Propellerhead Reason 10 New Feature Request

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EdGrip

15 Sep 2017

tobypearce wrote:
15 Sep 2017
I'm really not a fan of this message:

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 14.53.12.png
Oh god. This. I hate this. I have read this bit of the manual more than once and I still don't understand it and it makes me nervous to move anything on my data drives.
Although i do use this when I've chopped a load of samples out of a long clip, and selected them all for "Bounce clips to new samples", and then I use the "song self-contain self song samples" dialogue to save the whole lot as .wavs in a neat folder on the hard drive somewhere. But it feels like a bodge way of doing something that should be simpler. (And probably would be simpler if I knew the manual better.)

Palmeira

15 Sep 2017

mark999 wrote:
13 Sep 2017
Scalable UI - this is now very overdue
Tags for presets
Overall graphics update / overhaul for older rack devices (for example Redrum, NN19, NNXT, Subtractor) they look and feel outdated
Stereo Spread knob for ALL reason synths, because they all sound 'old' and mono, unless you individually add spread effects to each synth yourself.
In the sequencer, add buttons to each track so the user can jump to Mixer/Rack for that track.
Improve the naming and cohesion of device and track names between the Rack, Sequencer and Mixer.
Think you nailed it there mate....

Aiden

Creativemind

16 Sep 2017

mark999 wrote:
13 Sep 2017
Scalable UI - this is now very overdue
Tags for presets
Overall graphics update / overhaul for older rack devices (for example Redrum, NN19, NNXT, Subtractor) they look and feel outdated
Stereo Spread knob for ALL reason synths, because they all sound 'old' and mono, unless you individually add spread effects to each synth yourself.
In the sequencer, add buttons to each track so the user can jump to Mixer/Rack for that track.
Improve the naming and cohesion of device and track names between the Rack, Sequencer and Mixer.
With you on the NN-19 and NN-XT. Don't think the Redrum or Subtractor look outdated though. Just think they could be expanded upon. Subtractor could be made stereo, be given a mod matrix and an FX section that includes reverb, delay, chorus, unison voice spread, flanging, phasing and distortion. Have all those on a section at the bottom that opens up when you click an arrow like you do on other devices such as the Dr.Octo.Rex and Thor.

Redrum could also use some extras....a drop down to enable you to an access a pattern sequencer so you can see all rows and steps and the ability to clear channels once added if you so wish, drag other sounds from one channel to the other, the ability to save and load patterns up and all parameters in proper values like the Master Volume in dB for instance.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

kuhliloach

16 Sep 2017

" if the rack isn't the reason someone picked Reason, they probably picked the wrong DAW,"

I guess its wishful thinking! I want others to love and support the same program I love and support. So it seems to me that appealing to a wider audience might be a smart move from the company's standpoint. This is a good argument - but my question is do the people at Propellerhead Software want to sell MORE copies or FEWER? Do they want to embrace new types of customers or raise the height of the wall between composers and producers? Based on offerings like LAYERS it seems their priority is a cavalier rush into drawing in new types of customers without actually improving the program--get their foot in the door with a cool synth, so they can 'face the music' later...

per-anders

16 Sep 2017

- Proper grouping, with hierarchical grouping that mirrors in the rack, sequencer and mixer,

- Better caching with automatic freeze/unfreeze of channels, busses and groups as you work in them, so that it only has to stream or process the bare minimum.

- Xref projects, allow an external project to take up a lane with a sequence that can be cut up/moved/reversed/time scaled/muted etc, and channel. Double click it or have a button on the RE Xref to open and edit it's project and allow optionally to either play that project solo or play the parent in the background on playback while you're editing it so you get a full mix then a button to go back to the parent project, and carry on working there..

- Better blocks, check out how Studio 1 does this.

- Sequence looping

- Fix the aliasing.

- Export should downres.

- Allow rack and mixer zoom (UI scaling). Ideally I want a hot key to allow smooth zoom in/out on mouse drag. Just as I want another hit key for panning by dragging. Thing of how you drag google maps. Navigation is one of the things you do the most in a app, it needs to be fluid.

- MP3/4 export

- More optimization, less CPU usage, better multithreading,, especially Reason should be able to handle more VST's.

Jagwah

16 Sep 2017

Video support - very pleasey

Less individual devices and more everything Reason.

Faxxer

17 Sep 2017

OK i'm adding my 2 cents...

this would affect Live playing the most in my opinion... Having the ability to to repeat sections of a song 1, 2, X times just like in a real music score you get the repeat bars to go back to the point and repeat that section.... You could make it so you can set a jam loop in the middle (like for Jazz) and then uncheck the loop in real time and finish the song, etc. I guess you call this sequencer looping, but I'd like it to be more ......user friendly I guess is what I'm saying.

or a way to click onto a section of the sequence and set it to start playing on the bar you set.... For example, I'm at bar 48 and I realize the crowd REALLY likes my 2nd chorus....so I go into the sequencer and tell it to go back to the 2nd chorus at bar 60 and then go back and start playing again at bar 60 after it's done the section I wanted....ideally, you could lead the song into any section as much as you wanted if this was done correctly...creating a massive jam/dj ability....I'm sure hardware setups would follow soon thereafter.

Ike
:essentials: :adapted: :re: :PUF_take: :refillpacker: :recycle: :rebirth: :reason: :record: :refill: :ignition: :o

michal22

17 Sep 2017

1. Possibility to freeze midi to audio in the same channel - without duplicating in SSL mixer. Ability to defrost channels for editing.

2. Patterns for SSL mixer. Something like patterns in ReDrum, but each pattern records the mixer settings for the verse, transition, chorus, etc. These settings are permanent. If we want to add a smooth change - moving, then we add normal automation. This way we only draw a line of pattern changes plus moving automation without editing so many parameters. I mean volume, pan, effects intensity, compressor range etc.

3. Super combinator. We set inside the combinator all the parameters on the internal devices and press the right mouse button on the combinator and choose to save the parameters as bank A. Repeat for the remaining 3 banks. The combinator is a rectangular trackpad, where each corner is a separate bank. By swiping our finger we smoothly change the parameters of the devices inside the combinator. This may also be a separate device with a different name. We use the appropriate combinator as needed.

4. Update the current combinator. More inputs, more buttons, more knobs and especially - set parameters in the programmer by drag and drop mode as in parsec synthesizer.

5. Update current player devices plus create something new: for example, a slider-controlled trigger drum release device.

6. Updated SDK for the ability to create player devices by external developers. Updated SDK to equalize developers' chances in the fight against VST.

7. Sequencer update:
- drawing curved automation lines
- apply to scale
- apply to chord
- mixing two clips that overlap
- drag and drop clip from sequencer to devices in rack

8. Update comp mode. Currently there is no possibility of copying inside comp mode. This should be improved. When we have 2 clips of different lengths it is not possible to mix them in comp mode. You have to handle this problem around.

9. Detecting the key and scale in samples. I mean a device similar to serato sampler. A solution that makes life a lot easier.

10. Supports video clips like samples through a new device similar to kong. Video clips are loaded instead of samples. In addition, the ability to apply special effects such as a kaleidoscope, reversing, changing colors and other psychedelic climates. :)

11. Triggering blocks through a midi driver, something like in ableton. Separate patterns for each track (as in FL studio) and possible later placement in the sequencer. For example 5 patterns for drums, 3 patterns for synthesizer, 2 patterns for bass, and then arranging them in sequencer.

12. mp3 export.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

DonnieAlan

17 Sep 2017

1. Allow tracks to be solo safed.
2. Allow VST hosting while in slave mode
3. Make Rewire a 2 way street so audio can be routed from host to Reason for processing and sent back all with Rewire
4. Subtractor II. Stereo with additional waveforms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

messy-jesse

18 Sep 2017

Midi indicator lights on piano roll.

messy-jesse.com

Ixus

18 Sep 2017

Better sequencer would be nice. Zoomability like in Logic, where it is so easy to get really zoomed in, fix a minor detail and then get back out really fast and simple. I bought Studio 1 a while ago and while I haven't used it much (VST update lol) I also thought the sequencer there felt better than in Reason.
Simple things like drag across the channels to mute/unmute and so on. or click arm to record and drag to select multiple channels.

Its like one of these things that are really old that works but could use an overhaul imo.

And audio to video would be neat!

electrofux

18 Sep 2017

Clip Launcher

• Information