Consolidate Tracks?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jmusic

10 Sep 2017

I was wondering if Reason 9.5.1 can consolidate tracks like in Avid's Pro Tools 12?

EpiGenetik

10 Sep 2017

jmusic wrote:
10 Sep 2017
I was wondering if Reason 9.5.1 can consolidate tracks like in Avid's Pro Tools 12?
Can you describe what it is that you want it to do? In fairness, there's a lot of engineering tricks available to Pro-Tools users that aren't in Reason, but if you can describe what this feature does we might be able to tell you of a workaround :)

jmusic

10 Sep 2017

Like this in Pro Tools 12.

esefelipe

10 Sep 2017

Bounce Mixer Channels is the closest similar feature.

You can also join clips in the sequencer but that isn't quite the same as consolidating and will also destroy any individual clip level adjustments.

Djstarski

11 Sep 2017

esefelipe wrote:
10 Sep 2017

You can also join clips in the sequencer but that isn't quite the same as consolidating and will also destroy any individual clip level adjustments.
I`ve tested this out and your levels will not change when you join the clips .

esefelipe

11 Sep 2017

Djstarski wrote:
11 Sep 2017
esefelipe wrote:
10 Sep 2017

Just tested it myself and you are correct - I was mistaken. What I meant was I thought it would destroy the clip level information, whereas bouncing mixer channels makes a copy of the track and leaves the original.

But, joining clip regions with different levels actually forms a comped clip, and each level becomes a different comp.

What you will lose for sure is clip fade in/outs. Only the fade in on the very first clip and the fade out on the very last clip will be rendered.

EpiGenetik

11 Sep 2017

Bounce in place is the best way to do it as you won't lose fades and levels etc. You would then be able to join clips after that, and then adjust any other levels issues after that. So yes it can be done, but it's not a single automated process. Still easy to do though without any real thinking required. :)

Djstarski

11 Sep 2017

esefelipe wrote:
11 Sep 2017
Djstarski wrote:
11 Sep 2017

Just tested it myself and you are correct - I was mistaken. What I meant was I thought it would destroy the clip level information, whereas bouncing mixer channels makes a copy of the track and leaves the original.

But, joining clip regions with different levels actually forms a comped clip, and each level becomes a different comp.

What you will lose for sure is clip fade in/outs. Only the fade in on the very first clip and the fade out on the very last clip will be rendered.

Yes your right about the fade ins and outs . I get where your coming from .

• Information