So we never can't sell RE plugins?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deepndark

19 Sep 2017

As i might want to sell them to be able to afford buying a new DAW. Why can't we?

aeox
Competition Winner

19 Sep 2017

Do you want to stop using Reason altogether?

You have to sell your license with the REs included, unfortunately for the people who just want to get rid of a few REs.

Loque

19 Sep 2017

AFAIK you cannot sell your account.
Reason12, Win10

deepndark

19 Sep 2017

aeox wrote:
19 Sep 2017
Do you want to stop using Reason altogether?

You have to sell your license with the REs included, unfortunately for the people who just want to get rid of a few REs.
I have lots of REs worth 1000 or so. Antidote, Perdator, etc etc.
Anyway, I feel almost like my guardian Angel want's me to switch from Reason to an another DAW. Anyway, If I will, I'd like to sell my REs to be able to do that. It's just not fair that I can't sell/transfer REs.
Last edited by deepndark on 19 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.

deepndark

19 Sep 2017

Loque wrote:
19 Sep 2017
I can't legally but is it legal to not allow either? Because if Props don't want me to sell them - I need to starve and save for months. I know at this point that Reason isn't for me - as I like Fruity Loops 3.0 music I cteated back then more.

CaliforniaBurrito

19 Sep 2017

deepndark wrote:
19 Sep 2017
I know at this point that Reason isn't for me - as I like Fruity Loops 3.0 music I cteated back then more.
Your Soundcloud bio says Reason is your weapon so maybe it is just rusty. :D

Loque

19 Sep 2017

deepndark wrote:
19 Sep 2017
Loque wrote:
19 Sep 2017
I can't legally but is it legal to not allow either? Because if Props don't want me to sell them - I need to starve and save for months. I know at this point that Reason isn't for me - as I like Fruity Loops 3.0 music I cteated back then more.
Dont ask me for permission...
Reason12, Win10

Zac

19 Sep 2017

You are fickle Mr deepndark, only this morning I was reading your thread about putting in the hard work to learn Reason better... You only get out what you put in, I think sticking with reason and putting in the work would reward you better than selling up and moving to another saw?

Just my 2 penneth. I hope you find what you are looking for.

deepndark

19 Sep 2017

Loque wrote:
19 Sep 2017
deepndark wrote:
19 Sep 2017

Dont ask me for permission...
Of cource. Anyway, if Props would care and allow me to transfer My REs - it would just be fair as we musicians are oftenly poor and just want to make music. I could save and keep my Reason + plugins but I feel like Reason is limiting me soundwise. Where's the dry sound and not to stereo'ish sound that doesn't demand my attention when I listen?

deepndark

19 Sep 2017

Zac wrote:
19 Sep 2017
You are fickle Mr deepndark, only this morning I was reading your thread about putting in the hard work to learn Reason better... You only get out what you put in, I think sticking with reason and putting in the work would reward you better than selling up and moving to another saw?

Just my 2 penneth. I hope you find what you are looking for.
True, but I have already put so much years into this and my Guardian Angel wants me to switch. I am a guy who requested Reason's search patches and favourites feature, also reduce cable clutter and more. But I feel like I'm stuck because how I sound. I feel like Reason is too humble sounding whatever I do. If you hear and sound good In your opinion then keep it up.

Loque

19 Sep 2017

Give me an example what you want to hear.
Reason12, Win10

deepndark

19 Sep 2017

Loque wrote:
19 Sep 2017
Give me an example what you want to hear.
Hmm, something that shoutcast.com Radio music sounds?

Also. here's a track I created with Fruity Loops back in 2002. It's a cover of most famous music and i feel like it's a big difference, It sounds dry, not pseudo stereo'ish, and never soft like there would be a bulb over my sounds.

Loque

19 Sep 2017

I checked your track. Not bad. It fits this time, simple structure and a melody that works. The sound has much top end. Technically the mix sounds to me a bit unbalanced, but that are details.

And what sound you are actually creating and are not satisfied? Or is it the style? Or is the sound dull? Not sure what you are actually missing or looking after...
Reason12, Win10

deepndark

19 Sep 2017

Loque wrote:
19 Sep 2017
I checked your track. Not bad. It fits this time, simple structure and a melody that works. The sound has much top end. Technically the mix sounds to me a bit unbalanced, but that are details.

And what sound you are actually creating and are not satisfied? Or is it the style? Or is the sound dull? Not sure what you are actually missing or looking after...
I just can't sound the way I want with Reason. Reason sound makes me think what I hear when I listen - it never should do that. A proper sound should cut through, and not making you think too much.

Loque

19 Sep 2017

Ok... I noticed after making music for a while, that i analyze the music i hear and stopped just listen to it. Now i am very critical to music and rarely find music that catches my attention and makes me whip my feet or just feel the music. And, imo, that's the point... Most music is boring, without creativity, standard stuff heard 1000 times, no emotions. And that is often in my music too. Most music back that catches me had at least one of those things, it was a new style, new sound, creative or emotional. So i aim for that and find it pretty hard. Technical knowledge can help to create what I want without thinking to much, and I want to create exactly that sound, melody, rhythm and so on very fast when i have it in my brain. Actually i too often get lost in browsing the right patch, where 90% just suck. I sometimes dream complete tracks and my brain creates every sound directly that i want... I am looking forward to make it happen with my hands...

Hopefully another DAW can help you to find what you want or need.
Reason12, Win10

aeox
Competition Winner

19 Sep 2017

deepndark wrote:
19 Sep 2017
Loque wrote:
19 Sep 2017

I just can't sound the way I want with Reason. Reason sound makes me think what I hear when I listen - it never should do that. A proper sound should cut through, and not making you think too much.
A proper sound needs to be shaped and molded to sound good. Maybe Fl studio has these stock sounds that you like? I know from personal experience that FL studio and all other DAWs synths/presets have much higher volumes by default, making everything sound "better" to people. Reasons presets are super quiet by default @ -12db.

Not every sound is going to just cut through. It really depends on your arrangement, how busy the mix is, how busy a certain frequency range is, what kind of processing you have on your synths (saturation, compression, etc) levels of each instrument, and so on. There is no way to make music/mix without thinking about it analytically.

deepndark

20 Sep 2017

You know the thread over The Kitchen, "do you control your thoughts" etc. Well, not that much nowdays at all. I'm such a mess nowdays, and that's why I jump from place to another and have anxious mind too. Then I start a thread about the same thing and feel sh*t the next day and also ashamed. LOL.
I know I'm blaming wrong things that are causing my unstable behaviour. And it seems people actually like my music pretty widely. Hmm, yeah, I was totally f*cking happy with Reason already when Reason and Record were released. And tbh. I tried FL Studio and it's GUI doesn't make me want to use it anyway. If I'd sell Reason and my REs, I'd be stupid as hell. :D

Loque

20 Sep 2017

deepndark wrote:
20 Sep 2017
You know the thread over The Kitchen, "do you control your thoughts" etc. Well, not that much nowdays at all. I'm such a mess nowdays, and that's why I jump from place to another and have anxious mind too. Then I start a thread about the same thing and feel sh*t the next day and also ashamed. LOL.
I know I'm blaming wrong things that are causing my unstable behaviour. And it seems people actually like my music pretty widely. Hmm, yeah, I was totally f*cking happy with Reason already when Reason and Record were released. And tbh. I tried FL Studio and it's GUI doesn't make me want to use it anyway. If I'd sell Reason and my REs, I'd be stupid as hell. :D
A night of sleep seem to be very healthy...
Reason12, Win10

EdGrip

20 Sep 2017

I suppose the thing to do would be, when you're in a creative mood with the music lightning bolts crackling on your finger tips, demo a new DAW. You already know how DAWs work in general, so it should be a fairly quick learning curve. Some things will be in different places and that will be frustrating for a bit, but that doesn't mean the workflow is worse, it just means you have a little bit of re-learning to do. It might be better.

And then see. See if you like it more, if it's a place you like to hang out more, if it inspires you more. Or even just see if it inspires different stuff. Work your way through all the DAWs that you like the look of. Then you'll know more. Get it out of your system.
But I know the thoughts you're describing, because I have them too. They say, "if only I had the right tools, I could really fly." But we both know that's almost never the case. 30 years ago people were flying with an Akai sampler and an Atari.

The Reason Sound, I think the broad consensus is that it's two things: the sound of the old stock devices, and the fact that Reason is generally a lower-dB environment than most DAWs. Turn it up. Hit those compressors, hit those limiters (free limiter RE from Kilohearts!)

Loque

20 Sep 2017

Maybe its offtopic, but i just came across reading JUNO ALPHA stuff, landed at Prodigy Charlie, Voodoo People and than recalled a track, that introduced a sound, which made ppl looked like they got punched in their faces, when the track was played in the clubs. Even the producer thought it was cool, but sh!t for the masses, but he created a hit just by really playing that freaking synth sound and released it more as a joke. The clubs were pumping in that time (ok, today nobody would care about such a track...). It showed a unique new sound, melody and a emotional play did everything. Maybe some of you know this track:
Reason12, Win10

Miss Controllerism

20 Sep 2017

deepndark wrote:
19 Sep 2017
As i might want to sell them to be able to afford buying a new DAW. Why can't we?
thi si s another things i hate from propllerhead... And they need to change their policy otherwise i dont believe there wiil be many reason users in the future

Gorgon

20 Sep 2017

deepndark wrote:
19 Sep 2017
Dude really. This has been discussed a million times on here. Why do you feel the need to create another useless topic about it?
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

deepndark

20 Sep 2017

Gorgon wrote:
20 Sep 2017
deepndark wrote:
19 Sep 2017
Dude really. This has been discussed a million times on here. Why do you feel the need to create another useless topic about it?
Don't always act up in this Useless way, and treat everyone like shit.

moneykube

20 Sep 2017

fdgsrkggfdr///000dfhgfseadfgvhvhgytrfghbj.... that's the truth of the situation... oh... sorry... divide that by pi
I would like the time to test the re's I have,,, no sell... no trade... learn the devise... there be a few I impulse purchased... but even those have some merit and were cheap.... um test... no mistake
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

moneykube

20 Sep 2017

what daw can you buy for the price you have shelled out.... far and few I think... dig dark and deep for the answer
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information