Why actually reason is the worst DAW ever

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EnochLight

21 Sep 2017

davidvilla wrote:
20 Sep 2017
But I know you know, QVprod, that it really isn't that difficult!
Compared to installing an RE? Lmao.... ok :roll: :lol:
davidvilla wrote:
20 Sep 2017
Output has a hub, just like Arturia, XLN, IK Multimedia, East West, Waves.
And despite the fact that all of these are incredible libraries and fantastic additions - their installation (and license management) still sucks ass. I mean seriously, you don't have to defend that just because they're all great content. I agree they're great content, and a fantastic addition to any Reason-head's arsenal. I also admit their installation and license management can be a total pain in the ass at times.
QVprod wrote:
21 Sep 2017
If a Reason user's first Kontakt library is an Output one, then I can understand the annoyance when you compare it to the simplicity of how REs and Refills work. Then there's licensed Kontakt player libraries and regular Kontakt libraries where one requires the full version of Kontakt and the other doesn't. There is a slight learning curve.
Great point, and worth repeating.

But, we've all digressed from the OP's topic at this point. What's really depressing is seeing such an elitist fanboy attitude come from some of the Reason-bashers, while at the same time claiming all of the Reason-heads are fanboy toddlers. Can't we all just admit that 1. these are just tools for our passion projects/work, and 2. some people's criticisms of said tools will have no weight compared to what other's feel is important for them?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

davidvilla

21 Sep 2017

This conversation should really end with this post mark999 made early in the discussion:
mark999 wrote:
18 Sep 2017
To all the people who are upset about the original posters comments, and took it personally;

You will never move forward with anything in life if you just accept things the way they are. You have to recognize problems and see opportunities for improvement. She has just highlighted some problems that Propellerheads should be thankful for, because it also gives them an indication of the frustrations that their users encounter, and in terms of prioritizing what to improve on, it's invaluable information for them.

She picked a good place to write about her problems, this is a Reason forum and her problems are with Reason. Why would she go to the pro tools forums to report a Reason issue???

Perhaps there should be a permanent sticky section on the forum called "Frustrations" where people could put in anything about Reason that's pissing them off. It could be connected to a word cloud where the most mentioned words in that thread would appear the largest, so when Propellerheads would come to look in there, they would see the most frequently mentioned words / frustrations that people are having.

To all the people that are currently happy with Reason, good for you, stick to your current version and make music and don't click on posts like this. Everyone has a right to complain, it's passion for the product and they are trying to make it better than it currently is.
Unfortunately most people completely misunderstand this and take it personally.

Biolumin3sc3nt

21 Sep 2017

normen wrote:
21 Sep 2017
EnochLight wrote:
20 Sep 2017
I think Normen's post sums things up nicely. Perhaps the meaning is lost on you, though? Not sure:
Come on, I think Miss understood that its obvious that the fish is the most inferior animal :)
Normen, I like the way you think - That made me laugh

EnochLight

21 Sep 2017

davidvilla wrote:
21 Sep 2017
This conversation should really end with this post mark999 made early in the discussion:
No, actually it shouldn't - unless the OP would have properly titled their thread "Why actually reason is the worst DAW for ME". ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Oquasec

21 Sep 2017

Yeah that sounds like Reason is a terrible daw...for you.
Working pretty well for me :]
It inspires, it is fun, it gets you into the mood to produe anything with it's layout [that still needs dpi scaling though I'm not getting a 4k monitor just yet]
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

mguh22

21 Sep 2017

Miss Controllerism wrote:
19 Sep 2017
mguh22 wrote:
19 Sep 2017

Your example of groupings isn't accurate. You can group the output busses for multiple channels in the Mixer window and control their volumes with a single fader.

while grouping tracks in the mixer its usefull a you can do it.. i want to group them also in the sequencer and its not possible right now
Given this was one of the main reasons you gave for Reason being the worst DAW ever (that and it's not yet optimised enough VST performance when running multiple Omnisphere instruments - although you do have the new in R9 'Bounce In Place' which should let you get round this for now).

Reason isn't just a DAW, it's Reason. I think you clearly don't understand any of the unique benefits the platform can bring to the creative process and instead you're being hyper negative about some minor things that matter more to you. To cast aspersions on the entire whole application, based on your own obvious prejudice and definition of what the best DAW is or isn't, seems rather unfair to me.

davidvilla

21 Sep 2017

Lol, so if the OP just added the words "FOR ME" to her topic heading you Reason-THICKheads will calm down?

That's a nice, unhealthy emotional connection to software you guys have there.

GEEEEEEEEZUS. :lol:

esselfortium

21 Sep 2017

davidvilla wrote:
21 Sep 2017
Lol, so if the OP just added the words "FOR ME" to her topic heading you Reason-THICKheads will calm down?

That's a nice, unhealthy emotional connection to software you guys have there.

GEEEEEEEEZUS. :lol:
:lol:

So if someone's experience doesn't line up with with some clickbait hyperbole you agree with, the only possible explanation is that they're too foolish and overcome with emotion to see the error of their ways.

I recognize that you're only here for trolling's sake, but you could at least try to be a little less obvious about your childish intentions.

edit:
davidvilla wrote:
21 Sep 2017
Troll? Lol, been using it since V2 - I just don't get my panties in a bunch when someone criticizes it. If you all think my comments are inflammatory, then you need to get your emotions in check.
Okay, well then, you can just keep doing the same "anyone who disagrees is too blind and emotional to appreciate how great my shitposting is" routine I guess.
Reason is not this godly software that sits on a pedestal of perfection.
Literally no one except you is saying this.
I do giggle like the joker though, when reading your responses. You guys are FUNNY.
Because you're posting to troll and get laughs. It's really obvious, friend!
Last edited by esselfortium on 21 Sep 2017, edited 2 times in total.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

davidvilla

21 Sep 2017

Troll? Lol, been using it since V2 - I just don't get my panties in a bunch when someone criticizes it. If you all think my comments are inflammatory, then you need to get your emotions in check. Reason is not this godly software that sits on a pedestal of perfection.

I do giggle like the joker though, when reading your responses. You guys are FUNNY.

selig
RE Developer

21 Sep 2017

Geez folks, get a life…

Get outside, go have a IRL conversation, or how about making some music, for goodness sake.

Why is it that these 'drama' threads get all the participation, while the actual 'useful' threads fade away… :)
Selig Audio, LLC

Gorgon

21 Sep 2017

selig wrote:
21 Sep 2017
Geez folks, get a life…

Get outside, go have a IRL conversation, or how about making some music, for goodness sake.

Why is it that these 'drama' threads get all the participation, while the actual 'useful' threads fade away… :)
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

aeox
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2017

selig wrote:
21 Sep 2017
Geez folks, get a life…

The human race LOVES drama. Whether it's TV shows, gossip, etc.

You wouldn't believe how many "careers" on youtube are solely from spreading drama, or creating it.

Any "reality" TV show is going to be saturated with tons of drama. People love tension and taking sides in all matters of life.

CaliforniaBurrito

21 Sep 2017

man-sitting-on-a-chair-with-holding-cutlery-fork-and-knife-on-hand-in-front-of-the-giant-drama-pie.jpg
man-sitting-on-a-chair-with-holding-cutlery-fork-and-knife-on-hand-in-front-of-the-giant-drama-pie.jpg (735.12 KiB) Viewed 2016 times

EnochLight

21 Sep 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
21 Sep 2017
man-sitting-on-a-chair-with-holding-cutlery-fork-and-knife-on-hand-in-front-of-the-giant-drama-pie.jpg
With that beard, he's sure to get plenty of drama leftovers stuck inside for later. :D ;)

stratatonic

21 Sep 2017

EnochLight wrote:
19 Sep 2017
stratatonic wrote:
19 Sep 2017
Now with Spectral Editing...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSBO_VC9q3E
You can put all the makeup you want on that elephant, but at the end of the day - it's still an elephant. :puf_bigsmile:
A new GUI is makeup. Spectral Editing is hardly makeup.
Is that you behind that desk? Is that elephant Reaper? It's the biggest baddest animal of the bunch...

EnochLight

21 Sep 2017

stratatonic wrote:
21 Sep 2017

Is that you behind that desk? Is that elephant Reaper? It's the biggest baddest animal of the bunch...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stratatonic

21 Sep 2017

I can only say about this thread that Reason is the most inefficient CPU VST wise between Logic, Reaper and Reason. (I haven't used Ableton , Studio One in years and never tried Bitwig, Cubase etc....)

Reaper is the most efficient DAW of those three. It can host more VSTi s. More Audio tracks. It opens up in a couple of seconds. And opens a ton of audio tracks - even on first scan - ridiculously fast.

That said, I like the self contained model of DAW, so I tend to use Logic and Reason more than Reaper - mainly because of the native sounds. I dig Thor and NN-XT and Combinator. I dig Alchemy and the Drummers in Logic.

And OP., yeah, Reason needs folders.

davidvilla

21 Sep 2017

stratatonic wrote:
21 Sep 2017

I can only say about this thread that Reason is the most inefficient CPU VST wise between Logic, Reaper and Reason. (I haven't used Ableton , Studio One in years and never tried Bitwig, Cubase etc....)

Uh-oh, you just pissed off the Reason-thickheads. Get ready.

stratatonic

21 Sep 2017

davidvilla wrote:
21 Sep 2017
stratatonic wrote:
21 Sep 2017

I don't think I'm pissing anyone off. It's only my opinion - which is easily verified by anyone who gives a shit.
DAW demoes are all around. I can't be bothered to download every DAW out there and post efficiency results.
I've used three DAWs over the past few years - those are my observations of the three.

EnochLight

21 Sep 2017

davidvilla wrote:
21 Sep 2017
Can you stop with the name calling? I mean seriously.. it's fine if you have a differing opinion from others, but resorting to name calling and ad hominems is just unnecessary. Sad, really.

selig
RE Developer

21 Sep 2017

davidvilla wrote:
21 Sep 2017
stratatonic wrote:
21 Sep 2017

I know you're probably just trying to be cute with your new 'catch phrase' catch-all for those who you don't agree with. Or you're trolling. But for certain you are name-calling.
Either way, let's keep it civil, please.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2017

EnochLight wrote:
21 Sep 2017
davidvilla wrote:
21 Sep 2017
Can you stop with the name calling? I mean seriously.. it's fine if you have a differing opinion from others, but resorting to name calling and ad hominems is just unnecessary. Sad, really.
Hmm, Does he not use Reason.......... I think he likes looking in the mirror.. :lol:

dvdrtldg

21 Sep 2017

Hey here's an idea: how about everybody just stop feeding this tedious troll

fotizimo

21 Sep 2017

EnochLight wrote:
21 Sep 2017
davidvilla wrote:
21 Sep 2017
It's all he has.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

davidvilla

21 Sep 2017

selig wrote:
21 Sep 2017
davidvilla wrote:
21 Sep 2017

I know you're probably just trying to be cute with your new 'catch phrase' catch-all for those who you don't agree with. Or you're trolling. But for certain you are name-calling.
Either way, let's keep it civil, please.
:)
And do tell, how is this different from calling someone a "Reason-basher"? Or Reason fanboy, or Reason-anything?

• Information