What is a great update for Reason Drum Kits 2?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
paulbfar

19 Sep 2017

As a producer, I always get compliments about which drums I use. Ever since it was released, I've been using 'Reason Drum Kits 2'.
What would ReasonTalk recommend as a great succor?

Cheers

Paul
paulofcreation.com

QVprod

19 Sep 2017

There are quite a few options now. As far as refills the Alt drums series was the last set of refills that Props put out. There's also the BFD Core and BFD Jazz and Funk refills by Nucleus Soundlab. Then there's the A-list drummer REs. If those aren't good enough, then now with VST support you can use any drum library you want whether it be BFD, EZ Drummer...etc... Personally I get pretty good mileage with NI Studio Drummer.

kuhliloach

19 Sep 2017

Personally I'm looking forward to one day owning Superior Drummer 3. It seems Toontrack is significantly ahead of the competition when it comes to the basic and very important task of reproducing a drumkit within a DAW. This is something I wish Reason did better out of the box -- even one single kit that has the nuance and realism of what Toontrack produces in all their drum products. I'm basing this after some experience with Superior Drummer 2, and watching some YouTube videos featuring version 3--amazing! Has anyone who has used SD2/SD3 feel there is a better choice in existence?

per-anders

20 Sep 2017

Logic/GarageBand drummer, Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer, BFD, slate drums, some of the loop loft stuff... honestly there’s an endless supply of drum options out there that sound great. It all depends on how you want to work, using things like link or rewire, using vst’s, using re’s, using loops and samples.

Oquasec

20 Sep 2017

Handmade kits with a good mic and synthesis knowledge for a non stock sound, and make sure to find good kits also from sources.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

gullum

21 Sep 2017

for the past year I have been using A-list studio drummer I have all 3 A-list drums, and I to get comments like is that live drums and wow those drums sound grate. I use them in midi mode and play them with an e-drums kit. I do totally love them

Oquasec

21 Sep 2017

gullum wrote:
21 Sep 2017
for the past year I have been using A-list studio drummer I have all 3 A-list drums, and I to get comments like is that live drums and wow those drums sound grate. I use them in midi mode and play them with an e-drums kit. I do totally love them
You said there was a midi mode. so I guess there actually is no reason to not get it then :shock:
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

gullum

22 Sep 2017

Oquasec wrote:
21 Sep 2017
gullum wrote:
21 Sep 2017
You said there was a midi mode. so I guess there actually is no reason to not get it then :shock:
What I mean is that you can play them like Reason Drums 2 multi sampled NNXT (midi drums) so it works the same as any other drum plug in. you can play like real drums one not per drum or by one finger (Loops)

• Information