Why actually reason is the worst DAW ever

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
QVprod

19 Sep 2017

joeyluck wrote:
19 Sep 2017
EnochLight wrote:
19 Sep 2017

I literally bought two Kontakt libraries - and returned them not even a week later (Output's Exhale and Rev) because after I went through the hell of installing them, authorizing, activating, building the library, etc - they were both locked into these ridiculously tiny GUI/UX! That said, I never had any trouble playing multiple instances of Kontakt stuff in Reason's browser.

But yeah, clunky and cumbersome is putting it lightly - it's completely irritating!
Oh yeah the Output ones are great examples. They have a series of videos to walk you through the long processes.

Lots of pausing and checking to make sure you are doing the right thing... It's funny to me that at the end of these videos they say, "That's it!" Like it was simple haha. Just give me individual plugins, VST or RE and let me just install those.

That's a whole lot of steps! Wow. I think that's Output specific though. Granted most of my Kontakt libraries are from NI, but there are far less steps involved in the installation.

davidvilla

19 Sep 2017

Well, you should probably think twice about getting Omnisphere because if you think Kontakt library installs are tough...lol.

And of course leave it to Reason users to complain about the difficulty of using the most popular sampler in the industry.

Interesting how the topic turned to Kontakt bashing when the OP intelligently relates the issues she's been having with Kontakt inside Reason....the Reason evangelists then pop out with "you shouldn't be using kontakt anyway it's too clunky and complex for a Reason user"

Lol for chrissakes, people.

joeyluck

19 Sep 2017

EnochLight wrote:
19 Sep 2017
davidvilla wrote:
19 Sep 2017
Wow....you've all been handicapped by your dedication to Reason.

Time to take the training wheels off, don't you think?
That's adorable. Condescend, much? :roll:

I've been using other DAW - and VST - for many years. If you think what Joey and I are discussing isn't par for the course when dealing with Kontakt libraries, you're being disingenuous.
Yeah I've definitely got valid issues with Kontakt in general. I've said I'd rather use them as their own, individual VSTs...

Now if only David would have that same attitude and response with someone who can't get on with and get the job done with Reason ;) Hmmm... It's a thought.

joeyluck

19 Sep 2017

davidvilla wrote:
19 Sep 2017
Well, you should probably think twice about getting Omnisphere because if you think Kontakt library installs are tough...lol.

And of course leave it to Reason users to complain about the difficulty of using the most popular sampler in the industry.

Interesting how the topic turned to Kontakt bashing when the OP intelligently relates the issues she's been having with Kontakt inside Reason....the Reason evangelists then pop out with "you shouldn't be using kontakt anyway it's too clunky and complex for a Reason user"

Oh no... Kontakt bashing? "Only Reason bashing in a Reason forum please." Haha. Come on now. Sorry the topic of Kontakt has come up and I have offered my opinion on it. Performance of Reason is something I continue to test and report. It is still an issue for me on macOS Sierra. I still want multitimbral and MPE support. Even Garageband has it. But sorry I'm not creating dramatic threads and whining about it so it probably doesn't pick up on your radar. Apparently people on the Internet have to be dramatic for anyone to pay any attention to their criticisms...

QVprod

19 Sep 2017

davidvilla wrote:
19 Sep 2017

Have you watched the videos in Joey's post? I use Kontakt and have zero complaints and even I felt there were a lot of steps for those Output libraries. Obviously some libraries have more complex installations than others.
joeyluck wrote:
19 Sep 2017

Now if only David would have that same attitude and response with someone who can't get on with and get the job done with Reason ;) Hmmm... It's a thought.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Not really aimed at you David, but this is funny if you understand the context. :lol:

Blast

20 Sep 2017

VST in Reason Sucks Balls Period!!!!!!!! But Reason Is Still My fav Music Making Software :D :thumbs_up:

EnochLight

20 Sep 2017

davidvilla wrote:
19 Sep 2017

The OP's clickbait op-ed title invited debate; you can expect all sorts of subjects to show up in the thread. It's really not that big of a deal.
davidvilla wrote:
19 Sep 2017
And of course leave it to the hater to condescendingly suggest Reasoners are toddlers. :roll: Look, I get that you think we all wear blinders here, but many of us do, in fact, use other DAW as well as plenty of VST. You don't have to be in that camp to admit that some plugins have issues that make using them a pain in the ass at times. I have the same issue with many Kontakt libraries in Studio One... not just Reason. :lol: :puf_bigsmile:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

bxbrkrz

20 Sep 2017

So... I am not sure why Reason is the worse DAW ever. Can someone explain it again, but make it a 25 page thread instead? I'll check back again in 3 days.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

Ahornberg

20 Sep 2017

So now we know that Reason might be the worst DAW ever :puf_bigsmile:

But what's the absolutely best DAW ever :?:

PhutureD

20 Sep 2017

stratatonic wrote:
19 Sep 2017
EnochLight wrote:
18 Sep 2017

Clearly you've never used Reaper. :lol: :puf_bigsmile:
Now with Spectral Editing...

this looks quite handy

Loque

20 Sep 2017

PhutureD wrote:
20 Sep 2017
stratatonic wrote:
19 Sep 2017

this looks quite handy
Idd. Not sure i ever needed this yet, but maybe it can be handy in some cases for fixing or to create fx on special points. Actually a dynamic EQ or de-esser does what i need, but i would not start crying if i could do this in Reason too. 2 things comes in my mind, adjusting the fading curves and choosing the compressor/expander from toys would be nice.
Reason12, Win10

PhutureD

20 Sep 2017

Loque wrote:
20 Sep 2017
PhutureD wrote:
20 Sep 2017

this looks quite handy
Idd. Not sure i ever needed this yet, but maybe it can be handy in some cases for fixing or to create fx on special points. Actually a dynamic EQ or de-esser does what i need, but i would not start crying if i could do this in Reason too. 2 things comes in my mind, adjusting the fading curves and choosing the compressor/expander from toys would be nice.
Maybe not needed but I like experimenting and since I own a copy of Reaper I will investigate:) A friend of mine likened spectral editing to owning a ferrari or having a beautiful woman - he says " Once you have had one , you will never go back "

plaamook

20 Sep 2017

Miss Controllerism wrote:
19 Sep 2017
plaamook wrote:
19 Sep 2017

Or Logic!! ;)

well reaper and logic they dont have Cv and re and routing ... but at least they have more features than reason
Nothings perfect, never will be (not for long anyway), and I'm working on a third album in Reason.
Probably because I don't use Omnisphere ;)
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Ahornberg

20 Sep 2017

PhutureD wrote:
20 Sep 2017
stratatonic wrote:
19 Sep 2017

this looks quite handy
looks loke a simpler version of Izotope's RX 6

ProfessaKaos

20 Sep 2017

Propellerhead really do need to optimise VST performance.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

Loque

20 Sep 2017

Ahornberg wrote:
20 Sep 2017
PhutureD wrote:
20 Sep 2017

this looks quite handy
looks loke a simpler version of Izotope's RX 6

So when will Reason add a machine learning feature? Without this it seems to be worst thing ever.
Reason12, Win10

EdGrip

20 Sep 2017

joeyluck wrote:
19 Sep 2017
...Apparently people on the Internet have to be dramatic for anyone to pay any attention to their criticisms...
What you should do is, create a blog with your un-moderated and uncensored thoughts on Reason, and put those criticisms there. Cos you can't just put them in a thread on here. Cos they'll be moderated and censored, see. By the MSM. It can be like the Infowars of talking about Reason's flaws. Do it. If just one sheeple Reason-user toddler's eyes are opened, it'll be worthwhile. Plus, people will definitely be like, "omg that dude is such an outsider, he doesn't care WHAT feathers he ruffles with his truth-bombs!", and you'll feel well cool.

Sorry. ^_^

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2017

EdGrip wrote:
20 Sep 2017
joeyluck wrote:
19 Sep 2017
...Apparently people on the Internet have to be dramatic for anyone to pay any attention to their criticisms...
What you should do is, create a blog with your un-moderated and uncensored thoughts on Reason, and put those criticisms there. Cos you can't just put them in a thread on here. Cos they'll be moderated and censored, see. By the MSM. It can be like the Infowars of talking about Reason's flaws. Do it. If just one sheeple Reason-user toddler's eyes are opened, it'll be worthwhile. Plus, people will definitely be like, "omg that dude is such an outsider, he doesn't care WHAT feathers he ruffles with his truth-bombs!", and you'll feel well cool.

Sorry. ^_^
A truth-Bomb is something like everyone has been micro-chipped as soon as they are born in hospital, not some app is missing features. With your statement, I think I know who the toddle is..

There is a features section where you can state what you would like to see added..

I only see one real flaw in Reason (and that is being worked on), anything that one wishes it had is a feature request not a flaw...

As the saying goes, the grass is always greener on the other side..

normen

20 Sep 2017

EnochLight

20 Sep 2017

normen wrote:
20 Sep 2017
:puf_bigsmile: :thumbs_up:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

aeox
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2017

davidvilla wrote:
19 Sep 2017
Wow....you've all been handicapped by your dedication to Reason.

Time to take the training wheels off, don't you think?
I took the training wheels off when I left my previous DAW to come to Reason, before VST support.
To each his own.

Miss Controllerism

20 Sep 2017

EnochLight wrote:
19 Sep 2017
19 Sep 2017
well reaper and logic they dont have Cv and re and routing ... but at least they have more features than reason
You can't fix ugly, no matter how many features you add. :lol: :puf_bigsmile: Also, the workflow of Reaper is complete ass, IMHO. I can't vouch for Logic, as I haven't used it in years.
please there arnt eny excuses to defend reason in this case... both Reaper and logic are way beyond reason.... Logic its a serious professional DAW that allow me to create all kind of music not only HIP HOP RAP o electronic like Reaosn does.... Logic has a SCORE EDITOR and allow me to use kontakt in multi out without open many instances... No one serious filmscoring composer would ever consider reason to filmscoring... the same reaper.

Miss Controllerism

20 Sep 2017

davidvilla wrote:
19 Sep 2017
Miss C, I respect your non-biased opinion and the blunt truths you speak that no one here wants to hear. :thumbs_up:

The excuses we keep making for Propellerhead - those need to stop TODAY.

It's time for new leadership.

ERNST NEEDS TO GO.
thanks , i dont know if they need to change leaderhsip but for sure they need to star to innovate really cos companies like Ableton Bitwig nativ einstruments ... etc etc... are way beyond them

EnochLight

20 Sep 2017

20 Sep 2017
please there arnt eny excuses to defend reason in this case... both Reaper and logic are way beyond reason....
A complete matter of opinion, thus my comment on your op-ed clickbait post. Are there features that both Logic and Reaper have that Reason doesn't? Absolutely! Are there features that Reason has that Logic and Reaper doesn't? Absolutely! It's a complete matter of opinion on whether or not that matters to anyone.
20 Sep 2017
Logic its a serious professional DAW that allow me to create all kind of music not only HIP HOP RAP o electronic like Reaosn does.... Logic has a SCORE EDITOR and allow me to use kontakt in multi out without open many instances... No one serious filmscoring composer would ever consider reason to filmscoring... the same reaper.
I think Normen's post sums things up nicely. Perhaps the meaning is lost on you, though? Not sure:

fairness1.jpg
fairness1.jpg (57.06 KiB) Viewed 3159 times
viewtopic.php?p=351539#p351539

selig
RE Developer

20 Sep 2017

joeyluck wrote:
18 Sep 2017
oh yeah becoause probably not most of you use kontakt... basically kontakt in reason now its unusable.... with big project and this piss me off
Kontakt in general is a pain. I wish more developers just released their libraries housed in their own plugins or sample players. I'm currently giving Kontakt another chance because there were a few libraries that caught my eye recently. It's such a mess and pain with complicated installation, authorization, and organization. A Browser that doesn't work for all libraries. Then this quick load option that I guess is there compensate for libraries incompatible with the browser. Installations of libraries that vary greatly from one to the other. Many which are looooong installation processes. It's difficult to work across systems with your libraries. It's so clunky and cumbersome. I don't get how or why people put up with it. This is why it's just about the worst to me.
I've had a different experience, finding the NI system to be closer to Reason's than most others. Kontakt works great for my way of thinking/working. Installation is straight forward (just recently upgraded to Komplete 11 with no issues whatsoever).

I have not yet installed third party libraries, since getting Komplete, so maybe that's what you're referring to here?

I really wish Reason had a browser system like NIs btw…
;)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information