I can use VSTs inside of Reason.

EnochLight

29 Oct 2017

DetroitT wrote:
27 Oct 2017
Mac is so slow, Ignition key plug and replug never has worked like Pace (Good).

1 synth Grain, Propellerhead is dropping the ball in it's need for all in one. Please fix this downward spiral .

Pretty much useless here on a Mac Pro 64 GB, OS 10.12.6 (Mac 7950 video) (RSN 9.5.2 and 10)

The demo was of no help either. Way Way slow to authorize the every menu just spins the wheel.
Your technical issues aside, how is adding 3+ gigs of new loop/sample content, adding 2 new quite capable synths, 3 romplers, and a couple of older Rack Extensions "dropping the ball in it's need for all in one"? On the contrary, it adds massive value to those who need the content.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

moofi

18 Jun 2022

I know, ancient thread, yet yes, would like to be able to customise the VST wrapper background here aswell. This not only doesn´t look very sexy, it´s aswell difficult to differenciate which device is what visually. Basically always have to read when several VST are on top of each other. I know the combinator at least partially helps with that, even if merely being used to wrap the wrapper and put a new skin onto it. Then when a VST is being used in a combinator this wouldn´t work anymore besides directly putting an image on the wrapper is more pleasing anyway because of general device integration and also direct accessibility of the VST itself.
chimp_spanner wrote:
28 Sep 2017
This reminds me, skins/backdrops on VSTs would be sick! Would be nice to make the rack devices look/feel like the actual plugin!

• Information