Reason Auth WITH USB key failes after 3-4 months == POS

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
thghgv

10 Sep 2017

So this software and USB key after being properly authed (a major feat and PITA the first time) a few months back has suddenly decided to shit the bed and start asking for "propellerheads account login", i.e. reason will not run - The machine is NOT on the internet and will stay that way as it is my main production machine. This pathetic excuse for a copy protection scheme is SUPPOSED to allow authorizing the USB KEY on another ONLINE machine with the codemeter app installed and then be able to remove the key and plug it to the offline production machine to allow the reason app to load properly - this does not work at all. I have put in a couple of "case numbers" to the propellerheads "support path" which is more SCAM than path and quite conveniently EMAIL ONLY - it's a nice scam they have going, I reply and reply and reply ad-nauseum and never get a return reply from their stupid asses. Then after I turn in more case numbers copying all the email threads from the previous case number they give me the "you never got back to us" bullshit line... Needless to say I am just about done with the propheads and their lame excuse for a POS pile of bits they call reason. I should say, I have used earlier versions of reason successfully and have good things to say about those versions, but THIS new bullshit - this is a fucking nightmare. Why was it again that they did away with the company run forums that used be at propellerheads.se ??? Maybe they got tired of actually having to deal with the aftermath too many really pissed off people trying to get their stupid excuse for a protection scheme to work?? Now they just say "Oh, you never got back to us" and wash their hands of it all...

Has ANYONE here had this issue with a reason usb key and an OFFLINE machine and actually been successful at getting a workaround out of the prop-idiots? Be advised, I am looking for an OFFLINE solution to this - if you say "reconnect the production machine to the internet" you get batch slapped.

Exowildebeest

10 Sep 2017

Honestly, the best advice I can give you is to let go of the belief that your main production machine has to be disconnected from the internet. It's a practice that'll cause you more pain than gain.

aeox
Competition Winner

10 Sep 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:
10 Sep 2017
Honestly, the best advice I can give you is to let go of the belief that your main production machine has to be disconnected from the internet. It's a practice that'll cause you more pain than gain.
But but.. No pain no gain!

aeox
Competition Winner

10 Sep 2017

More pain more gain :)

EpiGenetik

10 Sep 2017

It works for everyone else. Although there were certainly teething issues when it was first introduced 8 years ago, this is rarely the case now.

Let us know how you get on though, and once the Props figure out what it is that you are doing wrong, we can add that to the list of things not to do :)

Best of luck.

• Information