how to root one combinator to different instruments tracks in the sequencer

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Miss Controllerism

17 Sep 2017

so if i open one combinator but inside i add differents instruments i can see only one tracks in the sequencer because the combinator its routed into one mixer channel

Lets say that i want to creat a combinator with differents instuments of Strings for example... Each instruments its a string articulation

so i creat a combinator inside the combinator i create a 16 MIXER Rack.. then i create one Violin legato instrument and i route it to che mixer channel 1 -2... then i create one Violin staccato instrument and i route it tou channel mixer 3-4 and so ....

now if i want to record on the sequencer how can i see the different tracks per instruments???
i wanna see one tracks for the violin legato nother for violin staccato not only the Combinator track?

how can i do this^?

Zac

17 Sep 2017

I think you can create a track lane for any instrument/device in a combi by just right clicking the instrument and creating new track from device menu from what I remember.

AttenuationHz

17 Sep 2017

You could also shift click outside the combi creating the instrument then drag it into the combi. Shift clicking will disable auto routing so you will have to route it appropriately yourself. Outside the combi will create the track automatically without creating a mixer channel.

Or the way I usually do it would be to combine later so I already have the tracks in the sequencer. If you press control and select instruments on the rack you can then right click to combine the selected tracks. Best bet when you already have the instruments in the combi is to right click > Create Track for....
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Miss Controllerism

17 Sep 2017

Zac wrote:
17 Sep 2017
I think you can create a track lane for any instrument/device in a combi by just right clicking the instrument and creating new track from device menu from what I remember.

i cant do this with kontakt

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

17 Sep 2017

Miss Controllerism wrote:
17 Sep 2017
Zac wrote:
17 Sep 2017

i cant do this with kontakt
Zac is correct, so yes you can...
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (58.29 KiB) Viewed 938 times

AttenuationHz

20 Sep 2017

In previous versions if you alt clicked a parameter it used to set the track lane also not sure if it still does. Think you need the track in the sequencer now to set automation. But if it is in a Combi you can alt left click the pitch bend or mod wheel on the VST device in the rack and it should create the track! You can clear the automation then as it might not be needed.

If you have no "Create Track" you can just drag the instrument outside the combi and then right click. Make sure auto routing is disabled first though! Once the the track for it is in the sequencer just drag it back into the combi. If any parameters are set on the combi once it is dragged outside it will reset those parameters. Best bet would be to alt click the mod or pitch bend if you have parameters set on the combi and you have no Create Track in the right click menu.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information