Drum samples in reason factory sound bank

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Reasonable man

16 Sep 2017

Actually with with any drum hit samples really....

When you audtion them in the browser window they have a particular sound but when you drag them onto a Redrum space or a Kong pad the original sound is almost unrecognisable ie it completly changes the volume , tone and timbre of the sample

Has anyone found a way of compensating for this ,as it's time consuming to try and guess what a particular drum sample will sound like once it's in the sequencer.

Thanks

Exowildebeest

16 Sep 2017

Check if

1) the redrum/kong settings are neutral
2) you have any processing on the master

Ostermilk

18 Sep 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:
16 Sep 2017
Check if

1) the redrum/kong settings are neutral
2) you have any processing on the master
Yep, if you are auditioning new samples to add to Redrum/Kong reset the Redrum or Kong first. Click on the device, right click to bring up the submenu that will have the option Reset Device. This will make sure the previous settings don't alter the samples default sound when it's loaded into a pad or slot.

EthicistBeats

18 Sep 2017

I used to think something similar, until i noticed the volume slider for sample previewing in the browser.. my fix was just turning it down.. as well as sometimes turning up the level in the nn's in kong , sometimes they seem quiter but its just how kong works i supposse... no biggie really imo

tobypearce

21 Sep 2017

If you're on a mac it's worth assigning a keyboard shortcut to reset the device.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

• Information