Waves G Series versus reason SSL

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Palmeira

04 Sep 2017

As the G Series form Waves is on sale for $29 today I wondered if anyone has had the chance to compare the results from this plugin to the Reason SSL channel strip?

Cheers

Aiden

seqoi

04 Sep 2017

Palmeira wrote:
04 Sep 2017
As the G Series form Waves is on sale for $29 today I wondered if anyone has had the chance to compare the results from this plugin to the Reason SSL channel strip?

Cheers

Aiden
I did. I have Duende, Waves, Plugin Alliance , Acustica and i use UAD SSL plugins. To my findings Waves is definitely worth 29$ if you don't use Reason however if you have Reason then imo it's completely not needed.

My personal opinion is that Reason SSL EQ and channel strip while not sounding the same as Waves one is better to work with, more pleasing sound and more musical - read faster to mix with. Imo Reason is not quite there regarding SSL emulation like UAD or PA but good i mean really good representation of an SSL board.

I can really make good results with it.

My advice is if you plan to use Waves G SSL outside Reason then go for it. If not i mean if you work solely in Reason then my opinion is that you don't need it.

Palmeira

04 Sep 2017

seqoi wrote:
04 Sep 2017
Palmeira wrote:
04 Sep 2017

Cheers

Aiden
I did. I have Duende, Waves, Plugin Alliance , Acustica and i use UAD SSL plugins. To my findings Waves is definitely worth 29$ if you don't use Reason however if you have Reason then imo it's completely not needed.

My personal opinion is that Reason SSL EQ and channel strip while not sounding the same as Waves one is better to work with, more pleasing sound and more musical - read faster to mix with. Imo Reason is not quite there regarding SSL emulation like UAD or PA but good i mean really good representation of an SSL board.

I can really make good results with it.

My advice is if you plan to use Waves G SSL outside Reason then go for it. If not i mean if you work solely in Reason then my opinion is that you don't need it.
Cheers for the reply. I figured there probably wasn't much in it so I'll save my money and buy some beer or something!

okaino

04 Sep 2017

And u get the option of e and g on one channel if that even mattered to u.

I tend to type better when im not on a phone.

Palmeira

04 Sep 2017

okaino wrote:
04 Sep 2017
And u get the option of e and g on one channel if that even mattered to u.

Cheers mate not too fussed really just wondered if the Waves plug sounded significantly better than the Props SSL as I know they put a lot of work into their modelling.

Nice one

Aiden

slightlyprog

06 Sep 2017

I got the Waves SSL because for such a cheap price if it does anything at all useful it's worth it.

seqoi - Were you able to run the PA Bx_Console E in Reason? I tried it but it causes a crash every time, it seems to work at first and then freezes up Reason which then has to be shut down and re-opened. I am tempted to try the new Console G and see if it works properly.

What would be very slick is if Props would add the kinds of features these other consoles have, like saturation, channel variations etc.

okaino

06 Sep 2017

slightlyprog wrote:I got the Waves SSL because for such a cheap price if it does anything at all useful it's worth it.

seqoi - Were you able to run the PA Bx_Console E in Reason? I tried it but it causes a crash every time, it seems to work at first and then freezes up Reason which then has to be shut down and re-opened. I am tempted to try the new Console G and see if it works properly.

What would be very slick is if Props would add the kinds of features these other consoles have, like saturation, channel variations etc.
The point of reason i feel is for you to add it. Scream and pulveriser aint there to be cute. [emoji2]

selig
RE Developer

06 Sep 2017

slightlyprog wrote: What would be very slick is if Props would add the kinds of features these other consoles have, like saturation, channel variations etc.
Interestingly enough (to me, anyway), these are exactly the sort of features we wished the real SSL did NOT have… ;)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

seqoi

07 Sep 2017

slightlyprog wrote:
06 Sep 2017

I tried E console and Neve console (now it is called N console) in Reason. I had zero problems. Win 10 x64. I have yet to find time to test G console from PA but anyway here they worked flawless. And i really pushed them a lot (needless to mention i liked this plugin a lot i think i will buy it it will be on sale for Black Friday).

Cheers

pjeudy

07 Sep 2017

slightlyprog wrote:
06 Sep 2017
I got the Waves SSL because for such a cheap price if it does anything at all useful it's worth it.

I was thinking about something along those lines the other day. Imagine if Propellerheads would gives us a New SSL or other Mixer emulation at the click of a mouse... Like an option to select a Neve console emulation that would basically replace the SSL Mixer at the beginning of your sessions!?

Heck, you could even save them as templates and decide on what Desk you will be working on at will! of course I'm thinking of a full channel strip.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

aeox
Competition Winner

07 Sep 2017

pjeudy wrote:
07 Sep 2017
slightlyprog wrote:
06 Sep 2017

I was thinking about something along those lines the other day. Imagine if Propellerheads would gives us a New SSL or other Mixer emulation at the click of a mouse... Like an option to select a Neve console emulation that would basically replace the SSL Mixer at the beginning of your sessions!?

Heck, you could even save them as templates and decide on what Desk you will be working on at will! of course I'm thinking of a full channel strip.
I was thinking about that too. That'd be pretty sweet.

okaino

15 Sep 2017

pjeudy wrote:
slightlyprog wrote:
06 Sep 2017

I like the idea!

• Information