Reason 10 announced!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Zac

05 Oct 2017

Well said. I said it a page and a half ago.

Sorry but why does everyone have to quote the montage previous to directly reply??

Will they feel irrelevant without the grouping?

Fair enough on the old puf where a non linear response chain was possible.

Not here. STOP THE QUOTING MADNESS

Hehehe, like it'll make a blind bit of difference.

tobypearce

06 Oct 2017

Zac wrote:
05 Oct 2017

This is a good point.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

lakinlakin

06 Oct 2017

tobypearce wrote:
06 Oct 2017
Zac wrote:
05 Oct 2017

This is a good point.
I agree.

Goodbye

06 Oct 2017

lakinlakin wrote:
06 Oct 2017
tobypearce wrote:
06 Oct 2017

This is a good point.
I agree.
Yes. That's one thing we can all agree on.

EnochLight

06 Oct 2017

Zac wrote:
05 Oct 2017
Well said. I said it a page and a half ago.

Sorry but why does everyone have to quote the montage previous to directly reply??

Will they feel irrelevant without the grouping?

Fair enough on the old puf where a non linear response chain was possible.

One of my biggest forum pet peeves is people who don't quote the person they are responding to. :lol: :lol: :lol: I mean, why wouldn't you quote the person you're responding to? With all due respect, your suggested method confuses most readers, IMHO.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Goodbye

06 Oct 2017

Yes I agree. You should always quote the person you are responding to. Without fail.

AttenuationHz

06 Oct 2017

Goodbye wrote:
06 Oct 2017
lakinlakin wrote:
06 Oct 2017

I agree.
Well i'm not too sure if this is agreeable but it helps to see what everyone is saying. This is why I suggested collapsible quote boxes for threads :D
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Adabler
Competition Winner

06 Oct 2017

This summer I upgraded Reason 6 after not using it for years. Wow! It's been an amazing few months. Never used REs or VSTs before, and in addition they've added so many effects and utilities that I am a bit overwhelmed. Most of my time is spent reading, watching tutorials and trying stuff out, not really making music.

While doing all this, Reason 10 was announced and my whelming went critical. This is very exiting! It is a bummer being a few months away from getting it for free, but I was planning on buying something in that pricerange anyway and this seems like great value.

My only wish so far is that they make it possible to export song as .pdf. That would make sharing and collaboration a lot easier.
:reason: 12, Win10

TheMiles

06 Oct 2017

Goodbye wrote:
06 Oct 2017
lakinlakin wrote:
06 Oct 2017

I agree.
Whats a quote ?

avasopht
Competition Winner

06 Oct 2017

TheMiles wrote:
06 Oct 2017
Goodbye wrote:
06 Oct 2017

Whats a quote ?
Bonus points for quoting one post but responding to another :twisted:

AttenuationHz

06 Oct 2017

avasopht wrote:
06 Oct 2017
TheMiles wrote:
06 Oct 2017

Whats a quote ?
Bonus points for quoting one post but responding to another :twisted:
↑This
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Aosta

06 Oct 2017

Any idea what time the stream is today/tonight and can I watch it if I don't use twatbook?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granular_synthesis
Tend the flame

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Oct 2017

Adabler wrote:
06 Oct 2017
This summer I upgraded Reason 6 after not using it for years. Wow! It's been an amazing few months. Never used REs or VSTs before, and in addition they've added so many effects and utilities that I am a bit overwhelmed. Most of my time is spent reading, watching tutorials and trying stuff out, not really making music.
Yep we've all been there. That's why I created this thread, to spend more time making music and less time thinking about what synths to use.
Maybe you should check it out. It's called "One Synth EP Challenge"
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7497676

EnochLight

06 Oct 2017

Aosta wrote:
06 Oct 2017
Any idea what time the stream is today/tonight and can I watch it if I don't use twatbook?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granular_synthesis
It live streams from Facebook at 12 noon Eastern Standard Time. Use a Google search to translate that into your local time zone. ;) If you don't want to be on Facebook to watch in live and/or participate in the Q&A, then you can watch it in high definition (and stereo audio) the following day on Prop's YouTube page.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

sdst
Competition Winner

06 Oct 2017

Aosta wrote:
06 Oct 2017
people who don't have facebook can see it here, in this thread

phaza

06 Oct 2017

When's the stream going to start and what's the link for it?

Zerosity

06 Oct 2017

phaza wrote:
06 Oct 2017
When's the stream going to start and what's the link for it?
Now, Try this.

Arrant
Competition Winner

06 Oct 2017

Kind of neutral about this release. On one hand I think it's fantastic that new quality native devices are included, that's something that's been missing from a lot of the latest updates. More devices native to Reason are good for new users, for the refill community and indeed for everyone.

New samples are nice, but most people are not going to be paying the upgrade price for that alone, you can get some serious sample packs for that kind of money if that's your cup of tea. Long-time users probably have much of their needs covered in this area, but again this is good for new users.

On the negative side I'm disappointed about the fact that none of the long-standing most requested missing features are addressed.
I'm talking about graphics overhaul, sequencer improvements, better automation curves, performance tweaks, and maybe an exciting new feature noone has thought of yet ;)
Also slightly disappointed they are giving away Radical Piano since a lot of us already paid for that. Along with Synchronous which most people already have gotten for free. These devices are valuable to new users of course, but offers no incentive whatsoever to many existing users.
Well, at least they didn't throw Parsec in, maybe next time eh?

Say Props decided to make Reason 10 a milestone upgrade and started by including Grain OR Europa and maybe one or two IDTs, then added:
- rack zoom
- view other sequencer tracks while editing piano roll, or some other highly requested sequencer/automation update
- fix to make UAD VSTs work as expected
- a super Reason bridge for older, now incompatible VSTs
- bigger and badder combinator

Or indeed maybe just a few of those items. I would be jumping on that upgrade train with both hands. For now I am undecided.
Last edited by Arrant on 06 Oct 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Aosta

06 Oct 2017

EnochLight wrote:
06 Oct 2017
It live streams from Facebook at 12 noon Eastern Standard Time. Use a Google search to translate that into your local time zone. ;) If you don't want to be on Facebook to watch in live and/or participate in the Q&A, then you can watch it in high definition (and stereo audio) the following day on Prop's YouTube page.
sdst wrote:
06 Oct 2017
people who don't have facebook can see it here, in this thread
Zerosity wrote:
06 Oct 2017
Now, Try this.
Thanks everyone :D
Tend the flame

Goodbye

06 Oct 2017

Grain does look nice and Europa looks OK. Everyone has Synchronous and Radical Piano already. Nothing else in this release is of interest, so the question people need to ask themselves is this:

What can I get in the way of synths from the shop for the same price as this upgrade if I hold out for the Black Friday sale?

chaosroyale

06 Oct 2017

Nice livestream! Grain seems to handle really great. Is it worth 129 as a plugin? Maybe... I like the sound of it and that kind of super tweaky "weird" instrument is useful for me.

Thinking over Europa again: Probably a really good workhorse synth -BUT- if you only want to ugrade because you'd like a batch' modern wavetable synth, maybe Expanse v3 would be just as good/better for you and you can get on that train at a discount price right now. (That's an insane bargain by the way).

The "new sounds/samples" etc are pretty much zero value to anyone who isn't a complete beginner (that makes me sound like an elitist prick, sorry). What I mean is, like the guy on youtube said; if you don't already have radical piano that's because you don't need radical piano. Same goes for "modern drum samples": any 12 year old noob already downloaded thousands of them for free on the internet.

Without some performance upgrades, spending your money on a couple of new REs or VSTs might be more useful.

I hope (and wish) that a beefier combinator and some VST performance streamlining is around the corner, plus a gradual move to 4K compatibility, because that will all have a much more serious impact on work in the long term.

Still, Grain does look like a really wonderful sound design synth.

AttenuationHz

07 Oct 2017

Really enjoyed the showcasing of Grain. Was very impressed with it. Would safely say Europa and Grain are really great additions. Swayed slightly by what they can do, still debating the upgrade myself. Getting to try them out in beta will be a deciding factor I think. Think everyone was very impressed with Grain hence the name puns in chat, very funny. "Grain of Thrones" - Genius!

The_Grass

07 Oct 2017

Will everything wat is in Reason 9 stay in Reason 10 ?
Or are they taken something out ?

electrofux

07 Oct 2017

Arrant wrote:
06 Oct 2017
Kind of neutral about this release. On one hand I think it's fantastic that new quality native devices are included, that's something that's been missing from a lot of the latest updates. More devices native to Reason are good for new users, for the refill community and indeed for everyone.

New samples are nice, but most people are not going to be paying the upgrade price for that alone, you can get some serious sample packs for that kind of money if that's your cup of tea. Long-time users probably have much of their needs covered in this area, but again this is good for new users.

On the negative side I'm disappointed about the fact that none of the long-standing most requested missing features are addressed.
I'm talking about graphics overhaul, sequencer improvements, better automation curves, performance tweaks, and maybe an exciting new feature noone has thought of yet ;)
Also slightly disappointed they are giving away Radical Piano since a lot of us already paid for that. Along with Synchronous which most people already have gotten for free. These devices are valuable to new users of course, but offers no incentive whatsoever to many existing users.
Well, at least they didn't throw Parsec in, maybe next time eh?

Say Props decided to make Reason 10 a milestone upgrade and started by including Grain OR Europa and maybe one or two IDTs, then added:
- rack zoom
- view other sequencer tracks while editing piano roll, or some other highly requested sequencer/automation update
- fix to make UAD VSTs work as expected
- a super Reason bridge for older, now incompatible VSTs
- bigger and badder combinator

Or indeed maybe just a few of those items. I would be jumping on that upgrade train with both hands. For now I am undecided.
Thing is, if they did a few of the mentioned things others would have said "meh this is not for me, i dont have UADs or rarely use Vsts". Peoples favorite features are very diverse. It is impossible for them to do a Jesus Patch.

I for one holding breath for a Ableton style Clip Launcher. Everything else is totally secondary on my list. I dont care for rack zoom, vsts or the piano roll thing (i dont say these aren't valid requests though). I still think on paper it is a decent update.

AttenuationHz

07 Oct 2017

The_Grass wrote:
07 Oct 2017
Will everything wat is in Reason 9 stay in Reason 10 ?
Or are they taken something out ?
Everything from past versions is usually kept from update to update. Unless it needs to be improved upon. What are you thinking will get taken out?

• Information